Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Suspends 2024 Presidential Campaign, Endorses Donald Trump

Social Media

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This exemplifies the collapse of the Republican party.

Back in the day, the Bush/Cheney team exerted almost total control over the party. Republicans all followed their Leadership, and pronouncements by Bush or Cheney were thought out ahead of time, and then reinforced all down the line by party members.

That rigid command structure was ultimately weakened by the lack of voter confidence in Bush foreign policy, the economy, and Katrina. By 2008, Bush was basically alone, and the party never again had that deference to leadership.

Now Trump just makes it up as he goes, no advance planning, no Team to disseminate the Talking Point of the Day. It's all chaos, and so elections are lost, year after year.

Phew, That is exactly what KellyAnn's husband said yesterday. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Social Media said:

He took a parting shot at Haley, characterizing her as representative of the "old Republican guard of yesteryear" and advocating for a departure from such "warmed-over corporatism."

Careful observation of the front runner, and his policies which are essentially based on racism, hatred of "liberals", and slightly off the wall evangelicism suggest to me that the "old Republican guard of yesteryear" and "warmed-over corporatism" may not be such a bad thing.

Personally I am disturbed, amongst many things, by proposals to put people of a particular ethnic grouping (Latino immigrants, and their families) in camps behind barbed wire.

Bit of a slippery slope I think, there...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Smart move.  He probably sees a VP slot just like Ramaswami.

Trump voice: I'd like to introduce my running mate, Meatball Ron. He needed me to get elected in Florida, and I hate his guts, but I'm gonna make him VP"

Dream on dude. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Trump voice: I'd like to introduce my running mate, Meatball Ron. He needed me to get elected in Florida, and I hate his guts, but I'm gonna make him VP"

Dream on dude. 

I agree. Trump chose Pence because he needed the bible vote. He just miscalculated on Pence's willingness to break the law. Trump still needs the bible vote. Look for him choosing a Trumpian evangelist. Certainly nobody who voted against him. Other than that, he might choose Leonard Leo or anyone he nominates because of the essential fund raising aspect.

2 hours ago, riclag said:

Starting to count my chickens before they hatch ,thats me!

I like for VP 

either Vivek or Sara Huckerbey Sanders

Trump defeats the Marxist choice by 

a landslide . 
imop

Sarah yes, Vivek no. 

If I had my choice, it would be Condi, if for no other reason than to see her debate Kamala...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Careful observation of the front runner, and his policies which are essentially based on racism, hatred of "liberals", and slightly off the wall evangelicism suggest to me that the "old Republican guard of yesteryear" and "warmed-over corporatism" may not be such a bad thing.

Personally I am disturbed, amongst many things, by proposals to put people of a particular ethnic grouping (Latino immigrants, and their families) in camps behind barbed wire.

Bit of a slippery slope I think, there...

Bla bla bla. Only leftists believe this claptrap. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I agree. Trump chose Pence because he needed the bible vote. He just miscalculated on Pence's willingness to break the law. Trump still needs the bible vote. Look for him choosing a Trumpian evangelist. Certainly nobody who voted against him. Other than that, he might choose Leonard Leo or anyone he nominates because of the essential fund raising aspect.

Trump has the bible vote. He needs suburban mothers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nice dodge.

You have provided zero evidence to back up your hogwash assertion.

Do you support Israel in the eradication of Hamas? 

Are you an "anti-Zionist?

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

correction: Nobody who campaigned against him.

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I predict he will choose a woman. Certainly not meatball Ron as some seem to be wetting their pants over. His strategists are smart enough to know what the biggest election issue will be. There are a lot of pissed off women out there. I think they are being massively undercounted. Look at the voting results of attempting to restrict rights even in the reddest states. 

Edited by mikebike

17 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I predict he will choose a woman. Certainly not meatball Ron as some seem to be wetting their pants over. His strategists are smart enough to know what the biggest election issue will be. There are a lot of pissed off women out there. I think they are being massively undercounted. Look at the voting results of attempting to restrict rights even in the reddest states. 

Women are being restricted from having their votes count?

What are you on about?

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Women are being restricted from having their votes count?

What are you on about?

i know right. its like calling trump a fascist. both totally crazy things that are not based on any kind of reality. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Ditto:

Disapproving of Biden’s response to the Israel Hamas war does not equate to “‘support Hamas in their effort to eradicate Israel’.“

You did open and read the article, did you not?  You did see the graph right?

You know the graph which specifies a percentage democrat's overall which indicates that 44% of democrats do not think that the U.S. of A. is not supportive enough of Palestinians.   You know the Palestinians that support hamas by about 80% of the population.

So if you support the Palestinians, who by a large majority, support hamas, then de facto, democrats support hamas!  
Depending on which poll you look at, 
Palestinians support of hamas ranges from 72 - 90%.

(And why did you post the, almost, same response twice?   Why ditto?)

Democrats are divided on US support for Israelis and Palestinians

An AP-NORC poll finds most Democrats who disapprove of Joe Biden's handling of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict want more support for the Palestinians, while fewer approvers agree.

Percent of Democrats who say the U.S. support of the following is...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Tim Scott is my guess.

Very possible.

That's a pick that wouldn't do much to help or hurt him.

Yes some would say he would help a lot with the black vote.

I seriously doubt it.

His skin is black, but

5 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

You did open and read the article, did you not?  You did see the graph right?

You know the graph which specifies a percentage democrat's overall which indicates that 44% of democrats do not think that the U.S. of A. is not supportive enough of Palestinians.   You know the Palestinians that support hamas by about 80% of the population.

So if you support the Palestinians, who by a large majority, support hamas, then de facto, democrats support hamas!  
Depending on which poll you look at, 
Palestinians support of hamas ranges from 72 - 90%.

(And why did you post the, almost, same response twice?   Why ditto?)

Democrats are divided on US support for Israelis and Palestinians

An AP-NORC poll finds most Democrats who disapprove of Joe Biden's handling of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict want more support for the Palestinians, while fewer approvers agree.

Percent of Democrats who say the U.S. support of the following is...

Like everything to do with the conflict, it's more complicated than that.

It's very obvious that the majority of Palestinians definitely do want Israel to end the Jews expelled and/or killed.

But Americans that support Palestine are quite often unaware of that.

So your logic doesn't really hold up. 

8 minutes ago, stoner said:

no he really isn't. the fact you keep repeating this lie on here with no recourse amazes me. 

It's not a lie.

It's my considered opinion.

The “Is Donald Trump a Fascist?” Debate Has Been Ended—by Donald Trump | The Nation

The “Is Donald Trump a Fascist?” Debate Has Been Ended—by Donald Trump

The former president’s rhetoric in a recent speech and on social media veered into openly eliminationist threats.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

your true color showing well with this one. what vile remarks to make. disgusting. 

That's how I see him and I can guarantee to you that's how many blacks see him as well.

VP picks don't need to help get the top elected. They usually don't historically.

Their main job is to be totally loyal (Scott is perfect for that) and not to hurt the ticket.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Like everything to do with the conflict, it's more complicated than that.

It's very obvious that the majority of Palestinians definitely do want Israel to end the Jews expelled and/or killed.

But Americans that support Palestine are quite often unaware of that.

So your logic doesn't really hold up. 

The logic stands.    I did an informal poll of some protestors in Philadelphia PA that were in support of the Palestinian people and asked this very question.  Do you know that support of the Palestinian people is de facto support of hamas. 

Out of about 20-25 protestors only 2 said they did not support hamas the rest of them said they did.   That was before I was threatened with physical violence if I did not leave the area!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

whatever you want. keep making racist comments while calling others racist on a constant basis. the hypocrisy is astounding.

no need to reply to weasel out of it. it is all here for everyone to see. 

• Agree 1