National Children's Day 2024: Armed Forces Ready for Educational Activities

webfact

ee4cb3f50a67ca13577124f5ae28e30dd06be307896ebef672eeef2849fdfd0a.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

In anticipation of National Children's Day 2024, the armed forces are preparing to offer children enriching experiences and fresh perspectives through a range of educational activities.

Both the army and air force are gearing up to organize diverse events, aiming to create new avenues for learning among children, reported Siam Rath.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On January 12, 2024, the army presented an extensive collection of weapons and equipment at the Army Headquarters on Ratchadamnoen Road in readiness for the traditional National Children's Day celebration. General Charay Chintaw, the Army Commander, will personally open the event and interact with the children.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This year's highlight includes opening up spaces for children to visit the Army Museum and the Army Heritage Wall, showcasing the history and evolution of the army, including various weaponry such as armored vehicles like the BTR-3E1 from Ukraine, M1126 Stryker from the United States, and VN-1 from China.

The event will feature various outdoor activities, educational sessions for students, live demonstrations, military dog shows, and large-scale regional activities across different army units nationwide. The Army Commander emphasized the importance of safety measures during the event.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

While the army is organizing the Children's Day event, the air force is also actively participating. Central events are planned at the 601 Squadron, Air Force Museum, and National Air and Space Center, as well as various air bases across the country.

The celebration includes air shows featuring different aircraft such as T-50, F-16, F-5, Alpha Jet, C-130, and Gripen, providing an entertaining and educational experience for children nationwide.

Top Picture: Siam Rath

-- ASEAN NOW 2024-01-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1

The amount of power the army has over people is frightening.  From kindergarten the teachers dress up as soldiers every Monday.  Then we have the scouts activities.  Which involves walking around in circles for hours holding a stick.  Someone should tell them what the stick represents.

Morning exercises where the students must stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down, turn left, turn right.

They are mindless drones by the age of 18 and would happily gas any race that they were told to.

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

'Armed Forces Ready for Educational Activities' - is there another general election already?

you beat me to it   555 ... never crossed my mind that educational activities could/would include  " military coup(s)"

8 hours ago, webfact said:

ee4cb3f50a67ca13577124f5ae28e30dd06be307896ebef672eeef2849fdfd0a.jpg

In anticipation of National Children's Day 2024, the armed forces are preparing to offer children enriching experiences and fresh perspectives through a range of educational activities.

Both the army and air force are gearing up to organize diverse events, aiming to create new avenues for learning among children, reported Siam Rath.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On January 12, 2024, the army presented an extensive collection of weapons and equipment at the Army Headquarters on Ratchadamnoen Road in readiness for the traditional National Children's Day celebration. General Charay Chintaw, the Army Commander, will personally open the event and interact with the children.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This year's highlight includes opening up spaces for children to visit the Army Museum and the Army Heritage Wall, showcasing the history and evolution of the army, including various weaponry such as armored vehicles like the BTR-3E1 from Ukraine, M1126 Stryker from the United States, and VN-1 from China.

The event will feature various outdoor activities, educational sessions for students, live demonstrations, military dog shows, and large-scale regional activities across different army units nationwide. The Army Commander emphasized the importance of safety measures during the event.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

While the army is organizing the Children's Day event, the air force is also actively participating. Central events are planned at the 601 Squadron, Air Force Museum, and National Air and Space Center, as well as various air bases across the country.

The celebration includes air shows featuring different aircraft such as T-50, F-16, F-5, Alpha Jet, C-130, and Gripen, providing an entertaining and educational experience for children nationwide.

Top Picture: Siam Rath

-- ASEAN NOW 2024-01-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Discusting....let the children play with toys, not weapons🤮

• Sad 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

They're children for god sake... can't you think of something more appropriate.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

On Thursday the Honda motorcycle dealer in Chanthaburi held a fun day for students

That will be great. If they don't shoot each other on the rifle range with the military guys, they can go learn how to drive like a lunatic with a free bike for the day.

No crash helmets required!

• Confused 2

I cant figure it out your statement that children want to become officers in the Army-Navy and the Air Force pilots is omitted. When I was child I always wanted to become pilot in Air Force and finally I become electronic engeneer in computer system working at Flight Simulators of Mirage-F1cg -Mirage-2000eg and Mirage-2000-5 glass cockpit aircrafts.(five screens in cockpit /340 degree projection view).Next period I am going to "fly" and see F/S Rafale aircraft as well as computer interface peripheral projection units in an air base where my friend is an experienced high skilled combat pilot.

Thai children have to visit Chiang Mai air base to see Gripen pilots as well as to see how they are dressed -oxygen mask helmet and briefing/debriefing before/after mission -take off -landing.

In my country every month and almost evey week we have children visitors as well as from Universities where pilots inform them about the mission of airbase as well as aircaft capabilities and finally perform virtual flight at Flight Simulator with visual approach -weather condition clear -cloudy-rain -day -night parameters.

I am not addressing you now but but I am appealing to Thai Ministry of Defense to invite educational institutions to visit military bases so that young children love the military land/air personnel.

Edited by Paris333
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, 2baht said:

Ahhh! What's do kids love more than guns and weapons? :jap:

And, possibly, death, and losing a leg or two... What is it with Thais preaching "soft powers" and chastity, but practising the exact opposites, then denying and lying about it...

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Discusting....let the children play with toys, not weapons

I agree with the sentiment   but it ain't toys anymore , its smartphones and most of the brats would probably be a lot happier if left at home glued to tiktok or whatever.       

on the other hand we used to play "war" as kids even in our free time, its actually one of the the few things I can remember from infants school  we didn't need any encouragement, even at that age we knew it wasn't real, in fact at 6 years old we had no concept of what real war was, No idea what got us started probably something to do with being british I think we alternated between war and football . 

Something like this would have been cool   

13 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Not all about military, and most events have no military connection at all  - though the local event is hosted at the Tha Mai navy airstrip; lots of smaller less-publicised things

On Thursday the Honda motorcycle dealer in Chanthaburi held a fun day for students from the Chanthaburi Education Centre for disabled children; food, music and entertainment, gifts, education scholarships

A Chinese shrine community in Chantaboon (the old area of Chan town) donated 30 new bicycles to be given to kids from low income families

Company Mrs M works for similarly donated money towards purchase of bicycles to be given away

Cycle shop Zienbike has been working all hours assembling bikes for the past week+, to the point they couldn't accept bookings for repairs/maintenance; my bike's service delayed till Wednesday

We've been to the Tha Mai airstrip event in previous years, it's an entertaining day out, yes there's military displays but a lot more than that; not this year though, instead taking daughter #2 to a nice little cafe in Ramphan away from the crowds.

Not a soldier in sight; a previous year's fun at Paknam Khaem Nu

spacer.png

That looks like the most pathetic apology  for fun I have ever seen!  If my parents had tried to make me go  there instead of a military base I would have hated them for the rest of their lives   only suitable for 2 year olds    or the children of vegans

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

7 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Could always take them on an educational visit and teach them Chemistry in a Meth's lab on the border with Myanmar.

OR.......................... Let's go caving in the rainy season.

Or..... take them to Gaza, Iran, Iraq and show them the real thing.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

They are mindless drones by the age of 18 and would happily gas any race that they were told to

There is probably more truth in that sentence than any of us like to admit to ourselves,   especially the last part

If it was an us or them scenario, and by "us" i'm not referring to expats (well not specifically)   they wouldn't take much persuading 

Edited by Bday Prang

On 1/13/2024 at 5:11 AM, 2baht said:

Ahhh! What's do kids love more than guns and weapons? :jap:

Yes, I am a bit anti on this idea of glorifying military and weapons to impressionable young minds.  They should be letting 6 year old ride big bikes for fun!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yep, we should be providing safe spaces where the kids can talk about gender identity, counseling for when someone shouts loudly at them etc etc etc...........

Catch you later, off down the range with the kids......

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

Well that was <deleted> show.  I went out and didn't see anything special going on.  The TV just had the same cycle of stabbings and drunk driving.

You need to go to the places where events are being held , rather than just going out hoping to see something going on