It seems that this forum has many members who's intellectually challenged

1 minute ago, Ben Zioner said:

And why not just abstain?

Good point, if the poster hasn't been TOO annoying. Of course, good posts and posters should be encouraged with a positive emoji, so I hit a lot of those. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

Some people speak more then one language and it is easy to get confused with the grammar

part of it.

How many languages do you speak?

If they have mastered several languages they would not be easily confused by grammar would they

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Being a bad spellor doesn't mean a person is stupid it means they are a bad spellar.

My first language is not English but Australian so have pitty.

I have pity on you, in fact I consider most Australians worthy of pity or as we real English  speakers say "pitiful"

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, Poilu said:
54 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The Romans had a saying, "Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses".

Loosely translated, it means: "If you had kept your mouth shut, we might have thought you were clever".

I like Plato's quote: 'Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.'

The onslaught of AN intellectuals has begun!

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Yes, you do. And looks like you gon' stay fed up.

I rather like the reddit system of simple ups and downs. Here, you could filter out the ones getting the most up votes. :) 

I agree 

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I have pity on you, in fact I consider most Australians worthy of pity or as we real English  speakers say "pitiful"

It's a bit strange all the real English speakers have about 30 different accents, ranging from Cockney to Scouse, and many prefer to live in Australia.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Which is useful as nothing needs to be said when on one is in full agreement.

Not always true, I've requested it before.

An emoji that represents someone saying "You're a complete d:post-4641-1156693976:ck for saying it, but goddammit it your're right."

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I use the confuse icon when mentally challenged members ask confusing questions or make confusing remarks. 

And then there of course all the people who just repeat what they saw somewhere but they didn't understand it.

Last but not least, if I want to communicate with intellectuals, then I wouldn't post in this forum. So, if you think that you are so much smarter than all the others, then maybe ask yourself why you post in a forum with all those people who are not as smart as you. Maybe you should try a Mensa member forum or something like that. But maybe they won't let you in.

I was a mensa member for a few months.   Some of the members I met, were people I did not want to meet again. 

59 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I was going to click the I Agree, or Thanks or Love it emoji.. but all three applied, so here's a proper answer. 

When in doubt, go with 'confused'.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I was a mensa member for a few months.   Some of the members I met, were people I did not want to meet again. 

And that's why I personally did not bother joining.  555

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

Interesting to learn that correction of English learned in second or third year of elementary school is considered "nit-picking grammar" by some here.  

Problem is that grievous errors in English hurt the ears of those of us who learned a bit at school.

Even hurts the ears when read silently.

What hurts even more, is going back and reading something that I wrote, when I was in a hurry, and cannot change it, as it was written in ink!   Oh the embarrassment.  
Writing digital is more better satisfaction!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mfd101 said:

The problem with the 2 emojis is that it's usually unclear what they mean in any particular case: Does it mean he/she is confused/sad at the content of my message? or at the fact that I said it? Or is it a generalized feeling of sadness & resignation at the state of the world?

It would be much more useful to everyone if the 2 emojis were replaced with signs for "I don't agree' & 'I can't understand a word of what you just said'.

It might

be wise two attedn

to won's spilling and punctuation\

and Grammer whenn complayning

about other

Posters comprehensile.

30 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

For what reason?

I remember back in the day it was always the same antagonist who would abuse the laugh emoji,to troll !

Thats why Lou.

I want to know who’s trolling me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Judging from the many "Confused" emojis that have been showing lately in many posts, i have come to think that many members here

are  bewildered, perplexed and plain Not with it when it comes to  many topics, is this out of spite or just the mental quality of the people

reading posts here, and yeah, i expect tones of those Confused and sad emojis to this post.. don't disappoint me guys...

Don´t worry, I have contributed with a confused emoji. Thinking, maybe it should have been a sad. I only have two questions for you.

1. Do you really think opening an arrogant and judging thread like this is the correct way to address what is on your mind?
2. Don´t you think starting a topic like this, can make people think it´s you that are intellectually challenged?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2