It seems that this forum has many members who's intellectually challenged

4 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

I’m not sure who’s intellectually challenged here. A few days ago you posted a rather distasteful post in a thread about a woman almost dying from being stung by box jellyfish. You got called out on that, and reacted like an indignant 5-year-old. Judging by your post here, that’s still bothering you and you’re still harping  on about that. My advice: grow a pair and move on, dude. 

He seems to be very serious when the topic is something else. Especially one topic. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I wonder about the confused state of mind of posters who six pages into the topic think they may be the first to notice the grammatical errors in the title.

They were too be busy being "confused"...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

I haven’t read the thread but I just wanted to jump in and inform EVERYONE of the OP’s appalling grammar.

🙄🤣

Yeah guys, do dwell on the grammar issues rather then the the topic itself, still. no one have been able to explain

what a "confused" emoji suppose to indicate, a low level of understanding, wondering minds or just plain not with it all together...

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rwill said:

Who cares what emoji a person uses?  It has nothing to do with their intelligence anyway.  Some probably just think they are being funny.

Disagree! Some use the laugh emojis,to troll . A passive aggressive response to satisfy their dislike for either the poster or their content .

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Judging by emoji responses to your original response - you are correct :biggrin:

image.png.c41faa4ae5cce745974425f07244be9a.png 

59 people out of 69 people are either confused or sad, and another 8 are laughing.

Is their a possibility the two of you need us to explain in simpler terms?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Judging by emoji responses to your original response - you are correct :biggrin:

image.png.c41faa4ae5cce745974425f07244be9a.png 

59 people out of 69 people are either confused or sad, and another 8 are laughing.

I think many members here are giving the confused emojis out of spite or vendetta to other's posts, otherwise what

is there to be confused about a simple and clear post, allow the thumb down emojis to show disagreement, as the confused

one is just annoying and misleading...

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

I'm not going to comment on the topic of this subject as to the intellect of the people who are on this forum.

But I will and can only speak for myself in regards to using the Emoji!

Like now regarding this topic, I've read all 7 pages rare for me!  I read the comments instead of responding to each of them I use the emoji as my response. If I disagree, I would use " Sad " which means I am sad that the poster has such an opinion.

I like everyone disagreed about things when I first was told of this forum I was given a warning if I signed up and participated in many forums about Thailand, the dislike for Americans would come across as general from those who are Brits.  After all these years I'm not convinced totally but...

I will admit and am pretty sure my handle has been mentioned within the moderator's ranks for the improper use of the emoji!  I've been warned and even given several time-outs I even believe the improper use of them is the reason for the policy change.

In the past, I had disagreements but rarely used the emoji but then I noticed a poster using the emoji on my post instead of having a conversation they would use emoji. The moderators are right this is a form of stalking so I tested their consistency in enforcing the policy. Having years of experience being around lawyers and arbitrators I know moderators have a tough job here a number of them are really good some are not isn't that the way the world works?

I had a few who disagreed with me stalk me with emojis, so I went overboard and played their game emoji everything they wrote I read and responded with an emoji as to my feelings. I also wanted to test what these guys are made of can they take the heat in the kitchen couldn't and whined to the moderator as to what I was doing making their job even harder. Warning penalty excepted.

The biggest problem a few people like to believe and say they understand reasonably but the next word out of their mouth despite the bad spelling or grammar understand everything that was written as badly as it might have been but got to do what they do best behind the keyboard.

I guess there is also now a limitation on how many one can use at a given time. Seven pages click click click then you get a polite message :partytime2:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I agree with that - bring back the 'thumbs down' emoji !!

image.png.12924dfeaa9c5f382808e8329562f9c4.png

I think the thumbs down infers some kind of authority which in itself is annoying.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I think the thumbs down infers some kind of authority which in itself is annoying.🤔

Not unless you're a Roman emperor and we're all gladiators...

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 11:19 AM, Yellowtail said:

Let's nitpick spelling and grammar to show how smart we are. 

Nah, let's spell things wrong, or use bad grammar to show how we don't know the correct way.

• Love It 2

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Nah, let's spell things wrong, or use bad grammar to show how we don't know the correct way.

Or, let's not address the issue at hands and concentrate on the lesser issue of correct grammar...

But at least YOU'RE NOT confused...

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why does not at least one party present a smart not too old candidate with good ideas? There must be one or two of them in that big country.

Probably because any "smart" person isn't going to be stupid enough to put themselves up there given the expected media attacks on them and their family and friends.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

...........at HANDS.........?

Yep, that's what you get when dealing with dufuses, plenty of BS but addressing the issue at HANDS...Yes, HANDS... (Not sure about the rest of you but I'm enjoying this tit for tat)...

Edited by ezzra
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Yep, that's what you get when dealing with dufuses, plenty of BS but addressing the issue at HANDS...Yes, HANDS... (Not sure about the rest of you but I'm enjoying this tit for tat)...

In proper English it would be 'The issue at HAND '. Or should this be in the TOSSER thread. 555

OK, Ezzra, no more Tit for Tat. Cheers.   

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Not unless you're a Roman emperor and we're all gladiators...

But Roman emperor's thumbs down did not mean disapproval.  a common misconception for, as the thread title suggests, the intellectually challenged. 

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016/08/03/ancient-rome-thumbs-up-thumbs-down-meant-the-opposite-of-what-many-think/

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I think many members here are giving the confused emojis out of spite or vendetta to other's posts, otherwise what

is there to be confused about a simple and clear post, allow the thumb down emojis to show disagreement, as the confused

one is just annoying and misleading...

Totally agree, without an emoji !

5 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

If the bulk of your 'reactions' are negative, then perhaps have a look at your content. Starting a topic to abuse folk because they don't respond in the manner in which you would like is generally not the best way to go about things... ergo you will typically get it back tenfold.

I have been posting in this forum for many years and believe me when i say that i have seen many, many good and

informative posts given the confused response, hence my thread here, what are you confused about? so i got to think 

that it maybe has to do with a low In IQ of some of the members here and judging by the responses so far, I'm right...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why not?   Posters argue with you!

I agree, it is the posters the make negative remarks about you only because they are hiding behind a keyboard. 

2 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Not so difficult, if I misspell a word it is underlined in red , I simply place the cursor over the word in question, then press the right click button and as if by magic the correct spelling  of the word appears in a menu for me to select.    A child could do it     why can't you?

Great thanks.

Oh brilliant one, how do you do it with your smart phone? No red lines under words.....over.

People don't like being wrong on here. They can't handle it. Insecurities.

Scruffy old expat in real life worked in a car factory fitting rubber grommets - tax, finance, political, cultural, crypto, cuisine expert on AN.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1