Laos visa run

Hi  I need to do a visa run to Vientiane for have another 30 days after I extend it

i would like to take my son with me but he did not have a passport and he just go his Thai Id 

i know Thai people can do border pass for 1 or 2 days. But children too ?? 
 I don’t want they ask for her mother or something like that.   Thank you guys 

When I took our son with us to Vientiane, we went as a family and there were no issues with immigration, just mum with her ID card and our boy's birth certificate. They didn't check or want to know if I was the father.

At Thai airports, if the child isn't with their legally recognised parent (in Thailand, the default is the birth mother), the airline needs to see written approval for the kid to fly and that's just on domestic flights. When we flew with the wife's young nephew from BKK, his birth certificate wasn't enough, and we were directed by check-in staff to the RTP station on the arrivals floor where a policeman called the kids father (estranged from the birth mother) and received verbal assurance along with a picture of his ID card, that it was OK for the kid to travel with his Aunt. The cops issued a signed, stamped form which was presented to check-in staff to get the kids boarding pass.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, thai006 said:

Hi  I need to do a visa run to Vientiane for have another 30 days after I extend it

i would like to take my son with me but he did not have a passport and he just go his Thai Id 

i know Thai people can do border pass for 1 or 2 days. But children too ?? 
 I don’t want they ask for her mother or something like that.   Thank you guys 

A few years ago my wife and I took our 2 nieces to Vientiane, one didn't have a passport so my wife took them through the border pass control, took forever and nearly missed the bus we had into Vientiane.

You need to realise it is different exits and I would think that a child would  need to be with an adult and I am assuming you would need to go through passport control. 

It would be safer if you got him a passport, quite quick for Thais.

Ignore what was said about living near the border, we are from Chonburi and no issue getting the border pass.

6 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Border pass can only be obtained if you live near the border and reason to go in and out regularly. Other Thais all need passports. 

Absolutely wrong.

The border pass limits the stay (3 nights?) and the regions that you can travel within Laos. But every Thai citizen can do a border hop/duty free trip etc.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thank you all for the great advice.  Really appreciate. 
one more things. Can I just go and back in the same hour ? Or I need to stay one night in Vientiane ?