If you don't like it Leave ! Root canal

Eight years ago my GF had three  implants done in a government clinic  @ 40K THB each, totaling  120K THB.    Never once a problem with any of them since day one.     No way was I gong to go the cheaper bridge route and sacrifice the two adjacent healthy  teeth to replace a bad one.

Six years ago at a very modern clinic in Issan I was quoted 9K Baht for a root canal.   The dentist said it would take three visits but to my pleasant surprise at the end of the second visit he said  was finished with the procedure.       I should add the procedure was 100% painless.     

Added to that surprise, the final cost was 7K instead of 9K THB originally quoted.

I posted about a similar treatment before:

It was 25k for everything. It required 2 visits, and they could be in the morning and afternoon on the same day, or on different days, as you prefer. 

On 1/20/2024 at 3:28 PM, JensenZ said:

The dentist needs to dig out the roots - remove them entirely and treat the canal to kill bacteria. This is typically done in 3 sessions. After each session, they place a temporary filling over the canal. They are killing the tooth, although, by the time you need the root canal, the root is probably already dead and festering. The earlier you get to it, the better. If you have a toothache, don't wait.

I lost a molar tooth recently as one of the roots had broken off. RIP

This is done in 1-2 sessions. Very rarely 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 1:11 PM, Kalorymetr said:

This is done in 1-2 sessions. Very rarely 3

If it has 3 roots, it may take 3 visits.  Depends on the infection (if so), the tooth and the dentist.  I had a single root incisor, took 2 visits.  A molar will usually take at least 2 visits, since 2 or 3 roots.

Edited by KhunLA

Normally, you don't haggle with doctors and dentists in first-world countries. Thailand should be much cheaper. What made you think that offering your dentist half would get the work done?  I got an estimate for a crown for 3000 USD in the United States. I got the work done in Colombia for 500 USD.

10 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Normally, you don't haggle with doctors and dentists in first-world countries. Thailand should be much cheaper. What made you think that offering your dentist half would get the work done?  I got an estimate for a crown for 3000 USD in the United States. I got the work done in Colombia for 500 USD.

Good for you 😊

Edited by georgegeorgia

On 2/6/2024 at 6:27 PM, NextG said:

Are you stating that the range of prices in Thailand are identical to the range of prices in the U.K?

NHS root canal and crown etc £400  or private  £700

9 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

NHS root canal and crown etc £400  or private  £700

Seems cheap ???

400 pound is like $800 Australia!

So they want from me in Australia nearly $2800 ,!

Might have to visit the dentist in the UK ! 

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Seems cheap ???

Good luck finding an NHS dentist who's still taking patients on in the UK.

13 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Seems cheap ???

You’d be annoyed that you were misled/misinformed.