Visa nearly expired while marriage visa under consideration

16 hours ago, Aionss888 said:

Hi,

My visa is due to expire on Sunday 14th, I have an under consideration stamp for a marriage visa that has been pending for 1 month, what will happen if my visa runs out before its approved?

You have a date in your passport when to go, that is the date you must attend! don't rely on them phoning you. do you actually mean visa or extension?

My marriage extension ends on the last day of a month, I go 2 weeks before it expires and get the 30 day under consideration in my passport.

I then go to the IO the following month to collect my new extension stamp.

Normal procedure, no drama.

19 hours ago, Aionss888 said:

Hi,

My visa is due to expire on Sunday 14th, I have an under consideration stamp for a marriage visa that has been pending for 1 month, what will happen if my visa runs out before its approved?

The under consideration period is the equivalent of an extension. Back in 2014 my permission to stay was about to run out and my only option was to apply for a 12 month marriage extension to get that extra 30 days.

• Confused 2

Hi,

Don't worry you just need to go to immigration when it's stated , the chan you should be refused is very slim , if approved after your visit your passport  will be stamped (Permitted to stay until January 13 2025) and you also got a receipt for 90 days reporting taped in your passport there you can see when next report ids due. Hope this helps

Hi,

You're all right. You have no need for concern. Really!

3 hours ago, spetersen said:

Don't worry you just need to go to immigration when it's stated , the chan you should be refused is very slim , if approved after your visit your passport  will be stamped (Permitted to stay until January 13 2025) and you also got a receipt for 90 days reporting taped in your passport there you can see when next report ids due. Hope this helps

My experience is your One year clock includes the 30 day under consideration stamp so the actual extension stamp will be 11 months out the day they put it in your PP - not 12 months.

On 1/11/2024 at 1:36 PM, Aionss888 said:

Hi,

Please do not confuse your visa with your permission to stay they are two very diffrent thing,s

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Explain please?

It is not, in fact, crystal clear from the wording which the OP has used whether he is, indeed, referring to an annual extension of stay for marriage. Or to a non-O visa conversion for marriage (for which "under consideration" stamps are also issued initially), as set out in the following link:

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

Both processes are as different from each other as are apples from oranges!