Reduced Choice Of Cigarettes Due To A Dispute

Wanted to buy a heap of duty free fags to take home last month and they didn't have any of the popular european brands like Benson & Hedges or Marlborough, in fact hardly had any. The sales people on King Power said something like there was a dispute that they wanted to put something on the packaging but that the manufacturers wouldn't let them.

Anyone know if this dispute (What ever it was) has been resolved and therefor King Power now have a full selection of fags again.

The cigs you mentioned here are not really a good rep of those cigarettes anyway, they have to use a certain percentage of Thai tobacco in them and thus makes them horrible. Try the Marlboro reds and they're just a tad better than Krong tip and still eat up your throat.

I feel really bad that the OP coudln't get their favourite brand of cancer sticks. Perhaps they should spend a little LESS time wondering about such an injustice, and a little MORE time wondering how they can quit that filthy habit.

It's for your own good... if smoking is THAT important to you that you post these tragic stories on a website, you've got a serious addiciton problem.

I would seriously suggest you try to ween yourself off cigarettes. Try the patches, try "cold turkey", try anything... but try SOMETHING.

I would guess you smoke about 3 packs a day, right? I would also suggest you go down to your local international hospital, in Thailand, go to the heart center, and check out the people in the waiting room. Is that what you want to look like? Overweight, diabedes, a heart attack at 45 years old?

This is "tough love" here. No, I'm not going to pander to you like others, and try to console you over not getting your favourite brand of smokes. Others have done a fine job at that. But I'm the one that might save your life.

Go to a heart center waiting room NOW... TODAY... NOW... and take a look at the kind of people sitting there, waiting to see the good doctor, who they think will save them... but they probably can't... it's probably too late.

Grow up.

I feel really bad that the OP coudln't get their favourite brand of cancer sticks. Perhaps they should spend a little LESS time wondering about such an injustice, and a little MORE time wondering how they can quit that filthy habit.

It's for your own good... if smoking is THAT important to you that you post these tragic stories on a website, you've got a serious addiciton problem.

I would seriously suggest you try to ween yourself off cigarettes. Try the patches, try "cold turkey", try anything... but try SOMETHING.

I would guess you smoke about 3 packs a day, right? I would also suggest you go down to your local international hospital, in Thailand, go to the heart center, and check out the people in the waiting room. Is that what you want to look like? Overweight, diabedes, a heart attack at 45 years old?

This is "tough love" here. No, I'm not going to pander to you like others, and try to console you over not getting your favourite brand of smokes. Others have done a fine job at that. But I'm the one that might save your life.

Go to a heart center waiting room NOW... TODAY... NOW... and take a look at the kind of people sitting there, waiting to see the good doctor, who they think will save them... but they probably can't... it's probably too late.

Grow up.

Live and let live. While I don't smoke, if others want to do it, and if I don't have to breathe their fumes, I say, let em. A little moderation goes a long way. The hard core "left wingers" and "right wingers" (see quoted post above), seem to feel like they have a moral obligation to lecture people that what they are doing is dangerous.

Get off your soapbox and go read to some orphans or something productive.

Grow up.

Live and let live. While I don't smoke, if others want to do it, and if I don't have to breathe their fumes, I say, let em. A little moderation goes a long way. The hard core "left wingers" and "right wingers" (see quoted post above), seem to feel like they have a moral obligation to lecture people that what they are doing is dangerous.

Well said jbowman1993,

Grow up.

Well said jbowman1993,

Your reply is not clear... who are you saying "well said' to: me (the one trying to save his life, or the one encouraging him to continue on the path to being in the heart center waiting room?

Sorry to disappoint you Weho.

If I had wanted to say well said to you. I would have said, well said Weho. But I didn't. I said well said jbowman1993

I thought that's how you sgned your name... oh well..

Although I'm open to listen to anyone's opinion, but I hope he doesn't heed your bad advice. At a minimum, you could have suggested he increase his health insurance premiums to cover heart diseases, which are really unpleasant. But i'm a realist.. and i have a feeling he will not listen to me.

Imagine that... the kind of person who, while at an airport, ONLY thinks about cigarettes. I'm not perfect myself, but honestly, is someone is THAT interested in cigarettes, prices, where the tobacco comes from, etc., while in an airport, they have a big problem. And I don't like to have to lecture, cause i know most of the people are already tobacco addicts, and won't listen to anyone, BUT... maybe someone else reading this will get the point.... which is:

If you're going to smoke, at least know the consequences... GO the the Heart Center waiting room, and look at the condition of the other smokers... Ask yourself if you want to look like them. Was that "well said"?

I'm gonna give you a rare smiley... eventhough you're giving very poor life advice, I think you are sincere in your basic suggestion, which puts smokers in the Heart Center waiting room, waiting to see a cardiologist who, no doubt, will first ask: how much do you smoke?

So here's your smiley: :o

Sorry to disappoint you Weho.

If I had wanted to say well said to you. I would have said, well said Weho. But I didn't. I said well said jbowman1993

I thought that's how you sgned your name... oh well..

Although I'm open to listen to anyone's opinion, but I hope he doesn't heed your bad advice. At a minimum, you could have suggested he increase his health insurance premiums to cover heart diseases, which are really unpleasant. But i'm a realist.. and i have a feeling he will not listen to me.

Imagine that... the kind of person who, while at an airport, ONLY thinks about cigarettes. I'm not perfect myself, but honestly, is someone is THAT interested in cigarettes, prices, where the tobacco comes from, etc., while in an airport, they have a big problem. And I don't like to have to lecture, cause i know most of the people are already tobacco addicts, and won't listen to anyone, BUT... maybe someone else reading this will get the point.... which is:

If you're going to smoke, at least know the consequences... GO the the Heart Center waiting room, and look at the condition of the other smokers... Ask yourself if you want to look like them. Was that "well said"?

I'm gonna give you a rare smiley... eventhough you're giving very poor life advice, I think you are sincere in your basic suggestion, which puts smokers in the Heart Center waiting room, waiting to see a cardiologist who, no doubt, will first ask: how much do you smoke?

So here's your smiley: :o

Imagine the kind of person that has nothing better to do, except lecture anonymous strangers on an internet forum....

Im going outside to play with my dog. I suggest you do the same.

Back to the OP. I do not smoke, but just pick up a pack of 200 for a friend. Last two trips there has been no stock of virtually all Western brands. Rumour has it that King Power are in Financial trouble following the dispute at Swampybunny over space, the ban on liquids in take-on and general bad press.

I checked prices at Abu Dhabi (my airline's hub) and B&H was $7 US, so cheaper anyway! :o

I stand to be corrected, but my guess is that tobacco and alcohol are among the top selling lines at any duty free shop. So it is fair to say that someone wishing to purchase tobacco WILL think about it at an airport.

I believe that most people that smoke are aware of the possible risks, and do NOT need a lecture from anyone.

Though I do find some of the statements from non smokers and smokers amusing at times.

I stand to be corrected, but my guess is that tobacco and alcohol are among the top selling lines at any duty free shop. So it is fair to say that someone wishing to purchase tobacco WILL think about it at an airport.

I believe that most people that smoke are aware of the possible risks, and do NOT need a lecture from anyone.

Though I do find some of the statements from non smokers and smokers amusing at times.

I don't think lectures are good either... that's why instead of lecturing about how bad smoking is, I simply suggested he go check out a heart center waiting room.

AND to the other poster who mentioned the great deal of the $7 cigarettes in Abu Dhabi??? Well, you're encouraging people to fly 5,000 miles away to save a few shillings on cigarettes. But rather than lecture, I would just ask if you could post your latest heart/chest x-ray for us to evaluate.

AND to the other poster who mentioned the great deal of the $7 cigarettes in Abu Dhabi??? Well, you're encouraging people to fly 5,000 miles away to save a few shillings on cigarettes. But rather than lecture, I would just ask if you could post your latest heart/chest x-ray for us to evaluate.

You muppet. If you had actually read my post, I said I was a non-smoker, in fact I have never smoked, so I would guess that my "latest heart/chest x-ray for us to evaluate" would be quite a healty one.

Also, if you had read my post, you would see that my airline's hub is Abu Dhabi (which means that you have to fly first there, before making your onward jeorney).

And if you could read maps (is inability to read the recurring feature here? :o ) you would see thaqt Abu Dhabi is approximately 3000 miles from BKK (not 5000). And no, I am not, quite clearly, attempting to recommend anyone to board a flight of 3000 miles just in order to buy a box of fags. I state the latter, as you have misunderstood everything else in this thread, so I am trying to be clear as possible.

Muppet.

Imagine that... the kind of person who, while at an airport, ONLY thinks about cigarettes.

:o:D

So says the man who ONLY thinks about queues for eggs and trolley's on esculators etcetera etcetera.

Kettle and black springs to mind here Weho :D

I remember the thread about the trolleys on escalators. Most amusing.

Anyone know if this dispute (What ever it was) has been resolved and therefor King Power now have a full selection of fags again.

Still no answer to the op , bensons/marlboro , have/not have , simple really..

All this ranting and raving about health issues, any half educated person knows that smoking is bad for you, so are many other recreations that we mortals expose ourselves to. It's a choice that people make and society is trying to protect non-smokers by banning smoking in public areas. I say good to that.

Now no one has answered my question.

For your information I do not smoke but carry 20 boxes back to the UK and make a profit of nearly 500 quid which pays for my flight back to LOS. B&H or Marlborough are easy to sell. I prefer to fly direct but BKK not having these brands will make me drop down in the Middle East. Illegal yes. Hope this does not open up another lot of goody two shoes replys.

Any one know about my original question?

All this ranting and raving about health issues, any half educated person knows that smoking is bad for you, so are many other recreations that we mortals expose ourselves to. It's a choice that people make and society is trying to protect non-smokers by banning smoking in public areas. I say good to that.

Now no one has answered my question.

For your information I do not smoke but carry 20 boxes back to the UK and make a profit of nearly 500 quid which pays for my flight back to LOS. B&H or Marlborough are easy to sell. I prefer to fly direct but BKK not having these brands will make me drop down in the Middle East. Illegal yes. Hope this does not open up another lot of goody two shoes replys.

Any one know about my original question?

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

nor will Thai visa be party to any activities.

Thread closed. It was turning into a crap fight anyway.