Thailand safe for tourists?

Celsius

As a general rule, countries that are more familiar to you are always safer, your home country being the safest. The reason being that you know the environment better, know how people will respond and know social cues better.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/25/2024 at 11:53 AM, Celsius said:

Thailand safer than London or New York. Hear this nonsense all the time.

Maybe it is if you live in the condo that has its own 7/11 and that is all you do in life.

Top 10 safest countries for travelers in 2024

Canada

Switzerland

Norway

Ireland

Netherlands

United Kingdom

Portugal

Denmark

Iceland

Australia

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/24/safest-countries-for-travelers-berkshire-hathaway-travel-protection.html

United Kingdom???? Definitely not safe in cities especially after dark and with all these immigrants about.

Edited by NoshowJones
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Celsius said:

Because you lived in ghetto 

No, I didn't--and thank you for taking it upon yourself to independently decide where I lived.  Before moving to Thailand, I actually lived for 35 years in Fairfax County, Virginia, one of the 10 richest counties in the nation.  At one point it was #1.  Fun fact:  Fairfax County was the first county in the nation to have a median household income in 6 figures.   Certainly, Fairfax County was safer than many other places in America but I still feel safer here, comparing both and having lived here for 13 years. 

On 1/25/2024 at 12:43 PM, Chris Daley said:

image.png.400554e2be51d1f7e0f5d9e60101007b.png

image.png.18dfed9d2a22c869940e8957c208f6c7.png

London is a ghetto rife with gangs.  One simply doesn't go out at night.  If you have to you take the car.

New York is an overrated <deleted> hole.  Riddled with drugs and homelessness.  So bad they have to redesign the street furniture so tramps don't sleep on it.  The city that never sleeps.  Everything closes at 4pm and it is like a ghost town at night.  Pretty bad when your city is featured in Grand Theft Auto games.

Crack demolished New York in the 1980’s

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Nemises said:

Agree! 
And don’t forget Sydney! I have friends who live in the west side of Sydney. Good luck walking those streets at night… these days it’s similar to walking the backstreets of Beirut, Palestine, Lagos etc, not a “Smith” or “Jones” left there anymore. 

Well, I live in Australia as well but not in Sydney I live in the west I have never seen a crime committed, wester Sydney is notorious for crime because of the high concentration of immigrants from Arabic countries and Australian Indigenous people.

2024? Not Europe. Sweden wants to join NATO now, as it expect an attack from Russia.

A high ranked militair said people need to buy a flashlight, batteries and LW radio in case of !

So is this a real (?) warning or just war propaganda?

Of course about all ammunition and fire arms are already given away, so easy path for Russia?

For 2024 better forget Europe?! 

Edited by xtrnuno41

20 hours ago, novacova said:

You shouldn’t be venturing out to rural areas and villages in TH, very scary people with machetes lurking in the rice swamps and difficult to read what’s really going on behind those friendly smiles. Just stay inside the 7/11 attached condo where it’s safe and keep yourself updated on the blaring news cycle.

Yeah, but, what if the attached 7/11 runs out of microwave spagetti?   Then what?