Thai Government plans digital shift for lottery sales

webfact

11 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Yes they pay is 10,000 Bt f

Mate. your wife is having a lend of you. No bookie pays 10000 for a 100 investment where the odds are 100 to 1, they have to have a margin.  She is probably telling you she puts 100 on when it is really 200 to get the 10000.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GreasyFingers said:

Not for the government lottery and the sanctioned horse racing tracks.

Don't do as we do  .........do as we say..   kinda  thing

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

Mate. your wife is having a lend of you. No bookie pays 10000 for a 100 investment where the odds are 100 to 1, they have to have a margin.  She is probably telling you she puts 100 on when it is really 200 to get the 10000.

Honestly GF...I do try to be polite in post---but you really are quite dense on this---- All you had to do was Google it.

And you would have got

The payout on 100 to 1 odds is 100 times your risk amount, plus your *original wager amount. So if you bet $10 at 100 to 1 odds, your payout would be $1,010 if ...

So "Please check--the top western Betting site as above"   

if they get 100 times the amount you put on-- you would get...100Bt for every 1 Bt----a 1,000 Bt for 10 Bt---and everyone else knows  10,000Bt --for 100Bt
(*with the betting site above-- they are giving your wager back -hence $1,010 for a $10 bet.

Could I give you some advice GF--- Please dont come to live in Thailand---Bar girls who left school at 12 can do Math quicker then you.
Best you stay in the west where you hand money over and can see the amounts worked out and your what change is owed--on the electric register.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

Honestly GF...I do try to be polite in post---but you really are quite dense on this---- All you had to do was Google it.

And you would have got

The payout on 100 to 1 odds is 100 times your risk amount, plus your *original wager amount. So if you bet $10 at 100 to 1 odds, your payout would be $1,010 if ...

So "Please check--the top western Betting site as above"   

if they get 100 times the amount you put on-- you would get...100Bt for every 1 Bt----a 1,000 Bt for 10 Bt---and everyone else knows  10,000Bt --for 100Bt
(*with the betting site above-- they are giving your wager back -hence $1,010 for a $10 bet.

Could I give you some advice GF--- Please dont come to live in Thailand---Bar girls who left school at 12 can do Math quicker then you.
Best you stay in the west where you hand money over and can see the amounts worked out and your what change is owed--on the electric register.

You have no idea. If a legal bookie accepts a wager of 100 to 1 he will pay you 101 as you say. The illegal bookies running the illegal lottery only pay 50 to1 (Samui) or 60 to1 uphere for what is a 100 to 1 chance on the 2 numbers. Go and ask them.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, GreasyFingers said:

You have no idea. If a legal bookie accepts a wager of 100 to 1 he will pay you 101 as you say.

"you have no Idea if a legal Bookie pays out those Odds"-qoute------ GF I just given you one of the largest Betting sites in world that adhere to that, everyone (but you) knows that 100-1  pays out at 100 times the wager THAT'S WHY ITS CALLED 100-1

OK you win---- I give up now--they post things on here about dont argue with Loon's they will just drag you down to their level ---Have to go back and read that again

Your also Right, I have know Idea about things in Thailand--GF..... Just come to live here in 96--- nearly 30 years ago now----still dont know whats going on...but I'm just guess not as sharp as you.

Thank God this site has a block person button..................:w00t:

12 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:
13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Sales are not banned to foreigners.

Tax ID numbers are not a requirement to buy tickets or to claim winnings.

Bank accounts are not needed for winnings except for the largest prizes.

The post that I was responding to stated that foreigners were not allowed to purchase online lottery tickets and I was speculating as to the possible reasons. 

The post to which you responded also claimed that " prize winnings are not permitted to be paid to foreigners" so not unreasonable of me to presume that your response applied to that.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The post to which you responded also claimed that " prize winnings are not permitted to be paid to foreigners" so not unreasonable of me to presume that your response applied to that.

The full sentence that sparked my post is "Digital ticket sales to foreigners are unavailable and of course prize winnings are not permitted to be paid to foreigners, from KTB."

I know that there is no bar to foreigners purchasing physical lottery tickets from vendors or from redeeming winning tickets. I don't know whether foreigners are indeed barred from purchasing online tickets. Do you know?

3 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

"you have no Idea if a legal Bookie pays out those Odds"-qoute------ GF I just given you one of the largest Betting sites in world that adhere to that, everyone (but you) knows that 100-1  pays out at 100 times the wager THAT'S WHY ITS CALLED 100-1

OK you win---- I give up now--they post things on here about dont argue with Loon's they will just drag you down to their level ---Have to go back and read that again

Your also Right, I have know Idea about things in Thailand--GF..... Just come to live here in 96--- nearly 30 years ago now----still dont know whats going on...but I'm just guess not as sharp as you.

Thank God this site has a block person button..................:w00t:

It's very difficult---to read---posts with...all this---and...What's wrong with the normal writing with dots and commas?

Edited by Captor

2 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I know that there is no bar to foreigners purchasing physical lottery tickets from vendors or from redeeming winning tickets. I don't know whether foreigners are indeed barred from purchasing online tickets. Do you know?

If they've got a Thai ID and are registered in the app they can!  Foreigners are not barred from purchasing tickets just because they're foreigners.

40 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If they've got a Thai ID and are registered in the app they can!  Foreigners are not barred from purchasing tickets just because they're foreigners.

Ok.

From what I can gather, the online tickets are only available via Krungthai Bank's Paotang app. If there are restrictions on foreigners purchasing online lottery tickets, and I am not saying that there are, it would seem that such restriction likely would come from KTB and not the GLO. I do not know whether KTB imposes such restrictions, but apparently the person whose post I quoted originally must have been told this was the case. 

So perhaps the issue isn't whether foreigners are not allowed to purchase lottery tickets by the GLO, but whether KTB imposes limitations as their policy. Or perhaps the poster I responded to was given incorrect information. 

Perhaps a foreigner who has registered with KTB's Paotang app and purchased online lottery tickets with it could advise.

Edited by Etaoin Shrdlu

38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Well, KTB is a state-owned entity also so it could have come from either.

Yes, It could be either. Or perhaps there really isn't a restriction.

But other functions within the Paotang app are probably restricted to Thai nationals. I'm thinking of the purchase of securities or mutual funds, taking out personal loans and the like, so perhaps this would also apply to lottery tickets. But I don't know.

Let's see if a foreigner who has purchased lottery tickets with the Paotang app will advise.

2 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Yes, It could be either. Or perhaps there really isn't a restriction.

But other functions within the Paotang app are probably restricted to Thai nationals. I'm thinking of the purchase of securities or mutual funds, taking out personal loans and the like, so perhaps this would also apply to lottery tickets. But I don't know.

Let's see if a foreigner who has purchased lottery tickets with the Paotang app will advise.

Much easier, and more satisfying, to help out a potless vendor on the street.

On 1/13/2024 at 6:09 PM, oxo1947 said:

The illegal Lottery, is mainly centered around the last 2 numbers..... The Gov lottery pays 2,000 Bt  for that win--- the illegal lottery pay 10,000Bt... still working on 99-1 odds

100 combinations  from 00 to 99

Saying that-- The Gov odds for winning the (now up to 6 million) have very very much lower odds then the western Lottery ---but they never seem to have a roll over, does that mean its always won ?

Yes, someone always seems to win, remember you can buy a set of the same number you regularly hear of people wining 10 million baht plus with multiple tickets. 

The underground lottery is based on the last 3 numbers of the main winning ticket, the 6 million one, no betting allowed on the last 2 numbers, and they are a few different ways of playing the underground lottery as well.

Wife's son in law won 60 000 baht last year on a 100-baht stake known in Thai as 100 X 100 

When Covid was here they were no street sellers, it turns out the lottery is the biggest money earner for the government, they were down a good few hundred million baht.

14 hours ago, kickstart said:

Wife's son in law won 60 000 baht last year on a 100-baht stake known in Thai as 100 X 100

Yer Kickstart--they do the 3 number in Issan a lot---but 2 number seems to be more popular.

Its a pity about your wife's son winning, that will probably make him a Gambler for life......  :biggrin:

On 1/14/2024 at 4:33 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Ok.

From what I can gather, the online tickets are only available via Krungthai Bank's Paotang app. If there are restrictions on foreigners purchasing online lottery tickets, and I am not saying that there are, it would seem that such restriction likely would come from KTB and not the GLO. I do not know whether KTB imposes such restrictions, but apparently the person whose post I quoted originally must have been told this was the case. 

So perhaps the issue isn't whether foreigners are not allowed to purchase lottery tickets by the GLO, but whether KTB imposes limitations as their policy. Or perhaps the poster I responded to was given incorrect information. 

Perhaps a foreigner who has registered with KTB's Paotang app and purchased online lottery tickets with it could advise.

I bank with Krung Thai and have their banking app.

To purchase GLO tickets via their app, you also need to download the Paotang app.

To then register with the Paotang app you need a Thai ID.

It doesn't automatically link your KTB account and doesn't accept Pink ID cards or passports for registration.

Hopefully they will update and change this in the future, so that foreigners can purchase online.