Thai government resists Israeli embassy’s call for hostage release in Gaza

webfact

All hostages should be released not only from Gaza but also from the West Bank.

Since 7th October, Israel has detained over 5000 Palestinians including women and children and even elderly women.

Those people are effectively hostages detained by unlawful occupying force.

1 minute ago, Danny Australia said:

All hostages should be released not only from Gaza but also from the West Bank.

Since 7th October, Israel has detained over 5000 Palestinians including women and children and even elderly women.

Those people are effectively hostages detained by unlawful occupying force.

Agree, children should not be held.

And I'll give you credit as literally the first person I've seen in any forum, who generally seems to support the Palestinian side, who has called for the release of Hamas' hostages.

37 minutes ago, RobU said:

In no way was I making a Nazi reference merely quoting the published opinions of Israeli government supporters

https://peoplesworld.org/article/netanyahu-allies-push-expulsion-of-gazans-as-final-solution-to-israels-palestinian-problem/

Yes, there are some Israelis who feel that moving the Palestinians over the border to the Sinai desert would be a solution to the current Israel/Palestinian dispute .

That group calls in the final resettlement of the Palestinians , just moving them over the border , you changed that to the "Final solution" , which was Hitlers plan for the Jews .

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ChicagoExpat said:

NOT consciously making a Nazi reference?  And when you capitalize it?  You're either an ignoramus or a liar.  Next you'll say that Jews should all go to camps.  You know, just to have fun and stuff.

I like and respect the Jewish people as a whole. Throughout the world they have contributed to a stable western civilisation. I despise the current government of Israel. Do not confuse dislike and criticism of Israeli politics and politicians with anti semitism. To do so is immoral and deliberate support of a government's extreme policies and murderous intent.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sure absolutely normal criticism of the Israeli government just as any government is legit. But sadly such criticism often bleeds into irrational demonization of Israel and hatred of Jews. For example chanting River to the Sea is not criticism -- it's a call for genocide. 

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea of course you do, back tracking on your previous conspiracies now

At no point have I ever criticised the Jewish faith,.nor have I ever made any anti Semitic comment.  Nor have I expressed any support for the disgusting Hamas terrorist organisation. I strongly believe that the current Israeli government is an extreme right wing  blot on Israeli politics pursuing an expansionist agenda to drive the Palestinian people out of Gaza and any area populated by Palestinians by every means possible including sacrifice of it's own citizens to achieve that objective . Why were the Israeli female soldiers who acted as spotters unarmed and unable to protect themselves? The first military objective of any incursion would be the intelligence gatherers.

Edited by RobU
  • Sad 1

On 1/17/2024 at 11:04 AM, Gottfrid said:
On 1/17/2024 at 9:59 AM, NanLaew said:

Yeah. How about Isaan?

I don´t think that is a country.

Oh yes it is. It's like Texas is a "whole 'nother country" as well.

• Haha 1

I became a ‘Hamas supporter’, because I expressed my opposition to targeting innocent civilians

Meir Baruchin

‘It is a time of witch hunts in Israel’: teacher held in solitary confinement for posting concern about Gaza deaths

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/13/it-is-a-time-of-witch-hunts-in-israel-teacher-held-in-solitary-confinement-for-posting-concern-about-gaza-deaths

The Thai Foreign Ministry is right to call out the Israeli Embassy on this matter, as the Thais are involved in difficult negotiations to get their own citizens released.

The interests of the Thai government are not aligned with the Israeli Embassy call for the release of all the hostages at this time - the Thais are concerned with their own people.

I understand why the Thai Foreign Ministry is not pleased with the Israeli Embassy. We will see where they stand if/when they get their citizens back - I fully expect them to support a call for the release of the remaining hostages at that time.

The Thai government gave a course on how to do reverse psychology based on the psychology of people who have nothing to lose. After this statement, there is a high probability that Hamas will leave the hostages alive. If the Thai government had supported Israel's statements and asked for help, Hamas would probably have killed the hostages the next day.

• Confused 2

34 minutes ago, CashMoon said:

The Thai government gave a course on how to do reverse psychology based on the psychology of people who have nothing to lose. After this statement, there is a high probability that Hamas will leave the hostages alive. If the Thai government had supported Israel's statements and asked for help, Hamas would probably have killed the hostages the next day.

Welcome to bizarro world. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You're all over the place. Weren't we talking about Gaza? 

Mr Newbee2022 has just shown he knows very little about the M.E., if he thinks that Hebron is anywhere near Gaza.    It just discredits all his stupid points which bear no relation to fact.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is the nature and extent of the response that the world is opposed to, more than 10,000 children have been killed so far, there's no proportionality between what Hamas did and what Israel is currently doing, and to many it seems like Israel's intent is to completely obliterate Gaza from the face of the map. 

The only casualty figures available from Gaza are issued by the terrorist organisation, Hamas!!!!!    It is utterly ridiculous to believe anything they say!    How many terrorists have been killed??   No figures from Hamas, 'cause it's not in their interest to differentiate between terrorists & civilians.   Is there ANY proof that 10,000 children have died????   Maybe, you should wait until the war is over & then maybe some real truths will come out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Have you ever tried to get from Gaza into Israel? It is up to a 4-hour wait behind a huge fence with heavily armed soldiers. Many Gazan people who work in Israel spend up to 6 or 8 hours a day going back and forth dealing with the security apparatus. 

And was this always so? Or were these measures taken after Hamas took control of the Gaza Strip?

You make it sound as if these measures have no context, no reason. I think you know better.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

I admit I'm not a lawyer but maybe you?

The fact that The Hague is calling it a genocide speaks for itself.

🙏. But I'm not here to convince you or to change your mind. It should be an open discussion without any offensive wording.👍

Jumping the gun.

There was a case brought forth by South Africa.

That's where it stands.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Morch said:

What are you on about?

All those settlements that were attacked on 7/10 were in Israel, not in the Gaza Strip.

There are no Israeli settlements within the Gaza Strip since 2005.

The land these settlements are on is Israeli territory. If you wish to call it 'occupied', then your issues are with Israel's existence - and that puts you way out there.

That puts him with Hamas 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

A few facts to hopefully provide a more intelligent conversation:

• Israel has not occupied any part of Gaza since 2005.  There is no occupation.  Israel forcibly evacuated a small kibbutz there, to remove an irritant.
  • Gaza borders two nations -- Egypt and Israel.  Any criticism of the controls on Gaza have to include Egypt as well.
  • Israel formerly had no controls on entry into Israel from Gaza as recently as around 20 years ago.  This relationship benefitted (nearly) everyone -- thousands of Gazans worked in Israel everyday for good wages, and thousands of Israelis shopped in and visited Gaza.  What changed?
  • Arafat decisively rejected a two state solution as he was offered 98% of the West Bank, not 100% (the 2% of which -- rightly or wrongly -- had major Israeli habitation and there was no way that would change).

Well sometimes they're mistake is wearing white in New York City after Labor Day, and sometimes a mistake is invading Russia without any preparations for an oncoming winter.

There is no doubt that Arafat made a huge mistake by not accepting that two state solution, it was a historic blunder. 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, ChicagoExpat said:

As long as you keep posting lies, I won't "stay away."

As long as you keep justifying mass murder, I'll call you disgusting.

Stop posting offensive communication and you won't get it in return.

Time to take responsibility for what you post online, jihad lover.

Whoa, talk about jingoism. Jihad lover, that's a new one, I've heard Jew hater, I've heard anti-Semitic, but Jihad lover? Wow. Such intellectual creativity and originality, keep it up. 

I get called all kinds of names too as it's really not permissible to be critical of Israeli policy these days. At least without being called a surly and juvenile name. 

• Sad 1