2023 confirmed as world's hottest year on record

CharlieH

13 hours ago, nauseus said:

The response to which you jumped on was to someone else - he didn't provide any links so I couldn't be bothered either. 

You made the same claim several times. Since you know the claim to be a lie you can't provide a credible link.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2024 at 10:47 PM, placeholder said:

Thanks for the scientific report. I guess you had this published in The Journal of Because I Say So.

The high tide lines not changing? A six tear old could figure it out looking at the pics. Some stuff doesn’t need scientific study. You don’t seem very bright. 

22 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

The high tide lines not changing? A six tear old could figure it out looking at the pics. Some stuff doesn’t need scientific study. You don’t seem very bright. 

I may not be very bright but you seem very trusting of an anonymous person's claim. And perhaps a bit ignorant. The high tide line isn't constant. 

Because of the angle of the moon with respect to the earth, the two high tides each day do not have to be of equal height. The same holds true for the two low tides each day. Tides also differ in height on a daily basis."

https://forecast.weather.gov/glossary.php?word=tides#:~:text=Because of the angle of,height on a daily basis.

The most accurate way to measure sea level is  not by it's relation to the shore but by its absolute height in relation to the center of the earth. This is done by satellites.

"Radar satellite altimetry is one of the basic satellite measurement techniques intended primarily for solving global geodetic tasks by means of radar measurements from satellites toward the Earth. Satellite altimetry ensures the collection of high-precision global data of uniform accuracy on sea level, which enables monitoring of the geophysical characteristics of the sea and larger water surfaces, that is, marine topography and circulation within liquid water bodies. During the last four decades, satellite altimetry has revolutionized geosciences, especially oceanography, geophysics, and geodesy."

https://www.intechopen.com/chapters/87727

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

You made the same claim several times. Since you know the claim to be a lie you can't provide a credible link.

I can, but like I said, I can't be bothered. 

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Because the existence of winter disproves the Global Warming hypothesis.

Who said global warming is false.

One more Global warming Zealot, on AN. :coffee1:

You should try humor sometime,  you may even like it.

19 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Does anyone here disagree with the simple fact that CO2 traps heat in the lower atmosphere?

It doesn't really matter what we believe. Manmade climate change is a scientific fact, only some who don't want to adjust their lifestyle or take care of the planet for our children doesn't believe that.

And no argument will convince them.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 10:08 AM, nauseus said:

Nonsense back at ya. The O3 layer has greatly recovered since 2000, so that driver of stratospheric cooling has weakened correspondingly. That is what I was talking about. 

And yet, the Stratosphere continues to cool. Why is that?

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

Another porky.

If you aren't prepared to back up your claims, keep your comments confined to the fiction forum.

The folowing rule was created for this forum specifically to keep out conversational polluters such as yourself:

"Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source."

https://aseannow.com/forum/158-world-news/

Like I said before, the exchange you broke into began with a link-less post. So save your faux outrage for that poster. 

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

You mean that after all this carp you don't know?

i know why the Stratosphere is cooling.

*You* know why the Stratosphere is cooling.

But your urge to troll prevents you from giving the real answer.

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

Like I said before, the exchange you broke into began with a link-less post. So save your faux outrage for that poster. 

The crucial difference is that I am always prepared to provide a link if asked. You refused to provide one.

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

The crucial difference is that I am always prepared to provide a link if asked. You refused to provide one.

Well that's just fine. Of course we are different. Sometimes I won't link if others haven't and I don't see why I should. The same applies to those who interrupt the party late (i.e. yourself) but with no similar criticism of the party I was responding to, who did not provide a link either. I see that as inconsistent on your part.

But just for you:

https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/journals/clim/29/13/jcli-d-15-0629.1.xml

If you go to the final para of section 1 the first sentence reads:

"The temperature of the stratosphere has decreased over the last several decades because of the combined effects of increases in well-mixed greenhouse gases (GHGs) and changes in stratospheric ozone".

And if you go to the final para of section 4 the first sentence reads:

"Model simulations (e.g., Stolarski et al. 2010) suggest that stratospheric temperature changes will evolve in response to changing ozone trends".  

I have tried to suggest that the recent, relative, warming effect due to ozone recovery is shown in a trend change, so that overall cooling is much less than pre Y2K. Yes, my original wording was poor and could be seen as misleading, but that was not intentional.

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Well that's just fine. Of course we are different. Sometimes I won't link if others haven't and I don't see why I should. The same applies to those who interrupt the party late (i.e. yourself) but with no similar criticism of the party I was responding to, who did not provide a link either. I see that as inconsistent on your part.

But just for you:

"The temperature of the stratosphere has decreased over the last several decades because of the combined effects of increases in well-mixed greenhouse gases (GHGs) and changes in stratospheric ozone".

"Model simulations (e.g., Stolarski et al. 2010) suggest that stratospheric temperature changes will evolve in response to changing ozone trends".  

I have tried to suggest that the recent, relative, warming effect due to ozone recovery is shown in a trend change, so that overall cooling is much less than pre Y2K. Yes, my original wording was poor and could be seen as misleading, but that was not intentional.

It's not relative warming. It just a decrease in the rate of cooling. The stratosphere on balance is still getting colder.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 11:10 PM, BritManToo said:

And you keep posting the same nonsense about sea level rises.

There are none, and if there were the rich of the world wouldn't still be buying seafront property, and the banks wouldn't still provide 30 year mortgages on them. Not to mention the huge current investments in building resorts on Pacific islands that were predicted to be underwater by now.

You need to use a little common sense when making your alarmist posts, else be laughed at.

Official figures are clearly fake!

New study projects sea level rise to drain Florida’s financial future

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

But just for you:

The Stratosphere is cooling despite improvements in the Ozone layer.

Is it really so hard for you to type "the Stratosphere is cooling as heat is trapped in the lower atmosphere by CO2". ?????

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

The Stratosphere is cooling despite improvements in the Ozone layer.

Is it really so hard for you to type "the Stratosphere is cooling as heat is trapped in the lower atmosphere by CO2". ?????

Oh I see! Dictation!

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

It's not relative warming. It just a decrease in the rate of cooling. The stratosphere on balance is still getting colder.

I already wrote: so that overall cooling is much less than pre Y2K.

Enough.