90 reporting update for foreigners - Tim Newton Today - Jan 23

webfact

image.jpeg

Thailand news - The Immigration department is upgrading its online 90 day reporting.

In other news, an update to the story of the Burmese man whose body was discovered in a Bangkok apartment freezer, changes to the thresholds for claiming VAT at departure from Thailand, along with the range of items you can claim on. Thai Senators are demanding a joint sitting to grill the PM over some of the government's policies, and another warning about travelling alone in Thailand, and what to do if you have an accident.

Tim Newton Today is a daily take on Thai and regional news and issues of interest to expats and foreign tourists.

I've done my 90-day reporting online for over 3 years without problems. I logged in to the site today to check on any changes. There aren't any changes to the site so I don't know what this is all about.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just pay my local Immigration Department 1,000 baht to send me my 90-day Certificate by mail for the next 12 months. I do that when I get my one-year extension. They've always done that, and I usually get it about a week before the deadline. I know you can do this online now, but I do it this way to ingratiate myself with my local office. I want them to "like" me so they will hopefully give me a "benefit of a doubt" if I screw up and need something fixed. :smile:

• Confused 3

New system as crap as the old, they really need a NATIVE speaker  of English on ALL Thai websites, also it  no longer tells you your NEXT reporting date, you  have to work it out yourself. I was  approved immediately

34 minutes ago, churchill said:

What has changed ?

everything, the old site says it doesnt  know you anymore and you have to re  register, waste of  time badly  done website. same old  same  old.

19 hours ago, garzhe said:

I've done my 90-day reporting online for over 3 years without problems. I logged in to the site today to check on any changes. There aren't any changes to the site so I don't know what this is all about.

Let us hope it remains that way... it has worked pretty well for me for many years, so, if it works, don't fix it! The cynic in me feels they want to make it more 'lucrative'!

17 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

New system as crap as the old, they really need a NATIVE speaker  of English on ALL Thai websites, also it  no longer tells you your NEXT reporting date, you  have to work it out yourself. I was  approved immediately

You get an email about 2 weeks before.

Not that its particularly difficult adding 90 days onto a date!

6 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Is the next date not printed on the Receipt? The one I get from the immigration office has it printed right on it.

5 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Is the next date not printed on the Receipt? The one I get from the immigration office has it printed right on it.

Yes i think so, but this is the online method, which is very easy after you've done it the first time.

...and it states the next date on the email confirmation- i just checked.

Edited by noobexpat
More
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Yes i think so, but this is the online method, which is very easy after you've done it the first time.

...and it states the next date on the email confirmation- i just checked.

I'm interest in what it looks like, I was under the impression that it would be a copy of the same Receipt Confirmation I get at the Immigration Office. They used to rip the bottom part off of the TM47 form and stamp it, but now they have a whole new receipt confirmation printing system that includes a barcode.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, garzhe said:

I just did my 90 report online a few days ago, no problems, no discernable changes. The response was maybe a little quicker.

On 1/24/2024 at 10:07 AM, noobexpat said:

did I say it was  difficult? nah u assumed  it. I said it was a crap system/website with  poor  English.