Employers have added 14 million jobs

10 hours ago, Trippy said:

Yep, it's funny how people use statistics to prove whatever bias they have, but when you go to the grocery store, or the gas station, reality can't be denied.

That's the horrible thing about math. It doesn't lie. Anecdotes are way better for that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

I noticed the bottom of the list states "Stand up to China & Putin".  Biden has been doing a very good job of that.   Republicans haven't.

Yeah, remember the laughs Romney got when he said Russia was a threat. What was it Obama said, the '80s called and the wanted their policy back or some-such?

I seem to recall Republicans making a little noise back in 2014 when Obama did nothing when Russia invaded Ukraine, but now all of the sudden the left are war hawks.

And what happed to the reset? I thought we were all supposed to be buds now, no?

Reset.png.50147bab0340927c3fa5d64ffba27f9e.png

21 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

That's the horrible thing about math. It doesn't lie. And the math says over 17% inflation since Biden took office.

Anecdotes (like what you linked to) are way better for that.

Education major? 

On 1/21/2024 at 11:43 AM, mikebike said:

Are you aware the aging demographics of the USA makes this inevitable sans immigration? 

My only objection to immigration is how it's being done.  America could tweak immigration policies and attract millions of the best and brightest from around the world.  Scientists, engineers, finance wizards, health care workers, and good hard working blue collar non-criminals.  (But they may vote Republican.)

So instead, we have a wide open southern border with millions of unknown, unvetted people whose first act in the USA is a crime.  What could possibly go wrong?

15 hours ago, impulse said:

My only objection to immigration is how it's being done.  America could tweak immigration policies and attract millions of the best and brightest from around the world.  Scientists, engineers, finance wizards, health care workers, and good hard working blue collar non-criminals.  (But they may vote Republican.)

So instead, we have a wide open southern border with millions of unknown, unvetted people whose first act in the USA is a crime.  What could possibly go wrong?

I agree with your first paragraph.  However neither party is pushing to improve and increase legal immigration, and the Trump party has done such a good job of demonizing immigrants (his base rarely distinguishes between legal and illegal immigrants) that any increase is legal immigration is impossible under current circumstances.

The "unvetted people" you refer to are less likely to commit crimes than the legal residents of the US. 

'Another study, “Does Undocumented Immigration Increase Violent Crime?,” which was published in the journal Criminology in March, looked at the influx of undocumented immigrants into communities in recent decades and concluded, “Increased concentrations of undocumented immigrants are associated with statistically significant decreases in violent crime.”'  https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/is-illegal-immigration-linked-to-more-or-less-crime/

The Republicans

21 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, remember the laughs Romney got when he said Russia was a threat. What was it Obama said, the '80s called and the wanted their policy back or some-such?

I seem to recall Republicans making a little noise back in 2014 when Obama did nothing when Russia invaded Ukraine, but now all of the sudden the left are war hawks.

And what happed to the reset? I thought we were all supposed to be buds now, no?

Reset.png.50147bab0340927c3fa5d64ffba27f9e.png

Do you remember Pres Bush Jr looking into Putin's soul?  Every administration since the fall of the Soviet Union has tried some kind of reset until Biden.  The most appalling one was Trump campaigning on what a great thing it would be for the US to be friends with Russia.  I assume it was in pursuit of that that Trump shared highly classified Russian intel with the Russian ambassador and chose to take Putin's word over his own intelligence service.

Trump is putty in Putin's hands, and much of his base wants to let Russia roll over Ukraine and move on to the next target. 

58 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Do you remember Pres Bush Jr looking into Putin's soul?  Every administration since the fall of the Soviet Union has tried some kind of reset until Biden.  The most appalling one was Trump campaigning on what a great thing it would be for the US to be friends with Russia.  I assume it was in pursuit of that that Trump shared highly classified Russian intel with the Russian ambassador and chose to take Putin's word over his own intelligence service.

Trump is putty in Putin's hands, and much of his base wants to let Russia roll over Ukraine and move on to the next target. 

How many US facilities have been attacked by Iran and or her proxies? What, 150-200 times in the last 90 days? What are we doing about it?

Obama did nothing when Russia moved into Ukraine.  

Remember Obama's hot mike moment?

How many Russian troops were killed in Syria under Trump? 

You're pretty funny. 

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

I agree with your first paragraph.  However neither party is pushing to improve and increase legal immigration, and the Trump party has done such a good job of demonizing immigrants (his base rarely distinguishes between legal and illegal immigrants) that any increase is legal immigration is impossible under current circumstances.

The "unvetted people" you refer to are less likely to commit crimes than the legal residents of the US. 

'Another study, “Does Undocumented Immigration Increase Violent Crime?,” which was published in the journal Criminology in March, looked at the influx of undocumented immigrants into communities in recent decades and concluded, “Increased concentrations of undocumented immigrants are associated with statistically significant decreases in violent crime.”'  https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/is-illegal-immigration-linked-to-more-or-less-crime/

The Republicans

So you think the Biden's open boarder policy is good? 

3 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

How many US facilities have been attacked by Iran and or her proxies? What, 150-200 times in the last 90 days? What are we doing about it?

Obama did nothing when Russia moved into Ukraine.  

Remember Obama's hot mike moment?

How many Russian troops were killed in Syria under Trump? 

You're pretty funny. 

No attacks directly by Iran, several by Iran's proxies, and the US is bombing them. 

Obama responded to the Crimea invasion with economic sanctions.  What would you have preferred he do?  What do you think Trump would have done?  The Republicans are definitely not showing unified resolve against Russia now.

I don't know, how many Russians were killed in Syria under Trump?  Give sources for you claims.

Do you think Trump or any other Republican in the White House would be tougher on Russia/Putin than Biden?

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

No attacks directly by Iran, several by Iran's proxies, and the US is bombing them. 

Obama responded to the Crimea invasion with economic sanctions.  What would you have preferred he do?  What do you think Trump would have done?  The Republicans are definitely not showing unified resolve against Russia now.

I don't know, how many Russians were killed in Syria under Trump?  Give sources for you claims.

Do you think Trump or any other Republican in the White House would be tougher on Russia/Putin than Biden?

"what are we doing about it"  Apparently he doesn't read the news -no surprise.    " Do you think Trump or any other Republican in the White House would be tougher on Russia/Putin than Biden?"   They would be tougher on kneepads.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Trump often bragged about the stock market levels as proof of his managing a strong economy.

Just recently he said he hoped the markets would crash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUzzoHF6ixE

Dow closes above 38,000 for 1st time, setting record high https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtpBXS5R3aI

He is now saying it's because he's going to be reelected.  He is not an economics guy.

12 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Nor is he smart!

Trump’s chief economic adviser Gary Cohn describes Trump as “dumb as sh-t,” explaining that “Trump won’t read anything — not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers; nothing. He gets up halfway through meetings with world leaders because he is bored.”

When one of Trump’s campaign aides tried to educate him about the Constitution, Trump couldn’t focus. “I got as far as the Fourth Amendment,” the aide recalled, "before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head.”

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2024 at 6:22 PM, ozimoron said:

It's really rich blaming national division on libs. There is one ultra racist party and it isn't the dems.

Creating racism is part of the dems playbook. They don't want the Blacks to be free thinkers.

These are Biden's words. God forbid the Blacks think for themselves.

I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain’t black."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-tells-african-americans-you-ain-t-black-if-they-n1212911

17 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Trump’s chief economic adviser Gary Cohn describes Trump as “dumb as sh-t,” explaining that “Trump won’t read anything — not one-page memos, not the brief policy papers; nothing. He gets up halfway through meetings with world leaders because he is bored.”

When one of Trump’s campaign aides tried to educate him about the Constitution, Trump couldn’t focus. “I got as far as the Fourth Amendment,” the aide recalled, "before his finger is pulling down on his lip and his eyes are rolling back in his head.”

Yet Trump is worth what, eight times what Cohn is? 

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Creating racism is part of the dems playbook. They don't want the Blacks to be free thinkers.

These are Biden's words. God forbid the Blacks think for themselves.

I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain’t black."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/biden-tells-african-americans-you-ain-t-black-if-they-n1212911

Well let's  see who doesn't want the "blacks " to vote -is that part of free thinking ,gee what candidate wanted the Central Park 5 executed without a trial .  "Omarosa says Trump is a racist who uses N-word – and claims there is tape to prove it."   Nothing Biden said is false or racist.   Closing down voting precincts in black areas by R legislatures is racist but don't let the truth get in your way.       Hate crimes methinks they are racist.

Nov 16, 2020  The report also shows that hate-motivated murders, largely committed by white supremacists, spiked to their highest number in 28 years