PM Srettha aims for “zero” school dropout

webfact

main-13-600x338.jpg

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin said today he will on this Saturday unveil his government’s plan to address the worsening problems of Thailand’s education inequality.

He said the goal is to bring down the number of Thai children denied education opportunity to “zero”.

In his post on X, the prime minister said one of the first things he did upon taking office last year was to order government agencies concerned to integrate their collection of data on students who have dropped out of the education system.

He said the agencies include the Fund for Education Equality, Ministry of Digital Economy and Society and the Ministry of Interior which have been instructed to set up Thailand’s first big database addressing the issue of school dropouts.

Picture: Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-01-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Would they not be better learning from life than from the absolute rubbish they dictate in schools???

Be better to have a well constructed and efficient schooling system. However that would probably mean bringing in qualified teachers until the local teachers are up to international standard. Will not happen.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, 2baht said:

Why would they do that, keep the population dumbed down, only educate the children of the rich (overseas) and continue pilfering the coffers forever! Keep on rockin' in the 3rd world! :jap:

I agree with you, as I said it wont happen. Talk is cheap we know from governments around the world. Only actions will solve a problem but no government wants to make the actions happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

I agree with you, as I said it wont happen. Talk is cheap we know from governments around the world. Only actions will solve a problem but no government wants to make the actions happen.

Civilised countries want their people educated, these numpties just thrive on greed! Look around, it's not hard to see just how dumb the locals are! Dope laws, submarine purchase, failed brakes, domestic violence, road toll etc!

18 hours ago, webfact said:

In his post on X, the prime minister said one of the first things he did upon taking office last year was to order

That he thinks issuing orders constitutes leadership says all you need to know about this buffoon.

About as useful as forming a committee.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

main-13-600x338.jpg

Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin said today he will on this Saturday unveil his government’s plan to address the worsening problems of Thailand’s education inequality.

He said the goal is to bring down the number of Thai children denied education opportunity to “zero”.

In his post on X, the prime minister said one of the first things he did upon taking office last year was to order government agencies concerned to integrate their collection of data on students who have dropped out of the education system.

He said the agencies include the Fund for Education Equality, Ministry of Digital Economy and Society and the Ministry of Interior which have been instructed to set up Thailand’s first big database addressing the issue of school dropouts.

Picture: Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-01-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Did anyone else notice that the ministry of education is not part of the program.

Kids drop out when. They are not learning anything that they think they need.  Matayom schools need to teach trades and home economics

How many of you older gentleman learned engine basics or how to build a birdhouse in school 

8 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Be better to have a well constructed and efficient schooling system. However that would probably mean bringing in qualified teachers until the local teachers are up to international standard. Will not happen.

Again with the teacher bashing. Are you saying Thai teachers are not qualfied? Apart from this how about bringing the schools up to standard. How about hiring more teachers. How about getting rid of corruption within the system. How about reducing the number of students in a class. Some schools have 50+ in a class and 40+ is common. I could keep going with many problems in the system before I got to the problem of teachers who are overworked and underpaid.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

International standard.

What does that mean? 

11 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

qualified, interested and not lazy

If I have health and find myself retired in Thailand,as I will soon have my nursing degree and a masters in respiratory medicine ( being done now as a mature student in my mid 30's). I will be happy to teach the state kids English and by extension science. Give them a leg up on those trying to hold them down. 

19 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Again with the teacher bashing. Are you saying Thai teachers are not qualfied? Apart from this how about bringing the schools up to standard. How about hiring more teachers. How about getting rid of corruption within the system. How about reducing the number of students in a class. Some schools have 50+ in a class and 40+ is common. I could keep going with many problems in the system before I got to the problem of teachers who are overworked and underpaid.

Totally agree with you. It is the whole thing that needs to be updated. Thai teachers will never understand the small nuances of the English language any more than a non-Thai will understand the Thai language.

Edited by Photoguy21

Education starts with your parents, given the Thais that I know that's just doesn't happen. My step daughters husband is Thai Chinese and he is most responsible. Thai Chinese place their kids education as a number one priority.