Thailand safe for tourists?

Celsius

37 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Likes to spread misery and negativity. Plenty of those folks about.

Since we rarely agree, I took the extra step of quoting you in order to concur, instead of just clicking on an emoji. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, noobexpat said:

Likes to spread misery and negativity. Plenty of those folks about.

And some like to lick boots for a bit of Thai pootang

Plenty of those too

• Sad 3

The roads mostly are not exactly safe. Terrible unsafe drivers.  They most all s

drive the same so they think they are doing it right.  Check the stats they are messed up.  High speed and following too close are the worst.

I have never been the victim of a crime here.  In other countries I have.

• Haha 1

Certainly Thailand is safer than any current democrat led city in the USA - SF, NY, Chicago, Portland must now be new desirable locations for Exit International.

Its a lefty thing - just look at my UK London with its idiot left wing mayor ruling over black gangland murders and stabbings. True Hellhole.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Celsius said:

Thailand safer than London or New York. Hear this nonsense all the time.

...and where is it nonsense? (Or you mean you can't compare cities with a whole country??)

A bit confused this morning ??🥴

18 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I would still walk any street in Bangkok with less concern compared to any street in New York, LA, SF etc.

Agree! 
And don’t forget Sydney! I have friends who live in the west side of Sydney. Good luck walking those streets at night… these days it’s similar to walking the backstreets of Beirut, Palestine, Lagos etc, not a “Smith” or “Jones” left there anymore. 

• Like 2

Put it this way, would you trust the UK cops more than the RTP?

Are the CCTV cameras in the UK more likely to be working than here?

Do the RTP sit and watch CCTV cameras 24/7 buy trained staff? 

Are the CCTV capable of car recognition in Thailand, like the UK?

Are you more likely to get shot or assaulted in the UK or Thailand?

Is it safe to cross a road in Thailand, walk on uneven paths, drive?

Would a taxi in the UK refuse you, or not turn on the meter, and have punch ups/shoot/knife with others.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think that survey is very limited. SE Asia seems to have been ignored. Just western places in the list.

Hong Kong and Singapore

They have to up there in the top. They are very safe cities. I have lived in both

23 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

image.png.400554e2be51d1f7e0f5d9e60101007b.png

image.png.18dfed9d2a22c869940e8957c208f6c7.png

London is a ghetto rife with gangs.  One simply doesn't go out at night.  If you have to you take the car.

New York is an overrated <deleted> hole.  Riddled with drugs and homelessness.  So bad they have to redesign the street furniture so tramps don't sleep on it.  The city that never sleeps.  Everything closes at 4pm and it is like a ghost town at night.  Pretty bad when your city is featured in Grand Theft Auto games.

According to which statistics? reliable accuracy? 

On 1/25/2024 at 11:53 AM, Celsius said:

Thailand safer than London or New York. Hear this nonsense all the time.

Maybe it is if you live in the condo that has its own 7/11 and that is all you do in life.

You shouldn’t be venturing out to rural areas and villages in TH, very scary people with machetes lurking in the rice swamps and difficult to read what’s really going on behind those friendly smiles. Just stay inside the 7/11 attached condo where it’s safe and keep yourself updated on the blaring news cycle.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, novacova said:

You shouldn’t be venturing out to rural areas and villages in TH, very scary people with machetes lurking in the rice swamps and difficult to read what’s really going on behind those friendly smiles. Just stay inside the 7/11 attached condo where it’s safe and keep yourself updated on the blaring news cycle.

Finally someone who gets it without being sarcastic, of course