Controversial Bikini Sunbathing by Foreign Tourists Sparks Cultural Debate in Bangkok and Chiang Mai; Authorities Respond

webfact

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

Are they sunbathing on the temple grounds, or a nearby athletic field?

According to my number one source on Buda temple ethics!

This is forbidden territory and is subject to the rules of temple ! This picture

is From Bangkok according to my source in view of the royals per-view

Source ,a devoted Thai Buddhist. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaywalker2 said:

Odd, you'd think they would have been a little self conscious as the only ones sunbathing on that vast sea of green like maybe that isn't the kind of thing you should do there. Possibly?

Particularly in a G-String...  But, I wonder if the treatment would have been the same if they were having a picnic in shorts and a tank top, or just sun bathing in shorts and a tank top as the girls were in Chiang Mai... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Particularly in a G-String...  But, I wonder if the treatment would have been the same if they were having a picnic in shorts and a tank top, or just sun bathing in shorts and a tank top as the girls were in Chiang Mai... 

I don't know about Chiang Mai but Sanam Luang isn't used for recreational activities, I believe.

36 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Unbelievable! Only 100 years ago Thai women often didn't even wear tops! - Is Thailand copying "traditions" from the  Ayatollahs, or Islamic State now? No wonder that Westerners more and more decide not to visit Thailand (again)...

probably read the old tourist site an deemed it  ok https://globalvoices.org/2011/04/24/thailand-outrage-over-topless-teen-dancing/

thai-ministry.jpg

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, riclag said:

According to my number one source on Buda temple ethics!

This is forbidden territory and is subject to the rules of temple ! This picture

is From Bangkok according to my source in view of the royals per-view

Source ,a devoted Thai Buddhist. 

It's understandable on temple grounds where everyone is asked to wear long sleeves and pants. But on Sanam Luang? C'mon!

• Like 2

Common decency should be adhered to. It is not, what they were wearing, but where. On the beach, OK; in a Gogo bar, anything goes, but not in a public area/park in the centre of town.

It is just as bad as when a low class male farang goes into a bar or restaurant without wearing a shirt.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1