Cheap Air Fares To Thailand - Help George!

george

Thaivisa.com is looking for an online provider of low price flight etickets *TO* Thailand. Can you guys recommend a good and reliable (affiliate) website for Air travel *from* your home destination, Europe, US, UK, Australia etc.

Where do you guys get the best prices on the 'net when you are traveling *to* Thailand?

Which Air booking website do you use? URL?

Thanks in advance.

/George

For my most recent flight (yesterday), I booked through one of TV's sponsors, saveflights.com. I think the tickets I bought through that site were about $30 (US) more than I could have gotten through a different site, but I didn't feel like quibbling over $30, and I was getting good (and fast) responses from them.

I usually shop a bunch of different sites, including kayak.com, expedia.ca, cheaptickets.com and the individual airlines themselves. By the time I'm ready to purchase a ticket, I'll have half a dozen note pad pages full of quotes/times and dates.

Many times what looks like a good deal on the front page gets dearer and dearer as you go through the process, adding bits on for credit cards etc, devious swines. I found Opodo beat them all for this Septembers excursion.

Thaivisa.com is looking for an online provider of low price flight etickets *TO* Thailand. Can you guys recommend a good and reliable (affiliate) website for Air travel *from* your home destination, Europe, US, UK, Australia etc.

Where do you guys get the best prices on the 'net when you are traveling *to* Thailand?

Which Air booking website do you use? URL?

Thanks in advance.

/George

When we lived in the UK always used 'westeasttravel' sometime had to say 'come on you can do better that that..in the past I think they used a two tier pricing system..but apparently not now.

In Australia Zuji is almost impossible to beat for on-line prices.

True, as long as you never compare them with Bestflights.com.

OK. I took your challenge and did compare the prices.

I want to fly from Sydney to Bangkok, by British Airways, departing Sydney on 11 Sept. This date is low season for British Airways.

Zuji quoted AUD $790 and Best Flights quoted AUD $2,353. plus taxes.

Now, which quote should I accept? :o

In Australia Zuji is almost impossible to beat for on-line prices.

True, as long as you never compare them with Bestflights.com.

OK. I took your challenge and did compare the prices.

I want to fly from Sydney to Bangkok, by British Airways, departing Sydney on 11 Sept. This date is low season for British Airways.

Zuji quoted AUD $790 and Best Flights quoted AUD $2,353. plus taxes.

Now, which quote should I accept? :o

You're talking about a return flight, but you don't mention the return date :D

So, I'll pick one at random... Dep: 11 Sep, ret: 27 Sep, BA ONLY. (not Qantas & BA right?)

ZUJI:

1 adult = AUD 829.00

Taxes and Surcharges = AUD 325.50

Service Fees = AUD 12.00

Total Price = AUD 1166.50

Bestflights:

Adult Fare 1 $829.00 $829.00

Adult Tax 1 $325.50 $325.50

Best Flights Service Fee $14.95

Total Price (Australian Dollars): $1,169.45

So the difference on this choice is $2.95 and a win to Zuji.

Now I'm flying BNE to BKK on December 26, Returning January 23 in Biz class

Travel.com.au: AUD $3233.34 (total) My ticket provider

ZUJI: AUD $3292.04 (total)

Bestflights: AUD $3,337.79 (total)

Again, just for comparison, I will fly CNS - BKK on Sept 28, RET: Oct 13 on Cathay Pacific, in Economy.

Bestflights: $1580.39 (total)

Travel.com.au: $1601.90 (total)

Zuji: $ 2726.44 (total)

Same flights, same connections...

Wanna guess who I booked with??

Edited by jingjoe

Fair call MM, The online mobs give a good indication of who is flying the route on the days I want, I then go back to the airlines website and double check what price they're offering...

e.g. I'm flying from BKK to AMS in October, Our prefered websites offered EVA economy tickets at over $4k, but on the EVA website I got Eco-Deluxe tickets for a tick over $1400... (which was cheaper than ANY other offer available in plain ol' economy, and a direct flight to boot).

So as you say, it really pays to shop around.

Edited by jingjoe

From Korea, Topas gives 3% off standard airline fares. I can get 7% off the fares through my travel agent who books via the Topas system, but those prices are not available online, only when going direct through the travel agent.

Tourcabin is great in that it pulls up the best prices from all sorts of travel agents, but unfortunately lots of the deals it shows are unavailable once you click on the links. They have a much broader selection, especially on heavily discounted fares, than Topas does.

Both sites are only in Korean (Hangul), so if you can't read Korean you're out of luck. I haven't found any English based travel sites for travel from Korea to Thailand.

Out of interest, I checked a bestflights offering for ICN - BKK vs. THAI Air web site for an economy return on Thai Air (01 Oct - 10 Oct) and got these.

Bestflights: (KRW) 973800 (total inc. all taxes)

Thai Air: (KRW) 544600 (total inc. all taxes)

And then a flight from LAX-BKK vs. EVA Air website for an economy return on EVA Air, same dates...

Bestflights: US$980 (total inc. all taxes)

EVA Air: US$828 (total inc. all taxes)

When I am being a cheap charlie, I check Zuji then check out the discount airlines that don't list on Zuji.

I have ended up flying Tiger Air from Perth. If the saving was less than $75Au I would not have gone with these folk for the hassels of flyingin and out of the "new" low cost terminals, but as I said I am a cheap charlie. :o

Fares flying BNE (Brisbane, Australia) to BKK and return

Depart: Fri 19 October 2007

Return: Sat 03 November 2007

Full price - including all taxes and charges

Jetstar/Tiger $772.20

BA/QANTAS $976.37

China $1,064.17

Singapore $1,134.54

Thai $1,172.61

Malaysian $1,219.37

QANTAS $1,268.00

British $1,298.61

Royal Brunei $1,366.97

Cathay $2,573.94

Prices taken off the various airlines' websites. I always submit prices to Flight Centre who will better these prices.

Peter