Haiter, is it really bleach ?

Daffy D

So I'm trying to remove some mold from the mastic beading along the back of the sink.

Put on some bleach, cover with some rolled up loo paper add more bleach leave overnight and the mold will be gone. :whistling:

This used to work in Farang land but not here.

I use Haiter, which I have always believed to be bleach, but it does not remove the mold.

Any ideas why Haiter does not work in this case?

Is it actually a bleach and what's the difference with various colored bottles ?

We use the pink bottles if it matters. 

Thanks

:wacko:

12 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

I noticed that they have watered it down to make more profit, call me paranoid, but I noticed the difference just after Covid restrictions were lifted, suffice to say, I believe they did this to recoup the losses during Covid.

Well that's my take on it.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Now you mention it I do seem to remember that we used to use the blue one and yes it did have a bleachy smell.

Don't know when or why we switched to the color one, possibly because of the smell. 

Does seem like the colored bottles have less bleaching power. Tomorrow will try to get rid of the mold using the blue , see what happens.

Cheers. 

• Like 1

Yes.

Good Topic.

I have, for many years, been looking here for CLOROX BLEACH, at a cheap price, just like it is available in North America.

For some reason the Haier Stuff is priced above my means.

What is really inside the pink bottle, I do not know.

I guess it is bleach, but not sure.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Haiter bleach is 6% and 65 baht for 2.5ltr at Makro.

Clorox is 7.5% and US$ 11.73 for 121 OZ at Walmart.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Haiter is 65 baht for 2.5 liter at Makro. If that is above your means then maybe time to go back home.

And yes some people on this forum are paranoid if they think it has been watered down. Blue haiter was 6% Sodium Hypochlorite before covid and is so today.

The pink and yellow version might be less. Bleach is 6% Sodium Hypochlorite, if you want stronger, find a pool shop which sells liquid chlorine, which is 12% Sodium Hypochlorite

OK.

When you are right...you are right....and....I am wrong.

Therefore, thank you for your clarification.

I will continue to buy Haiter, based on your information.

STILL....I think it is too expensive.  WHY?  I think that most people here do not understand that this product should be very cheap, based on cost of production, packaging, shipping, and distribution.

I will not return home, even if I had another home outside Thailand to return to, just because Makro is beyond my means when purchased at more expensive stores.  Instead, I will take your advice and purchase it at Makro.  And, why don't they give us a discount by packaging this product in 4 liter (litre) jugs?  Can you answer me this?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BenStark said:

Haiter bleach is 6% and 65 baht for 2.5ltr at Makro.

Clorox is 7.5% and US$ 11.73 for 121 OZ at Walmart.

Again....

THANK YOU...

THANK YOU....

For pointing this out....!

I feel much better now, after reading your info.

(By the way, about a decade ago, I could buy one gallon of Clorox at Costco in Taipei for about NTD25, or about Bt.25.  I guess the cost of bleach has risen many fold during the past decade...  But, there must be a reason for this...right?)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Daffy D said:

So I'm trying to remove some mold from the mastic beading along the back of the sink.

Put on some bleach, cover with some rolled up loo paper add more bleach leave overnight and the mold will be gone. :whistling:

This used to work in Farang land but not here.

I use Haiter, which I have always believed to be bleach, but it does not remove the mold.

Is it actually a bleach and what's the difference with various colored bottles ?

We use the pink bottles if it matters. 

Thanks

:wacko:

Not as strong white or yellow bottle pink is for color clothes.

I use that method  but here some stains are easy somevor not I neef to use a brush most of time .

• Like 1

Chlorine based bleach is made by bubbling chlorine gas into caustic soda (sodium hydroxide) solution and is sold by Haifer in light blueish green bottles, cheap as anything. Note on the bottle says should be used for white clothes only, The pink one is for coloured clothes so useless for mould. Take care as if reacted with acidic solutions will give off chlorine gas. The strenght depends on percentage of chlorine gas used in the manufacturing process.

14 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

Good Topic.

I have, for many years, been looking here for CLOROX BLEACH, at a cheap price, just like it is available in North America.

What is really inside the pink bottle, I do not know.

I guess it is bleach, but not sure.

You can find CLOROX on Lazada, but its not really cheap. 165 baht for a 2 liter bottle.

13 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I think that most people here do not understand that this product should be very cheap, based on cost of production, packaging, shipping, and distribution.

And then there is the product MARKUP, aka profit margin. Product is not sold from nonprofit organizations.

The price of the product gets higher as it goes up in the supply chain: manufacturer price, distributor price, and retail price.

https://www.ecwid.com/blog/retail-price.html

It's called "capitalism."

Depending on the product there may also be research & development costs prior to manufacturing that requires a profit margin. In some industries such as pharmaceuticals, there may be substantial government licensing costs such as safety and patent costs. 

12 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I have been to Makro.

They do not accept AmEx Card...so...I do not shop there.

I am NOT arguing.

I do NOT care about my post count, and I only care about the quality of my comments.

None of my posts are useless; please just ask other readers who will confirm my opinion regarding this question.

AND, I am very interested in bleach, no matter what the brand.

I suggest Makro is 'Cash & Carry' though it does accept CitiBank.

Amex even in the West will not be accepted by a lot of stores, as their fees are too high.

Edited by LosLobo

20 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Once the black is in the silicone beading you cannot remove it,  You will have to remove the beading and renew. 

Nothing to do with Haiter quality.

11 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

And then there is the product MARKUP, aka profit margin. Product is not sold from nonprofit organizations.

The price of the product gets higher as it goes up in the supply chain: manufacturer price, distributor price, and retail price.

https://www.ecwid.com/blog/retail-price.html

It's called "capitalism."

Depending on the product there may also be research & development costs prior to manufacturing that requires a profit margin. In some industries such as pharmaceuticals, there may be substantial government licensing costs such as safety and patent costs. 

Good to know.

Thank you.

Note: Did you attend The Wharton School, by any chance?

8 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

I suggest Makro is 'Cash & Carry' though it does accept CitiBank.

Amex even in the West will not be accepted by a lot of stores, as their fees are too high.

Yes.

3 percent, I think.

Not exactly sure what percent is charged to the merchant.

Also, very low margin on supermarket grocery sales, as you suggest.

has anyone ever noticed that one of the other brands of bleach, one of the main ones, not sure on name tho, sorry - leaves a blue stain on the porcelain of the toilet and is nigh on impossible to shift?

if the bleach is left for an hour or two, the toilet gets stained!  at least it is blue i guess, not yellow :D