US and UK hint at military action after largest Houthi attack in Red Sea

CharlieH

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I think you need reminding of what I wrote and your reply:

image.png.f31cf7ff52ce740f6b528b1fede46015.png

How does Israel pausing solve the Houthi problem?

You were the one that brought up Israel, have you forgotten already?

image.png.3ad510c2a8823c4af18f2fa67ee5f2ec.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

You've got a nasty habit of dishonestly implying other posters said things which are actually injected by you into the conversation.

Who said it was 'counterproductive'? You? Certainly wasn't me. Out goes your first 'argument'.

Commentators are a dime a dozen, and what does the Houthis' popularity got to do with anything?

Neighboring countries aren't happy about things - yes, and? How does that effect things? Are they happy with maritime traffic disruption?

Again, i did not say anything about 'actions the endanger the current regimes in the region', nor do I see how they are exactly 'endangered' - and obviously, 'good idea' is your own addition. Same goes for 'worth the risk'.

Shooting drones is not a solution, and obviously the USA does not see it as such either.

I was not accusing you of claiming it was counterproductive. Rather posing it as a possibility. And you don't see how neighboring countries' regimes endangered? If the US escalates its response against the Houthis, you think the local citizenry are going to be happy about their governments' friendly relations with the US? Have you noticed that MbS isn't exactly thrilled with the US response? In fact, have any of the locals joined in or even approved of these actions? You don't see the potential for major arrest if the US seriously escalates its response?

And if the US just continues as it has been and the Houthis keep up their attacks, which seems likely, doesn't that actually make the US look weak?

Edited by placeholder
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You were the one that brought up Israel, have you forgotten already?

image.png.3ad510c2a8823c4af18f2fa67ee5f2ec.png

But you're the one who answered my question by citing a stop by Israel. In fact, a pause would solve nothing in regards to the Houthis. 

• Confused 3

Just now, placeholder said:

But you're the one who answered my question by citing a stop by Israel. In fact, a pause would solve nothing in regards to the Houthis. 

Yes I tend to reply to posts but I see you ignored this one:

"Pauses are always an opportunity for further talks and further ceasefires."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I tend to reply to posts but I see you ignored this one:

"Pauses are always an opportunity for further talks and further ceasefires."

Sure they are. Absolutely. It's almost a dead cert that once a pause is estableishe, Israel will readily agree to an extension. You've got to be kidding. 

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Sure they are. Absolutely. It's almost a dead cert that once a pause is estableishe, Israel will readily agree to an extension. You've got to be kidding. 

Why not, it was agreeing to a further extension of the Nov pause but Hamas refused

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

There you go again.

More nonsense from you. I posed a question about what would stop the Houthis. BrianBkk tried to blameshift onto Hamas and claimed first that a "stop" later revised into a "pause" would be just the ticket. Since you've decided to insert yourself into this, how would a pause solve the Houthi problem?

• Sad 1

Just now, placeholder said:

More nonsense from you. I posed a question about what would stop the Houthis. BrianBkk tried to blameshift onto Hamas and claimed first that a "stop" later revised into a "pause" would be just the ticket. Since you've decided to insert yourself into this, how would a pause solve the Houthi problem?

Your quote

Looks like the Houthis won't stop until Israel stops.

My response remains the same and it is not a blameshift, it is reality.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

No, more of your usual games.

You ask contrived, pointless, leading, loaded questions - then attack the answers.

You do not offer anything, just ask others for answers and solutions.

I did not 'insert' myself, this is a public forum.

And I have already opined on your new loaded 'question' - maybe try reading instead of 'asking'.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/11/2024 at 3:02 PM, Morch said:

@thaibeachlovers

Being the strategic genius that you are, how would you tackle the fact that this group is disrupting international maritime commerce?

I'd reroute shipping and avoid the area. The Houthis found a nice and easy way to do very little harm to people, so minimal bloodshed to put pressure on murderous Israel. I applaud them.

There's no excuse for bombing. When the only toll in your tool box is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. The problem with the totally immoral West is that they use any excuse for a good bombing.

I'd like to see these smaller nations and insurgents with better defensive weapons able to shoot down Western bombers. 

And I realise that this is not a popular view, but I hold people who support western military actions over the past 50 or 60 years, too be contemptible people who have warped morals. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, retarius said:

I'd reroute shipping and avoid the area. The Houthis found a nice and easy way to do very little harm to people, so minimal bloodshed to put pressure on murderous Israel. I applaud them.

There's no excuse for bombing. When the only toll in your tool box is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. The problem with the totally immoral West is that they use any excuse for a good bombing.

I'd like to see these smaller nations and insurgents with better defensive weapons able to shoot down Western bombers. 

And I realise that this is not a popular view, but I hold people who support western military actions over the past 50 or 60 years, too be contemptible people who have warped morals. 

Shoot down Western bombers?  Every heard of the various guided missile systems that are in the toolbox?  This is the 21st century!

13 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

"very little harm to people"  Then why don't you prove it by transiting the Red Sea.

Don't forget to hug the eastern coastline and fly an Israeli flag.

Just how many have been killed or injured?

• Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Shoot down Western bombers?  Every heard of the various guided missile systems that are in the toolbox?  This is the 21st century!

How about Russia donating some S400s and S500s when they've shots all the US's F16s down?

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, retarius said:

Where have you been?  Quite obvious no where close to the Red Sea, where some commercial vessels have suffered damage with one ship actually set afire before being extinguished.  You have not replied to my suggestion about reporting back with a first hand account.  That is, if you survive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

Where have you been?  Quite obvious no where close to the Red Sea, where some commercial vessels have suffered damage with one ship actually set afire before being extinguished.  You have not replied to my suggestion about reporting back with a first hand account.  That is, if you survive.

I don't want to be picky but how to you draw a line between a ship being damaged and people killed or injured?

• Confused 3

28 minutes ago, retarius said:

How many would make you fuzzy and warm inside, knowing it's for the righteous fight?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1