Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

14 minutes ago, Morch said:

There are Zionists who hold different views, though. Your nonsense definition paints this group as if it was the only representative of Zionism.

Yes, it is my "nonsense" definition and the definition of the Encyclopedia Britannica:

"Zionism, Jewish nationalist movement that has had as its goal the creation and support of a Jewish national state in Palestine,..."

Zionism | Definition, History, Examples, & Facts | Britannica

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

Yes, it is my "nonsense" definition and the definition of the Encyclopedia Britannica:

"Zionism, Jewish nationalist movement that has had as its goal the creation and support of a Jewish national state in Palestine,..."

Yawn. The definition doesn't imply all Zionists belong to the group depicted in the news clip.

You keep ignoring facts. Are you going to deny that there are Zionists who oppose this group, now?

• Like 1

Would all the gentlemen in this thread stop their back and front arguments and bickering trying to convince the

others of their point of view?It's clear to see that it is NOT working and you're all wasting your time and making a

mockery of the subject, so agree to NOT AGREE and move on to another day another topic... 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

The Zionists have always worked to prevent any Palestinian state and largely have themselves to blame for this war. They are extremist, nationalist fascists. Nothing more. Oh , and religious zealots.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The Zionists have always worked to prevent any Palestinian state and largely have themselves to blame for this war. They are extremist, nationalist fascists. Nothing more. Oh , and religious zealots.

@ozimoron

More like your kind of trademark ignorant strong comments.

There are pro-peace Zionists. Not all Zionists are religious. Not all religious Zionists are zealots. Not all Zionists are extremist and so on.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

As for blaming the war on Israel - tell me again how you're not white-washing Hamas, how you're not a Hamas fanboy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Would all the gentlemen in this thread stop their back and front arguments and bickering trying to convince the

others of their point of view?It's clear to see that it is NOT working and you're all wasting your time and making a

mockery of the subject, so agree to NOT AGREE and move on to another day another topic... 

You don't have to read the topic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

You don't have to read the topic.

Even though you're Israel advocate you're  treading water here with the same futile arguments over and over

that falls on deaf ears there...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

And they don't mention that non Jews cannot live in Israel 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Even though you're Israel advocate you're  treading water here with the same futile arguments over and over

that falls on deaf ears there...

What's it to you? If you don't want to read the topic, it's easy to do so.

I think I've said before - it's not necessarily about changing the other team's minds.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

How do you work that one out? You don't have to be Jewish to be a Zionist, Biden classifies himself as a Zionist, he is all for a 2 state solution. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

What's it to you? If you don't want to read the topic, it's easy to do so.

I think I've said before - it's not necessarily about changing the other team's minds.

What's it to you me? half of the post here are your and now you're picking a fight with me ?

and if it's not changing the other team's minds, what are you on about than? as you have

repeated the same mantra over and over again and It's annoying already...

Edited by ezzra
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, ezzra said:

What's it to you me? half of the post here are your and now you're picking a fight with me ?

and if it's not changing the other team's minds, what are you on about than? as you have

repeated the same mantra over and over again and It's annoying already...

I'm not 'picking a fight with you' I'm replying to you post.

Yes, it's not about necessarily about changing the other team's minds - other people read this as well, I think.

Further, nothing wrong with countering lies, propaganda and outright nonsense or trolling.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

I'm not 'picking a fight with you' I'm replying to you post.

Yes, it's not about necessarily about changing the other team's minds - other people read this as well, I think.

Further, nothing wrong with countering lies, propaganda and outright nonsense or trolling.

Yes, but how many times can you repeat the same facts over and over again where clearly the other side will not

be convinced no matter what you say, this should have been apparent to you many pages ago, 

but if derive a satisfaction out banging your head against a brick wall, go ahead and enjoy...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2024 at 8:44 AM, Morch said:

Yawn. The definition doesn't imply all Zionists belong to the group depicted in the news clip.

You keep ignoring facts. Are you going to deny that there are Zionists who oppose this group, now?

On 2/1/2024 at 8:44 AM, Morch said:
On 2/1/2024 at 8:42 AM, WDSmart said:

@Morch

How about this? I admit that this definition does not specify HOW the Zionists want to achieve their goal. Some might not approve of using force to do this. Some might prefer buying the land or relying on the UN or their "God" to make this magically happen. But some, you'll have to admit, are more than willing to use force to accomplish this goal. I think that is the majority of Zionists, and I think most Zionists approve of force when they deem it necessary.

Those, that sub-group of Zionists that are willing to use force, are the ones I refer to when I use the term "Zionists."  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

@ezzra, I am willing to agree to this. But, just like the discussions between Hamas and the Zionists, "it takes two to tango." So,  I won't agree to this "unconditionally," but I will stop if the other "gentlemen" who engage with me in this stop.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

And they don't mention that non Jews cannot live in Israel 

Yes, and that's the way it should be. But, ever since the UN declared the state of Israel, the percentage of non-Jews has been reduced by restrictions, relocation into specific areas, and force.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

How do you work that one out? You don't have to be Jewish to be a Zionist, Biden classifies himself as a Zionist, he is all for a 2 state solution. 

My idea of what a Zionist wants is NOT a two-state solution. It's a one-state solution, such as Israel has been becoming over the years, mostly by the use of force.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, WDSmart said:

My idea of what a Zionist wants is NOT a two-state solution. It's a one-state solution, such as Israel has been becoming over the years, mostly by the use of force.

Like I care what your idea of a zionist is. I've already read it numerous times, your definitions are endless. This topic is not about you and your interpretations of a zionist

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Like I care what your idea of a zionist is. I've already read it numerous times, your definitions are endless. This topic is not about you and your interpretations of a zionist

I know you don't care about my ideas, but my definitions are not endless. They are succinct and have not changed not only as I use them in this Topic, but as I've used them for many, many years. 

This topic is indeed about Zionist - Zionist activities. That is exactly what South Africa claimed in it's case presented to the ICJ. Isn't that case what this Topic is about? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, WDSmart said:

That's funny. 'nonsense' means the troll doesn't agree and can't have a grown up debate. 

• Sad 2

56 minutes ago, WDSmart said:
5 hours ago, ezzra said:

@ezzra, I am willing to agree to this. But, just like the discussions between Hamas and the Zionists, "it takes two to tango." So,  I won't agree to this "unconditionally," but I will stop if the other "gentlemen" who engage with me in this stop.

@ezzra, On second thought, I will agree to this unconditionally...at least for a while, for the rest of today. Maybe it will calm things down enough to allow more topic-oriented posts and comments. 

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yes, but how many times can you repeat the same facts over and over again where clearly the other side will not

be convinced no matter what you say, this should have been apparent to you many pages ago, 

but if derive a satisfaction out banging your head against a brick wall, go ahead and enjoy...

Again, what is it to you?

I have explained the rationale, you obviously failed to either read or comprehend.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, WDSmart said:

How about this? I admit that this definition does not specify HOW the Zionists want to achieve their goal. Some might not approve of using force to do this. Some might prefer buying the land or relying on the UN or their "God" to make this magically happen. But some, you'll have to admit, are more than willing to use force to accomplish this goal. I think that is the majority of Zionists, and I think most Zionists approve of force when they deem it necessary.

Those, that sub-group of Zionists that are willing to use force, are the ones I refer to when I use the term "Zionists."  

I'm not making any nonsense 'deals' with you. You cannot back up your claims, you cannot address facts, or even direct simple questions, you cannot clearly explain gaps between your 'opinions' and 'reality'. What you posted above doesn't have much to do with anything, it's just your own 'opinions' laid out in a different manner - still rubbish.

You have no idea about what you're posting about. You cannot even define these supposed groups you pretend to 'describe', you do not know their names, leaders, policies or anything. You're just making things up.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, and that's the way it should be. But, ever since the UN declared the state of Israel, the percentage of non-Jews has been reduced by restrictions, relocation into specific areas, and force.

That would be you misrepresenting facts. There was the Nakba, back in 1948 - which indeed involved displacement of Arabs/Palestinians/whatever from the area designated as the Jewish State, and and further. After that? Nothing on par. Not within Israel. So that 'ever since' bit? That's not true.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Your 'idea' is wrong. There are Zionists who are for a two-state solution. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Even the example cited (ie Biden) goes against your nonsense 'opinions'.

Edited by Morch
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

I know you don't care about my ideas, but my definitions are not endless. They are succinct and have not changed not only as I use them in this Topic, but as I've used them for many, many years. 

This topic is indeed about Zionist - Zionist activities. That is exactly what South Africa claimed in it's case presented to the ICJ. Isn't that case what this Topic is about? 

All it shows is that you've been wrong for many  years.

The topic is about Israel. You're the one insisting on make it about 'Zionist'.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Jews are allowed to go and live in Israel , whilst other Religions  cannot .

Israel can decide for itself who can live in Israel .

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Morch said:

@ozimoron

Expecting Sinn Fein not to automatically embrace the Palestinian narrative is a choice.

You're obviously not very familiar with their positions.

Are you winning yet? bring more arguments and facts, maybe those you'r arguing with will relent to dislike palestinians

and be on Israel side.. Maybe...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Jews are allowed to go and live in Israel , whilst other Religions  cannot .

Israel can decide for itself who can live in Israel .

Such silly comments should be backed up by a link/source or official statement,

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2022 was 73.6% Jewish, 18.1% (1.7 million) Muslim, 1.9% Christian, and 1.6% Druze. The remaining 4.8% included faiths such as Samaritanism and Baháʼí, as well as "religiously unclassified"...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1