Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

12 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I'd try to "convince" the Palestinians to accept a two-state solution by offering them a fair and equitable share of the land.

Read my Proposed Two-State Solution in the link below:

Rung & Bill: Israel/Palestine Proposed Resolution (billsmart.com)

They don't want  fair share though, they want it all .

The only thing that they would accept is having all the land to themselves 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I'd try to "convince" the Palestinians to accept a two-state solution by offering them a fair and equitable share of the land.

Read my Proposed Two-State Solution in the link below:

Rung & Bill: Israel/Palestine Proposed Resolution (billsmart.com)

October 1998, five years after the Oslo Accords were signed and final status negotiations were supposed to take place, Netanyahu and Arafat concluded the Wye River Memorandum.

Under this agreement, Israel was to continue a partial withdrawal from the West Bank while the PA was to implement a crackdown on Palestinian violence.

The agreement was suspended the following month, however, after opposition in Netanyahu’s coalition threatened a vote of no confidence in the Knesset, Israel’s legislative body

https://www.britannica.com/topic/two-state-solution

• Agree 1

Clearly a 2 state solution must include the right of return of the refugees in Lebanon. After all, the right of return was why Jews wanted a homeland in Israel. It seems churlish that they should reject a Palestinian right of return now.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Any admissions of a history before October 7th is to release the kraken - the matter of a Palestinian state or lack thereof - and the steps taken to prevent a Palestinian state - and the the refugees - and the settlements.

@ozimoron

Nah, just you making up stuff about other posters. You guys do your best to go off topic on each and every one posted. For you, it's lets-talk-about-anything, preferably Israel, but not about Hamas, not about 7/10.

Edited by Morch
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, I can directly link Oct 7 to what's happening now. I think the IDF has gone overboard with their response, but I do know there is a direct link to Oct 7.  But, again, I say this is just another crisis, a very horrible one, in a series of exchanges that have gone on for a long, long time.

All of your wannabe 'pro-palestinian' supporters whine about the IDF. Not so much about Hamas, but that's how you are. The point is, all this whining - and not much by way of realistic views as to how things should have been handled.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

That's not an "excuse" because I am not justifying the Oct 7 attack. I'm just saying AGAIN! that it did not happen in a vacuum. It did not "come out of a clear, blue sky." Or however you want to phrase it.

You go and on about Israel, the IDF and what not. Your comment about 7/10? That's it's not in a vacuum. Apparently, in your mind, the Israeli response is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Not one of the usual suspects agrees that Palestinians should have their own country. Not one. Zionists one and all.

@ozimoron

You lie.

I have posted numerous times, on these discussions and past time, that they ought to.

And Zionists does not equate with objecting-to-a-Palestinain-State. This is just you putting your ignorance on display.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The solution is to build a wall around Gaza and for Israel to control the borders and stop any weapons entering into Gaza

Didn't really work out, did it?

Of relevance to OP

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/civil-servants-from-us-eu-pen-anonymous-letter-decrying-support-for-israeli-op-in-gaza/

The letter, which The New York Times says has over 800 supporters, complains that concerns the officials privately expressed “were overruled by political and ideological considerations” and they therefore “are obliged to do everything in our power on behalf of our countries and ourselves to not be complicit in one of the worst human catastrophes of this century.”

The missive goes on to accuse Israel of showing “no boundaries in its military operations in Gaza” and ignoring “all important counterterrorism expertise gained since 9/11.”

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Maybe that might not happen if their adversary were not armed to the teeth by the US?

@ozimoron

Maybe you'd like Hamas's next attack to be more successful.

Maybe it irks you that Western countries aren't Hamas supporters.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, I agree! I have always agreed! What I have been also saying, though, is the militant factions in Israel (I refer to them as "Zionists") want the same thing! They want all of this land and want to push the Palestinians out. 

What is there about that statement that you either don't understand or don't agree with?

Other than in your imagination Zionists does not mean militants.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Clearly a 2 state solution must include the right of return of the refugees in Lebanon. After all, the right of return was why Jews wanted a homeland in Israel. It seems churlish that they should reject a Palestinian right of return now.

@ozimoron

Clearly how? And why specifically Lebanon?

It is only a thing if one wishes to reach no agreement, ever.

You can't have a two-state solution, and try to snick in a one-state solution at the same time.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Of relevance to OP

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/civil-servants-from-us-eu-pen-anonymous-letter-decrying-support-for-israeli-op-in-gaza/

The letter, which The New York Times says has over 800 supporters, complains that concerns the officials privately expressed “were overruled by political and ideological considerations” and they therefore “are obliged to do everything in our power on behalf of our countries and ourselves to not be complicit in one of the worst human catastrophes of this century.”

The missive goes on to accuse Israel of showing “no boundaries in its military operations in Gaza” and ignoring “all important counterterrorism expertise gained since 9/11.”

800 out of how many? Of which rank? Of which departments?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

The reported spit between Hamas leaders over the hostage deal: is it a ruse to get one over the Israelis or are there genuine differences between Sinwar, hiding in his Gazan bunker, and Haniyeh, living in a luxury Doha hotel?  Fmr Shin Bet officer Amit Assa, @ShekDaniel discuss

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Of relevance to OP

Quite a big claim about it being one of the worst catastrophes this century 

Not even in the same league as the Yemen war (400 000 dead) and the Myanmar war with 800 000 refugees fleeing abroad 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

New York Times goes big on a story about how all of 80 unidentified, anonymous and therefore unverifiable employees of the United States government, which employs millions, supposedly signed a protest letter about Gaza along with 700+ from the EU

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Quite a big claim about it being one of the worst catastrophes this century 

Not even in the same league as the Yemen war (400 000 dead) and the Myanmar war with 800 000 refugees fleeing abroad 

When are you going to get that you can maybe control some governments, press and most of social media but controlling the rest of Humanity, not possible.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

30 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could you state whom "you" is/are ?

Who do you mean when you say "you"

I have a feeling that you meant *Jews* .

Surely you cannot mean that

Can you ?

Missed the chance to edit, to busy watching the London rally for the Ceasefire in Gaza. That's better for you, I hope.

When are Zionist Israeli's going to get that you can maybe control some governments, press and most of social media but controlling the rest of Humanity, not possible.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

7 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

When are you going to get that you can maybe control some governments, press and most of social media but controlling the rest of Humanity, not possible.

Oh, look - the outed antisemite is at it again.

6 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Missed the chance to edit, to busy watching the London rally for the Ceasefire in Gaza. That's better for you, I hope.

When are Zionist Israeli's going to get that you can maybe control some governments, press and most of social media but controlling the rest of Humanity, not possible.

Blame them nefarious 'Zionists' for distracting you from editing and covering the evidence, easy. 

You've already posted pretty much the same, on past topics, with 'Jews'. Not fooling anyone.

3 hours ago, mooping20Baht said:

probably because use of the "J" word, results in reflective slander of being an "anti-semite", when are probably anti-genocide, and anti-settler colonialism.  And its exhausting talking to the ilk.

Probably how? Jeff here already made his views known in the past.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Morch said:

Hamas could have

(a) not carry out the attack

(b) negotiate for the release of the hostages, with acceptable terms

(c) surrender

(d) accept a deal in which Hamas's leaders in Gaza are exiled

All of these options were discussed on media and on this forum.

Whether you're not aware of them (after insisting you follow events) or just trolling - don't know, don't care.

Hamas leadership said the civilians are 'necessary casualties', not Hamas men. Hamas men enjoy protection and supplies the civilians do not get. Any other nonsense you're having difficulties with?

All your points above, except (b), are either impossible (a) or would be unacceptable to Hamas. I know they were discussed on the media and on this forum. I just think they will not be willingly accepted by Hamas.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1