If you don't like it Leave ! Root canal

1 minute ago, stoner said:

going for my crown at 4pm. all total after all my visits it should come in around 15k or so. i can get you a total from the lady when i go if you want. 

Yes thanks

But does that include the root canal ?

Ask her what the approx cost for a root canal plus metallic crown is

,I have no idea what a metallic crown is but that's what they put in the quote for $2,900 / 70,000 thai baht 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes thanks

But does that include the root canal ?

Ask her what the approx cost for a root canal plus metallic crown is

,I have no idea what a metallic crown is but that's what they put in the quote for $2,900 / 70,000 thai baht 

ya today is my final appointment after a number of visits. root canal was a while back. i will let you know later on when its all done. 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, NextG said:

As an implant is from around 40k, what the point of a root canal?

Either way, better to have a one piece ceramic crown than the cheaper metallic version. 

Might have a point ..I never thought of that ,but I will only stay Thailand 4 weeks ,I think a implant will be more time 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Might have a point ..I never thought of that ,but I will only stay Thailand 4 weeks ,I think a implant will be more time 

Implant is costly, takes many visits and the time for the implant pin to graft is about 6 months before any crown can be fitted.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, couchpotato said:

Implant is costly, takes many visits and the time for the implant pin to graft is about 6 months before any crown can be fitted.

My first post above also mentions ceramic crown..metal is not used much these days. Ceramic crown at BPH is 16k.

• Thanks 1

The price quoted to you in Australia is not really that outrageous -- for Australia.

Thailand does provide excellent dentistry at a lower price.

However, remember that there are a few charlatans out there.

So if you have the work performed in Thailand, be sure to use a reputable dentist.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, lom said:

I've had 2 root canal + ceramic crown done by my dentist since 20 years back, 8000 for root canal treatment and 12000 for a crown. BPH is just overly expensive in everything they do.

20,000approx ,is this in Pattaya may I ask ?

23 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

And if things don't go a planned ?

I had a crown done at BumCrap dental clinic.  Without the root canal, and that alone took 1 month, because the 1st didn't fit correctly.  Come back in 2 weeks.  All for nothing as it broke in less than 6 months anyway.   Never sat right, as she didn't do a root canal, and the tooth was impacted, why the 1st didn't sit right, or the 2nd.

Had a root canal done last year, Oct maybe, that took 2 vists / 3 weeks, and return for composite, 1 week later.  So one month, also for a side incisor.

Are you adding the cost of flights and hotels for your possibly 1 month stay ?  Since you're not a big fan of TH, it's not exactly a holiday for you.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

0,000approx ,is this in Pattaya may I ask ?

No, it is in Samui by a dentist who doesn't do dual pricing. I may have got some discount (1000-2000 baht) for being a long time customer but you should not have to pay more than 25000 for the same job anywhere in Thailand.

7 minutes ago, lom said:

I've had 2 root canal + ceramic crown done by my dentist since 20 years back, 8000 for root canal treatment and 12000 for a crown. BPH is just overly expensive in everything they do.

You really believe prices are still the same after 20 years...come on

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

I have put the topic title as I know a lot of you are bored with dental topics but I couldn't careless I'm asking the questions whether you get bored or not 

Please admins, move this to the medical section.

And I don't care if the guy who wrote it is bored with that or not. I couldn't care less. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Duh....You said..."done by my dentist 20 years back"...do you have limited memory

my dentist since 20 years back.. are you dyslectic?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I have put the topic title as I know a lot of you are bored with dental topics but I couldn't careless I'm asking the questions whether you get bored or not 

I have been quoted $2,900 AUD in Australia which is around 70,000 Thai baht for a Root canal includes a metallic crown apparently have no idea what that means but anyway 

I argued with the Australian dentist 

"This is too much ,I'm only a hospital cleaner I shouted 

" I will give you $1000 ( around 23000 Thai baht)

He shouts back " If you don't like it......leave !!!!!

Leave !!! If you don't like it !....leave !

Upper right tooth near the front 3rd from front 

About 3-4 visits approx 

70,000 baht !!!!

How much in Thailand or Cambodia or Philippines?

Well my aybe not Cambodia

Philippines may be a option BUT I'm thinking more Thailand!!!!

I'm thinking of making a trip to save and cancel this Australia dental appointment!

What is your point here? I'm doing up a whole 85sqm of a 5 stars condo in Pattaya with new paint, built in furniture,

new kitchen and much more from less than half of what it would have cost me in Australia which i have a home there too...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

What is your point here? I'm doing up a whole 85sqm of a 5 stars condo in Pattaya with new paint, built in furniture,

new kitchen and much more from less than half of what it would have cost me in Australia which i have a home there too...

Paint it pink ! To make the boys wink !🩷🩷

• Haha 1

Ok all done she took me early.

15k baht for root canal and ceramic crown. Feels pretty good I was a little worried. 

Here is the message from the dentist to my wife...sorry its in thai

สวัสดีคะ  วันนี้หมอรวบยอดทำใส่เดือยและพิมพ์ครอบไปเลยนะคะ เพราะคุณโทมัสบอกว่าอยากให้เสร็จเร็วเพราะจะไปภูเก็ตคะ   เดวครั้งหน้าก็เป็นครั้งสุดท้ายสามารถใส่ครอบได้เลยคะ

หมอขอสรุปรวบยอดเลยนะตะ

รักษาราก7000+เดือย2000+ครอบ6000=15,000

ชำระมาแแล้ว
2000+2600+2600=7200
ดังนั้น จะเหลือที่ต้องชำระอีก7800

คุณpatty สามารถแบ่งชำระ2งวดได้ งวดละ3900
หรือจะชำระหมดเลยก็ได้คะ

เดววันใส่ครอบ หมอขอแจ้งอีกทีนะคะ จะพยายามให้ได้ช้าสุดวันจันทร์คะ  เดวเร่งงานให้นะคะ

และหมอตรวจฟันให้คุณโทมัสอีกครั้ง พบว่าฟันของโทมัสมีผุต้องอุดอีก4ซี่ นะคะ ซีละ700-900บาทคะ 

สะดวกเมื่อไร ก็สามารถนัดอุดได้เลยนะคะ 
จะรอใส่ครอบฟันเสร็จก่อน หรือจะมาอุดระหว่างรอใส่ครอบฟันก็ได้นะคะ 

ขอบพระคุณมากๆๆนะคะ

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

Ok all done she took me early.

15k baht for root canal and ceramic crown. Feels pretty good I was a little worried. 

Here is the message from the dentist to my wife...sorry its in thai

สวัสดีคะ  วันนี้หมอรวบยอดทำใส่เดือยและพิมพ์ครอบไปเลยนะคะ เพราะคุณโทมัสบอกว่าอยากให้เสร็จเร็วเพราะจะไปภูเก็ตคะ   เดวครั้งหน้าก็เป็นครั้งสุดท้ายสามารถใส่ครอบได้เลยคะ

หมอขอสรุปรวบยอดเลยนะตะ

รักษาราก7000+เดือย2000+ครอบ6000=15,000

ชำระมาแแล้ว
2000+2600+2600=7200
ดังนั้น จะเหลือที่ต้องชำระอีก7800

คุณpatty สามารถแบ่งชำระ2งวดได้ งวดละ3900
หรือจะชำระหมดเลยก็ได้คะ

เดววันใส่ครอบ หมอขอแจ้งอีกทีนะคะ จะพยายามให้ได้ช้าสุดวันจันทร์คะ  เดวเร่งงานให้นะคะ

และหมอตรวจฟันให้คุณโทมัสอีกครั้ง พบว่าฟันของโทมัสมีผุต้องอุดอีก4ซี่ นะคะ ซีละ700-900บาทคะ 

สะดวกเมื่อไร ก็สามารถนัดอุดได้เลยนะคะ 
จะรอใส่ครอบฟันเสร็จก่อน หรือจะมาอุดระหว่างรอใส่ครอบฟันก็ได้นะคะ 

ขอบพระคุณมากๆๆนะคะ

If only I could read Thai 😊but I better it was 15k with the crown?? Wow !!! 

Great price !

Bangkok ,??? Isaan ?

Edited by georgegeorgia

If only I could read Thai 😊but I better it was 15k with the crown?? Wow !!! 

Great price !

Bangkok ,??? Isaan ?

Bangkok. 15k all in. Crown was 3900 I believe.

So around 20,000 baht !

Great price,I don't think I have seen I cheaper

How many times did you have to go?

Was it like 2-3 times ?

15k included crown. it was 4 times total. 

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, couchpotato said:

My first post above also mentions ceramic crown..metal is not used much these days. Ceramic crown at BPH is 16k.

Are you sure? Cheaper crowns are ceramic over metal. Better are solid ceramic.