2023 confirmed as world's hottest year on record

CharlieH

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Confirmation that you are unable to counter any of my points with an intelligent argument. 

Poor form Chomps.

Maybe when you have a private moment away from the forum, think about why these celebs and politicians don't alter their own behaviour if they know/care so much. 

Nah, I’m not fixated on the lives of the rich and famous, I certainly don’t make my life choices based on theirs or anyone else’s

I’ll stick around this forum as long as I wish and don’t break any rules that preclude me doing so, if you don’t mind that is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Notice the trend.

The more the environment is researched, managed and developed by special interests, govts and industry (to control warming) the more heat is created.

Big business for govt and industry and wealth creators to spend and rake in revenues.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

No impact by earthquakes on global warming.

Volcanoes have a minor cooling function due to emissions of silicon dioxide.

Self contradictory or what?

Strong eruptions can temporarily reverse warming:

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/images/1510/global-effects-of-mount-pinatubo

And it's sulfur dioxide not silicon dioxide. 

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

which is really utterly irrelevant to the topic, neither affecting climate change or record temperatures. Oh, look! A rabbit!

Wow, that must mean I responded to an off-topic post! Forgive me....pleeeaase.

• Love It 1

Anyone notice when one is on an airconditioned train and there are lots of people on board, the cabin is hot.

When most of the people get off then the train cabin cools down.

It's the same with earth, a long time a go there were less humans so the earth was cool (less people, less buildings and cities, less cars and mechanical things more natural environment, )

Now today there are 8 billion humans and the earth has warmed up.

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nah, I’m not fixated on the lives of the rich and famous, I certainly don’t make my life choices based on theirs or anyone else’s

I’ll stick around this forum as long as I wish and don’t break any rules that preclude me doing so, if you don’t mind that is.

Well dodged - again.

I'm sure the Elites will give you a special wave to say thanks as they blast overhead in their private jets, choking you with CO2 as you pedal your bike to the Soy store.  

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, freeworld said:

Anyone notice when one is on an airconditioned train and there are lots of people on board, the cabin is hot.

When most of the people get off then the train cabin cools down.

It's the same with earth, a long time a go there were less humans so the earth was cool (less people, less buildings and cities, less cars and mechanical things more natural environment, )

Now today there are 8 billion humans and the earth has warmed up.

The earth has not warmed up because of 8 billion people's body temp. It does not stink because they all fart either.

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I will continue to follow the example set by the politicians and the celebrities lecturing the plebs about this.

In other words, I will fly as much as I want to, drive large gas gussling cars, purchase more high performance ICE motorbikes and live in the largest house I can possibly afford.

When they consider the so called 'climate emergency" to be serious enough to change their behaviour, I may consider joining the Doomsday cult. Until then, let them continue writing their silly articles and preaching from the altar at the Golden Globes.  

i wonder what a rock concert vs a major sporting event vs making a movie vs my carbon footprint is ...relatively speaking. 

i bet one of those events alone can account for dozens of single persons footprint over a lifetime. 

ok I'm off to saint tropez for some fun fun. 

27 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The earth has not warmed up because of 8 billion people's body temp. It does not stink because they all fart either.

Everything thing a human does contributes to global warming.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Starting with burning fossil fuels being almost all of the problem.

humans,

raze the grounds of vegetation to build the power plants, raze the ground and extract the minerals and gases needed to fire the plant, the industry created to extract, manufacture, build and supply the power plants, the drain on natural water resources needed to cool the plants, increasing humans need more so they can consume to the standards they desire and feed more industry.

This is just a small part of it, its a never ending cycle.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, cmjl said:

Statistics can and often are manipulated to suit agendas.The IMF is about making money and there is a lot of money to be made both directly and indirectly pushing the green agenda,I bet they haven't done an unbiased comparison between the subsidies for fossil fuels and green energy.

In the push for green energy acres of land are being covered in solar panels and wind turbines are mushrooming both on and off shore causing untold damage to nature and the environment. Then if we take into consideration the fact that cobalt,lithium and other rare earth minerals are needed in ever larger quantities and are being mined by children as young as 7yo and then there's the toxic lakes caused by the washing of these minerals...........

Right. It's a case of Big Green vs. tiny oil.

As for the rest of your claims...got any quantifiable facts to compare the damage caused by renewables as opposed to the damage caused by burning fossil fuels?

Yours is just another Pavlovian response.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, 300sd said:

One wonders if the scientists employed by government follow the science or the narrative. 

Most people know the answer to that question already but keep following the white rabbit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Right. It's a case of Big Green vs. tiny oil.

As for the rest of your claims...got any quantifiable facts to compare the damage caused by renewables as opposed to the damage caused by burning fossil fuels?

Yours is just another Pavlovian response.

not to compare but lithium is quite nasty and definitely needs changes and more technology to move forward.

Edited by stoner
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Could you possibly fit more errors into such a short post?

images (6).jpeg

Good grief, another graph. There is no proof that the use of carbon by humans causes climate disruption. All the data compiled in the attempt to explain that humans cause climate change is nothing more than a correlation of possibilities guise as fact to the untrained eye. The changes of gravity that affects the earth in the solar constellation and solar activity over the eons have caused more climate fluctuations than what any human activity has caused. The rest is propaganda used to influence and control which has become an epidemic hysterical mental disorder. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Well dodged - again.

I'm sure the Elites will give you a special wave to say thanks as they blast overhead in their private jets, choking you with CO2 as you pedal your bike to the Soy store.  

‘Elites’ 

Like elites you spend so much time defending?

I’ve just got back from 50Kms of open country riding, not a private jet insight.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, novacova said:

Good grief, another graph. There is no proof that the use of carbon by humans causes climate disruption. All the data compiled in the attempt to explain that humans cause climate change is nothing more than a correlation of possibilities guise as fact to the untrained eye. The changes of gravity that affects the earth in the solar constellation and solar activity over the eons have caused more climate fluctuations than what any human activity has caused. The rest is propaganda used to influence and control which has become an epidemic hysterical mental disorder. 

What utter garbage. Basic physics says that increased atmospheric CO2 causes a rise it atmospheric temperatures and increased ocean acidity.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, novacova said:

Says guy spewing fossil fuel industry propaganda.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I will continue to follow the example set by the politicians and the celebrities lecturing the plebs about this.

In other words, I will fly as much as I want to, drive large gas gussling cars, purchase more high performance ICE motorbikes and live in the largest house I can possibly afford.

When they consider the so called 'climate emergency" to be serious enough to change their behaviour, I may consider joining the Doomsday cult. Until then, let them continue writing their silly articles and preaching from the altar at the Golden Globes.  

If the Global western Marxist can figure out a way to protest& riot in unison with the Chinese Communist People on their turf, it would significantly improve the Climate Change accountability factor .That will be a sight to see until then , keep on living your life .

1. China, with more than 10,065 million tons of CO2 released.
  2. https://climatetrade.com/which-countries-are-the-worlds-biggest-carbon-polluters/
Edited by riclag