It seems that this forum has many members who's intellectually challenged

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So what should I click if the message has 3 sentences and I understand one of them and the other two are confusing? ;) 

You would have to post an actual reply.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, carlyai said:

Being a bad spellor doesn't mean a person is stupid it means they are a bad spellar.

My first language is not English but Australian so have pitty.

Love it, very witty.

1 minute ago, cdemundo said:

Interesting to learn that correction of English learned in second or third year of elementary school is considered "nit-picking grammar" by some here.  

Problem is that grievous errors in English hurt the ears of those of us who learned a bit at school.

Even hurts the ears when read silently.

I was going to click the I Agree, or Thanks or Love it emoji.. but all three applied, so here's a proper answer. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why?

Does it never happen to you that you listen to someone or read something and you disagree completely? And you know that it would be useless to say or write to that person to change their mind. Then it's easy to just click on sad or maybe confused to show to others that what was written is incorrect.

I.e. with some people and some politicians. People just don't want to listen to facts. There is no point in even trying to explain things to them.

If members are forced to articulate [in a civilised fashion] their differing opinions you'd get an animated debate, which is what a forum like this one should be thriving from. Throwing in negative emoticons just goes against that by spreading sterile bitterness.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, cdemundo said:

Interesting to learn that correction of English learned in second or third year of elementary school is considered "nit-picking grammar" by some here.  

Problem is that grievous errors in English hurt the ears of those of us who learned a bit at school.

You should have paid better attention

Only learning a bit  at school can have negative consequences that can carry through your whole life. 

• Confused 5
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am a New England boy, through and through...

Who and Whom, and when to use each?

This is not so easy, since one is constantly bombarded by improper usage on Social Media...

image.png.72e5ae9aa9028e21889482b271bca0a0.png

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/who-vs-whom-its-not-as-complicated-as-you-might-think/

Yes...

Thank you for the correction!

Sloppy writing is becoming a bad habit of mine which...

Needs correcting...not to mention...

Constant vigilance.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Thumbs Up 1

The forum should either open them up to see who is ranking your post, or do away with them, except tick maybe, someone is always confused at my posts whatever I say, obviously someone I have upset in the past.

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Being a bad spellor doesn't mean a person is stupid it means they are a bad spellar.

My first language is not English but Australian so have pitty.

And the inability to use spell check? OK--just ignorant, perhaps explaining the many confused emjojis. A post based on ignorance is often a confusing post.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Something to be said for that, esp. when you get a lot of likes.

However, most posters are too immature to accept a negative emoji and take it personally. Often leads to emoji stalking--which we still have, but much less. Hence the anonymity is on balance a good thing.

In the OP's case, people just often disagree with his little cynical, stereotypical observations.

I disagree, I want to know the user name behind the emojis .

Im fed up with “Somebody reacted to a post”.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

I disagree, I want to know the user name behind the emojis .

Im fed up with “Somebody reacted to a post”.

Yes, you do. And looks like you gon' stay fed up.

I rather like the reddit system of simple ups and downs. Here, you could filter out the ones getting the most up votes. :) 

Edited by BigStar
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Judging from the many "Confused" emojis that have been showing lately in many posts, i have come to think that many members here

are  bewildered, perplexed and plain Not with it when it comes to  many topics, is this out of spite or just the mental quality of the people

reading posts here, and yeah, i expect tones of those Confused and sad emojis to this post.. don't disappoint me guys...

Judging from the content of this thread , I would say that sad emojis are not the only indication  of the intelligence level of the current clientele of this forum. LOL

17 of them consider it witty to respond with a confused emoji 

Hardy-har-har

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am a New England boy, through and through...

Who and Whom, and when to use each?

This is not so easy, since one is constantly bombarded by improper usage on Social Media...

image.png.72e5ae9aa9028e21889482b271bca0a0.png

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/who-vs-whom-its-not-as-complicated-as-you-might-think/

Yes...

Thank you for the correction!

Sloppy writing is becoming a bad habit of mine which...

Needs correcting...not to mention...

Constant vigilance.

Me to , Im originally from Massachusetts ! You?

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Too often leads to useless time-wasting and endless bickering. No member here has ever changed his mind about anything. What he knows, he knows absolutely. So, if you can't think of a good laugh, or a correction of fact, hit the emoji. 

image.png.0baf3445e899e62fd52ac3d77f0a8a4c.png

And why not just abstain?

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Some people speak more then one language and it is easy to get confused with the grammar

part of it.

How many languages do you speak?

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Judging from the content of this thread , I would say that sad emojis are not the only indication  of the intelligence level of the current clientele of this forum. LOL

17 of them consider it witty to respond with a confused emoji 

Hardy-har-har

Emojis-R-Us!

• Haha 1