COVID-19 hospital admissions increase 12.9% during the past week

webfact

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This is a classic trope posted by people who don't understand the role of medical examiners.

Tell you what: tell us why you think that someone who is listed as having died from Covid may have died from something else. Then, I will explain to you why you are wrong, and you will learn something.

You keep believing what you read in the papers 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, sidneybear said:

You keep believing what you read in the papers 

I am not concerned about what's in the papers.

You don't seem to know anything about how Covid deaths are recorded, but you want to proudly proclaim your ignorance here.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I have just found out that government hospitals are charging 1000Bt for a covid booster, this covid nonsense will never stop. That just proves my point that the medical profession are using covid as an excuse to line their pockets. 

Regarding COVID vaccines, the government policy all along is that they have been FREE for resident expats -- those with annual or longer visas or extensions of stay. And people should bring and show evidence of their status when they go for a COVID vaccine.

On the flip side, if a person is here visa exempt or on a tourist visa, then their policy has been to charge for the vaccines at government facilities.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

You seem to be referring to the mandated quarantines during the lockdown period.

No question that the government may have made some cash via the process for hotels to be certified for hosting the quarantines.

What's your point?

The process for registering Covid deaths has nothing to do with any of that.

The number of excess deaths during the pandemic exceeded the number of registered Covid deaths, an indicator that Covid deaths were undercounted.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, stats said:

Regarding COVID vaccines, the government policy all along is that they have been FREE for resident expats -- those with annual or longer visas or extensions of stay. And people should bring and show evidence of their status when they go for a COVID vaccine.

On the flip side, if a person is here visa exempt or on a tourist visa, then their policy has been to charge for the vaccines at government facilities.

Go into a government hospital and ask for a covid booster vaccine and see what they tell you.

• Confused 1

COVID-19 infections in Thailand are on the rise, with 718 patients being admitted to hospitals between January 14th and20th. Of these, 11 have died, compared to four a week earlier, according to the Department of Disease Control.

An average of 102 admissions were reported each day during the past week, an increase of 12.9%. Of the 718 admissions, 209 were suffering from serious lung infections and 149 required ventilators.

Unfortunately, the above ThaiPBS World article contains several noteworthy factual errors, as follows:

--The report of 11 new COVID deaths last week is up from 7 the prior week, not 4. Four was the count from two weeks prior.

Dec. 31 to Jan. 6:

Dec31toJan6.thumb.jpg.210e6a3c52793e78c9334071f45eca3b.jpg

Source link:

Jan. 7 - 13:

Jan7-13.thumb.jpg.d2c27ea585938e619648f30e71a3dd6a.jpg

Source link

Jan. 14 - 20:

THWeeklyCOVIDreport2024-01-14to2024-01-20.jpg.67820e1f4b0b243ef00ebec5ec1d2fae.jpg

Source link:

Also, not sure where they're getting their 12.9% increase in hospitalizations calculation from. By my count/math, the increase from 625 new hospitalizations two weeks ago to 718 last week is an increase of 14.9%.

--also, the 11 new reported COVID deaths are not just among the 718 new COVID hospitalizations from last week as the article states, but instead, among the much larger pool of ongoing COVID hospitalizations, which the MOPH does not publicly report a weekly count for.

--Likewise, the counts of serious condition/pneumonia symptom COVID cases and those requiring ventilators are not just among the 718 new COVID hospitalizations from last week, but again, among the larger pool of ongoing COVID hospitalizations.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Any reason for that? You know something we don't?

Yes, the efficacy rates for covid vaccines seem to be falling as the variants multiply, and virtually everybody that I know who has been vaccinated has gotten covid. I know many people who have never been vaccinated, who have never had covid.

I'm just saying there are so many aspects of the covid narrative that need to be questioned. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

The latest scientific data on COVID vaccines continue to show that people who are UP-TO-DATE on their COVID vaccinations (which is defined as having had at least 3 shots, including last year's bivalent booster shot) have lower rates of either being hospitalized from COVID or dying from it... vs. the unvaccinated.

On the other hand, people who had only the original standard two vaccinations or fewer several years ago now -- at this point are said to have much less protection against COVID hospitalization and death... And some studies I've seen suggest that those long ago vaccinated folks at this point are little different than being unvaccinated.

Just like having had a flu vaccine shot two or three years ago is going to do little if anything to protect a person from the current year's (ever mutating) flu virus... Which is why there are newly formulated flu vaccines each year... just like there are periodically reformulated COVID vaccines.

People have to stay current with their vaccinations if they want to have optimal continuing protection. It's not a one (or two) and done deal, in either case.

Screenshot_4.jpg.30e196e8b920f893dcac3be50c4b02db.jpg

https://healthpolicy-watch.news/fda-chief-warns-us-immunity-is-at-risk-as-more-people-decline-vaccinations/

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I'm just saying there are so many aspects of the covid narrative that need to be questioned.

I couldn't agree more with the above statement..its alarming but also illuminating to see how those asking questions have been maligned,ridiculed,censored,de-platformed,de-monetised,de-banked had their character assassinated and careers ruined over the last couple of years.

Starting right at the beginning with "the Great Barrington Declaration"

• Agree 1