Employers have added 14 million jobs

1 minute ago, Trippy said:

Most of those jobs are just re-hires after the pandemic. Net worth going up is because people's houses exploded in value. But that's just paper wealth, people need to live somewhere. 

Most but 1.2 million  newly added.  It's not paper wealth when they sell it's appreciation.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I think it's most accurate to call you a broadband denialist. When the  data doesn't comport with your biases, that means the data is wrong. You've got nothing.

You mean like they have had to quietly walk back their grand employment announcements just about every month in 2023? 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

You mean like they have had to quietly walk back their grand employment announcements just about every month in 2023? 

The trend is still evident. And that's not a political thing.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, impulse said:

I know what you mean. It's absolutely disgraceful how in 2023 those revisions were for the first 11 months. You should pay special attention to the disgrace in the October figures. Shocking!

image.png.085545e3a0ee3f365ec98a4d7bd56ab5.png

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

And thank you for all the careful research you performed before pasting your claim.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Biden-Three horrific years resulting from a fraudulent, fake presidency. Open Borders, Tens of millions of illegals, Destruction of major cities, Inflation, Corruption, Wars, Debt, a weaponized DOJ, national division & targeting of your political enemies."

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, impulse said:

You mean the trend that says some things are getting back to normal after the Orwellian way the gub'ment handled Covid?  In fairness, that wasn't all Biden.  But the buck stops at his desk. Just like it stopped at Trump's desk before him.

No, the turned that says things are not normal, they are at record levels in a good way. Unemployment, stock markets, etc.

38 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I know what you mean. It's absolutely disgraceful how in 2023 those revisions were for the first 11 months. You should pay special attention to the disgrace in the October figures. Shocking!

image.png.085545e3a0ee3f365ec98a4d7bd56ab5.png

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

And thank you for all the careful research you performed before pasting your claim.

I'm discussing the jobs added reports. They've overstated almost every month in 2023.

I quit paying attention to the unemployment numbers when 300,000 illegals walk in, 200,000 jobs are "created" and yet the unemployment numbers go down.  That must be the new math.

Not to mention the workforce engagement numbers showing more and more people who aren't even looking for a job. I kinda wonder if they're the ones taking advantage of blue cities decriminalizing shoplifting. When you can swipe $500 a day consequence free, who needs a job?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, if the economy continues to improve, employment remaining low, inflation declining, and real wages rising, does the buck stop at Biden's desk for that, too?

Sure. But when you throw $ trillions of tax dollars into the wind, it'll be years before we know if those investments paid out. Or whether it's just smoke, mirrors and buying votes. 

Maybe by the 2028 election, we'll have a clue. But not by November. After November,  we should at least start getting credible numbers from the gub'ment agencies that publish those numbers.  The ones scared to death of another Trump term.

20 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Most but 1.2 million  newly added.  It's not paper wealth when they sell it's appreciation.

yeah but upgrading is difficult cos the other guys house has appreciated too

so nothing gained, mostly lost... or prolle break even, depending on each case 

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Sure. But when you throw $ trillions of tax dollars into the wind, it'll be years before we know if those investments paid out. Or whether it's just smoke, mirrors and buying votes. 

Maybe by the 2028 election, we'll have a clue. But not by November. After November,  we should at least start getting credible numbers from the gub'ment agencies that publish those numbers.  The ones scared to death of another Trump term.

You don't seem to have a problem with the way the Trump administration increased deficit spending. Nor the way they defended it by claiming that increased revenues due to the stimulatory effect of tax cuts meant that that said cuts would pay for themselves. A consistently falsified claim that emerged in the Reagan era.

As for your nonsensical conspiracy theory...well actually I guess that says it all. Pretty much all you ever offer is conspiracy theories. With you there's a definite deficit when it comes to facts and data.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

yeah but upgrading is difficult cos the other guys house has appreciated too

so nothing gained, mostly lost... or prolle break even, depending on each case 

Except that people tend to use their homes as sources for retirement income.  Especially if they need the money. They tend to downsize.

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm discussing the jobs added reports. They've overstated almost every month in 2023.

I quit paying attention to the unemployment numbers when 300,000 illegals walk in, 200,000 jobs are "created" and yet the unemployment numbers go down.  That must be the new math.

Not to mention the workforce engagement numbers showing more and more people who aren't even looking for a job. I kinda wonder if they're the ones taking advantage of blue cities decriminalizing shoplifting. When you can swipe $500 a day consequence free, who needs a job?

More blathering.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Pretty much all you ever offer is conspiracy theories. With you there's a definite deficit when it comes to facts and data.

Lately, they're more akin to spoiler alerts.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

I am a progressive voter  and have voted a couple of times for a Republican voter, but then I grew up. 

At some level things seem to be going well in the US , Cudos Biden, give credit where credit is due.

But in some other ways there are some negatives that it will also be fair to acknowledge. 

Went to the US for the holidays and just came back.  Verry expensive !! I had not been there for three years and I was shocked!!  Went to Win Dixie supermarket, spend $200 and got very little. 

Everyone I talked to was complaining about the high prices everywhere. 

So on that respect a BOO to Biden is also in order. 

But having said this, Biden or anyone  else for that matter would be way better the that idiot trump.  

Yep, it's funny how people use statistics to prove whatever bias they have, but when you go to the grocery store, or the gas station, reality can't be denied.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Trippy said:

Most of those jobs are just re-hires after the pandemic. Net worth going up is because people's houses exploded in value. But that's just paper wealth, people need somewhere to live.

Are you implying that jobs lost during the pandemic were guaranteed to come back? USA's post-pandemic economic recovery has been better than most rich nations.

What in God's name do YOU think the ratio of home ownership to renting is across the entire USA? Hint... There's way more renters. It indicates the rich have gotten richer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan747 said:

Biden-Three horrific years resulting from a fraudulent, fake presidency. Open Borders, Tens of millions of illegals, Destruction of major cities, Inflation, Corruption, Wars, Debt, a weaponized DOJ, national division & targeting of your political enemies."

I am most sad about the destruction of major cities.

Why oh why?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, impulse said:

So is the percentage who are counted because so many have left the labor pool altogether.

Are you aware the aging demographics of the USA makes this inevitable sans immigration? 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

So, if the economy continues to improve, employment remaining low, inflation declining, and real wages rising, does the buck stop at Biden's desk for that, too?

No he's a Democrat   no credit   if he was a Republican he would be hailed as the greatest thing since sliced bread.      When was the last time a Democratic President presided over a recession of his doing?  Curious if the the borders are open why have there been record stops by the border Patrol under Biden???