Thai government resists Israeli embassy’s call for hostage release in Gaza

webfact

6 hours ago, retarius said:

Thailand should do its own thing and avoid the pollution that comes from supporting Israel. 

What 'pollution' would that be????    Thailand and Israel have a good trading relationship & both countries benefit!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Agreed,

And also there is this:-

In June 2007, Hamas fighters took control of the Gaza Strip and removed all Fatah officials. President Abbas, on 14 June, declared a state of emergency, dismissed Haniyeh's national unity government and appointed an emergency government, and suspended articles of the Basic Law to circumvent the needed PNC approval.

You have now militants controlling the country through force, not the ballot box.

There have been no elections since 2006. You therefore have a terrorist unelected de facto government.

Amazing, Israel gets attacked without any warning and 1300 plus civilians murdered and 248 plus taken hostages as shields, and the world says little.

Israel responds to them and they are the bad guys.

It is the nature and extent of the response that the world is opposed to, more than 10,000 children have been killed so far, there's no proportionality between what Hamas did and what Israel is currently doing, and to many it seems like Israel's intent is to completely obliterate Gaza from the face of the map. 

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It is the nature and extent of the response that the world is opposed to, more than 10,000 children have been killed so far, there's no proportionality between what Hamas did and what Israel is currently doing, and to many it seems like Israel's intent is to completely obliterate Gaza from the face of the map. 

It's never going to be proportionate, it's not scores on the doors, nor is it tit-for-tat mentality.

They are now trying to dismantle a vast network that has been built from the vast network of tunnels to weapons stockpiles and bombs over the last 18 years.

Schools, residential areas and hospitals are known areas where Hamas keeps its weapons supplies to cause maximum civilian casualties, in the event of an Israeli response, so they can go to the UN playing the victim and trying to widen it into a wider conflict to involve other Arab nations in the region.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Probably a good idea to keep the Israeli government out of it, since they've failed at everything related to the Palestinians and Gaza since 1948. 

They have been making themselves unpopular since 1300BC!

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Thailand kowtows to Hamas while insulting a country that has benefitted Thailand tremendously.  Well done.

One of the hazards of trying "to be friends with everyone."  Disgusting, unprincipled.  As are many of the comments here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The MAIN reason 10,000 children have been killed is that Hamas hides among civilians and has refused to release the hostages they took.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

My perceptions have gleaned that when a people's very existence offends someone, it is less about that nation and more about the commenter.

Well I might suggest it is their actions and behaviour that offend rather than existence...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

The MAIN reason 10,000 children have been killed is that Hamas hides among civilians and has refused to release the hostages they took.

If Israel would give up the occupation there would be no genocide as it's now.🙏

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

What sort of disjointed attempt at deflection is that, UN resolutions have nothing to do with the Hamas ideologies which are what I pointed out. If those murdering terrorists listened to UN resolutions they would have already released all hostages with no preconditions, perhaps that's the UN resolutions you need to read.

"the resolution also demands the immediate and unconditional release of all hostages"

That not right. 

The resolution of 2015 was about the 2 states solution. Nothing to do with the Hamas attack.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Greenhill said:

How many times????    Israel has not 'occupied' Gaza in any way since they withdrew in 2005!!!!

No water, no food, no energy, no medication...perfect way to eradicate Palestinians. Simply said it's a genocide.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Have you ever tried to get from Gaza into Israel? It is up to a 4-hour wait behind a huge fence with heavily armed soldiers. Many Gazan people who work in Israel spend up to 6 or 8 hours a day going back and forth dealing with the security apparatus. 

That's occupation in a smart way

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well I might suggest it is their actions and behaviour that offend rather than existence...

You literally said they've done nothing but offend people for over 3000 years.  Our gleany perceptions know exactly what you meant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

That not right. 

The resolution of 2015 was about the 2 states solution. Nothing to do with the Hamas attack.

You've not got this at all have you. This topic is  about Hamas holding hostages now. Nothing to do with 2015.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

If Israel would give up the occupation there would be no genocide as it's now.🙏

There is no genocide occurring and you know it.  But my statement assumes you know what "genocide" means, which you likely don't given your repeated misuse of the word.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

There is no genocide occurring and you know it.  But my statement assumes you know what "genocide" means, which you likely don't given your repeated misuse of the word.

It rhymes with hide.

1 minute ago, ChicagoExpat said:

You literally said they've done nothing but offend people for over 3000 years.  Our gleany perceptions know exactly what you meant.

I actually said 'making themselves unpopular'.... it is disingenuous that you need to rephrase my words, and add your own, to generate the meaning you want to create. Don't we see enough lies, from both sides already?

• Confused 1

A few facts to hopefully provide a more intelligent conversation:

• Israel has not occupied any part of Gaza since 2005.  There is no occupation.  Israel forcibly evacuated a small kibbutz there, to remove an irritant.
  • Gaza borders two nations -- Egypt and Israel.  Any criticism of the controls on Gaza have to include Egypt as well.
  • Israel formerly had no controls on entry into Israel from Gaza as recently as around 20 years ago.  This relationship benefitted (nearly) everyone -- thousands of Gazans worked in Israel everyday for good wages, and thousands of Israelis shopped in and visited Gaza.  What changed?
  • Arafat decisively rejected a two state solution as he was offered 98% of the West Bank, not 100% (the 2% of which -- rightly or wrongly -- had major Israeli habitation and there was no way that would change).
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I actually said 'making themselves unpopular'.... it is disingenuous that you need to rephrase my words, and add your own, to generate the meaning you want to create. Don't we see enough lies, from both sides already?

You're really going to try and dispute the difference between "making themselves unpopular" and "offend"?  THAT'S my "lie"?

Wow.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You've not got this at all have you. This topic is  about Hamas holding hostages now. Nothing to do with 2015.

That's not quite right. Hamas wouldn't hold any hostages if there would be a free Palestine.🙏

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

I admit I'm not a lawyer but maybe you?

The fact that The Hague is calling it a genocide speaks for itself.

🙏. But I'm not here to convince you or to change your mind. It should be an open discussion without any offensive wording.👍

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

You're really going to try and dispute the difference between "making themselves unpopular" and "offend"?  THAT'S my "lie"?

Wow.

Yes.... if there was no difference you would not have needed to change it to suit your agenda!

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, newbee2022 said:

That's not quite right. Hamas wouldn't hold any hostages if there would be a free Palestine.🙏

Hamas has genocide of the Jews literally written into its charter.  That is their goal.  So, yes, there WOULD be murders, rapes, and hostages even if there were such a thing as "Palestine."

It's absolutely incredible that you've gone from attacking Israel to literally defending Hamas.  You're disgusting.

• Like 1