It seems that this forum has many members who's intellectually challenged

40 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

But it would be nice if posters proof read what they have typed before hitting Submit.

There we go, someone confused by my first sentence. Which bit was confusing please?

Not my emoji but I'd guess that they're reacting to the irony of "proof read", instead of "proofread"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:
39 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

As opposed to starting a thread to show how much smarter one is compared to rest of the knuckle draggers,  The OP deserves all he has received on this one

You should have either gone with a period after draggers, or not capitalized the t in the following the. 

...and you should have placed inverted commas around "t" and your last "the"!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

The problem with the 2 emojis is that it's usually unclear what they mean in any particular case: Does it mean he/she is confused/sad at the content of my message? or at the fact that I said it? Or is it a generalized feeling of sadness & resignation at the state of the world?

It would be much more useful to everyone if the 2 emojis were replaced with signs for "I don't agree' & 'I can't understand a word of what you just said'.

Nah.

Better not to offer any means for these idiots to express themselves.

Just by definition, there is nothing that these people can contribute to the site. (Hopefully, do will not pro-create). :smile:

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

27 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

It's a policy issue, I can see who's posting them where and when and remove them individually but that's all.

Hummmm.

How about simply changing the policy....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Lister said:

Read what admin has said on this subject, in an earlier post.

I cannot find any post here from an 'Admin'.

But whatever this individual has said, it could not be that "It is impossible to change the policy'.....

Ah, where is Anthony Robbins when we need him, and his quotes:

such as: "I like it when you say that something is impossible, and you do it anyway."

27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not my emoji but I'd guess that they're reacting to the irony of "proof read", instead of "proofread"!

In UK it can be either, or even hyphenated. I asked Susie Dent!!!!   555

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

I cannot find any post here from an 'Admin'.

But whatever this individual has said, it could not be that "It is impossible to change the policy'.....

Ah, where is Anthony Robbins when we need him, and his quotes:

such as: "I like it when you say that something is impossible, and you do it anyway."

Sorry, same poster, same topic, different thread, he started two discussions on the same subject. The subject has been frequently discussed and also put to the vote, 50/50, emojis or not. I don't make policy and there is no desire to change it, even if some individuals want it changed. Can please some of the people......you know.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I agree in part .....  as I'm only intellectually challenged after 5.00pm or 6 Chang and G&T's ... whichever precedes first.

Be honest its anytime after 11 am which it always is , somewhere in the world

41 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Just by definition, there is nothing that these people can contribute to the site.

...apart from posts which, by definition, are the only raison d'être of Asean Now!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The Romans had a saying, "Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses".

Loosely translated, it means: "If you had kept your mouth shut, we might have thought you were clever".

I bet that a second after the wise roman who coined the phrase said it, he got the equivalent of confused emoji.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Last but not least, if I want to communicate with intellectuals, then I wouldn't post in this forum. So, if you think that you are so much smarter than all the others, then maybe ask yourself why you post in a forum with all those people who are not as smart as you. Maybe you should try a Mensa member forum or something like that. But maybe they won't let you in.

Perfect.

• Thanks 1