Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Do you think that aid waiting for the UN to pick up for 3 days after its been cleared by Israel is disgraceful?

UN still complaining of starvation?

Israel is facilitating aid into Gaza quicker than the UN can distribute it. This is the content of 500 trucks on Gaza’s side of Kerem Shalom, AFTER Israeli inspection, waiting to be picked up by @UN agencies. 

It’s day 3 that aid is waiting for the @UN to collect it.

Israel slams UN on aid to Gaza, says it needs to ‘scale up operations’

The Defense Ministry’s liaison unit to the Palestinians chastised the United Nations on Thursday for not keeping up with humanitarian aid operations in the Gaza Strip.

Since the beginning of the war, aid groups have charged that they are not receiving enough supplies to keep up with the demands of Gazans in the embattled enclave.

But the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) posted photos on X of what it said is “the content of 500 trucks of humanitarian aid on the Gazan side of Kerem Shalom, AFTER Israeli inspection, waiting to be picked up and distributed by UN orgs.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-slams-un-on-aid-to-gaza-says-it-needs-to-scale-up-operations

image.png.4881ff584eb42b8fb55857f79b5aaa30.png

Propaganda lies. No human being imagines that ther eis that much aid just waiting to be collected and distributed without impediment. There will be other reasons, like lack of fuel or safety preventing distribution if this is even remotely true.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20240219-israeli-protesters-block-aid-convoys-bound-for-gaza

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Brazil's Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva said Israel's military campaign was between a "highly prepared

army and women and children".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-68332821

Most if not all the people in Gaza either are Hamas terrorist or aiding, abating

and harbouring terrorists, in hospitals, schools and masques thus making everyone a legitimate 

target and the more of them to be sent to meet Allah in their paradise with 72 virgins

the better...

(Muslim men that die waging jihad against the enemies of Islam will be rewarded by Allah in heaven (jannah) as martyrs (shuhada) and receive seventy-two virgins to enjoy in blissful ecstasy.)

Here's another one who apparently wants to see Hamas wiped out if they don't surrender, regardless of the cost of civilian lives. An utterly reprehensible and disgusting comment.

No doubt cheering on the bombing of Rafah.

Edited by ozimoron

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Propaganda lies. No human being imagines that ther eis that much aid just waiting to be collected and distributed without impediment. There will be other reasons, like lack of fuel or safety preventing distribution if this is even remotely true.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20240219-israeli-protesters-block-aid-convoys-bound-for-gaza

A credible link to those other reasons, you know rather than your unsubstantiated claims that its lies and propaganda? 

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Here's another one who apparently wants to see Hamas wiped out if they don't surrender, regardless of the cost of civilian lives. An utterly reprehensible and disgusting comment.

No doubt cheering on the bombing of Rafah.

You keep feeling sorry for the 'poor Palestinians' who are poor out of choice by supporting Hamas,

who in their right minds will keep supporting a losing battle and ten of thousands of dead and for what?

to win a Pyrrhic victory? If one can only separate between  the terrorists and general public, but what you do when the

general public IS HAMAS and Hamas supporters?...

• Like 1

Just now, ezzra said:

You keep feeling sorry for the 'poor Palestinians' who are poor out of choice by supporting Hamas,

who in their right minds will keep supporting a losing battle and ten of thousands of dead and for what?

to win a Pyrrhic victory? If one can only separate between  the terrorists and general public, but what you do when the

general public IS HAMAS and Hamas supporters?...

My reasoning is that Hamas will not surrender and will kill every hostage before the last Hamas member dies. Regardless of how horrific Hamas is the issue facing Israel is whether they are prepared to kill as many civilians as they need to in order to defeat Hamas, if that can even be done. I do not support Hamas despite your filthy accusations but I do object to genocide.

You're using insults and this is not acceptable, in your post you come across as Hamas supporter and accreditor,

otherwise what are your points that you're trying to make? but first learn to control your anger and chose better

words to express yourself...

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

You're using insults and this is not acceptable, in your post you come across as Hamas supporter and accreditor,

otherwise what are your points that you're trying to make? but first learn to control your anger and chose better

words to express yourself...

You accused me directly of being a Hamas supporter. Regardless of what you personally consider are my true feelings, you are required by decency and the rules to not accuse me of being a terrorist supporter.

Furthermore, you are wrong. Consider this:. I'm, a wasp oz born citizen who grew up on a small town in the north of Australia and the only muslim I know is a muslim because he had to become one to marry an Indonesian girl and maintain a house on lombok. How on god's earth I'm supposed to be a terrorist supporter of a middle eastern group I don't know, I've never been west of Nepal.

You are simply projecting in the most insulting manner you can manage because you don't like what I say. Cut it out now.

Edited by ozimoron

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

My reasoning is that Hamas will not surrender and will kill every hostage before the last Hamas member dies. Regardless of how horrific Hamas is the issue facing Israel is whether they are prepared to kill as many civilians as they need to in order to defeat Hamas, if that can even be done. I do not support Hamas despite your filthy accusations but I do object to genocide.

Absolutely agree! What would a Hamas soldier have to look forward to? Life imprisonment in an Israeli jail. Netanyahu will not stop until; 1) Hamas surrenders 2) Hostages are released 3) Palestinians hand over the Hamas leaders who orchestrated the 7th October strike. Israel doesn't do deals with what they term 'terrorists'. The Israeli hostages will die either way.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You accused me directly of being a Hamas supporter. Regardless of what you personally consider are my true feelings, you are required by decency and the rules to not accuse me of being a terrorist supporter.

Furthermore, you are wrong. Consider this:. I'm, a wasp oz born citizen who grew up on a small town in the north of Australia and the only muslim I know is a muslim because he had to become one to marry an Indonesian girl and maintain a house on lombok. How on god's earth I'm supposed to be a terrorist supporter of a middle eastern group I don't know, I've never been west of Nepal.

You are simply projecting in the most insulting manner you can manage because you don't like what I say. Cut it out now.

You constant babbling about Hamas and the poor Palestinians makes one think you're a supporter of them,

mind you, you don't have to know a palestinian to be a jew/Israel hater, lord knows there are millions

of them who wouldn't know to pinpoint where Gaza or Israel are on a map let alone know anything about the conflict

other than deep seeded hate and loathing for jews and Israel.. so let's sums it up now, you're not a Hamas supporter

and so i accept your words for it...

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

You constant babbling about Hamas and the poor Palestinians makes one think you're a supporter of them,

mind you, you don't have to know a palestinian to be a jew/Israel hater, lord knows there are millions

of them who wouldn't know to pinpoint where Gaza or Israel are on a map let alone know anything about the conflict

other than deep seeded hate and loathing for jews and Israel.. so let's sums it up now, you're not a Hamas supporter

and so i accept your words for it...

I have repeatedly condemned Hamas. Thanks for the acknowledgement. I think things would be far more productive and far more civil if we all agree to avoid the mud slinging. Only the most fervent supporter of either side would not accept that blame, and a lot of it, lies with both sides. It's my hope that people would be more willing to debate the actual issues.

Looking for a compromise is the only solution and that's what the world wants. The religious nutcases on both sides might want to fight to the last enemy but that's not what the world thinks.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Demanding the total annihilation of ones enemy is a very "biblical" social attitude. Imagine if the Allies had demanded the total annihilation of the German military because of the holocaust. No matter how horrific the injury, the solution is not genocide.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I have repeatedly condemned Hamas. Thanks for the acknowledgement. I think things would be far more productive and far more civil if we all agree to avoid the mud slinging. Only the most fervent supporter of either side would not accept that blame, and a lot of it, lies with both sides. It's my hope that people would be more willing to debate the actual issues.

Looking for a compromise is the only solution and that's what the world wants. The religious nutcases on both sides might want to fight to the last enemy but that's not what the world thinks.

"Looking for a compromise is the only solution and that's what the world wants. The religious nutcases on both sides might want to fight to the last enemy but that's not what the world thinks."

Who appointed you the worlds spokesperson? 

1. Did you note what the ICJ ordered the terrorists to do? Release the hostages immediately with no pre conditions.

2. Did you note what the UN Security Council resolution stated? Release the hostages immediately with no pre conditions.

Have you noted that despite those clear  orders from the worlds court and UN that Israel is still willing for the terrorists not to obey the above, that Israel is compromising by stating they know Hamas will not abide by those orders but are still willing to negotiate a ceasefire based on a hostage/prisoner exchange?

Why did Hamas break the last ceasefire and hostage deal? 

Who has not compromised here?

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"Looking for a compromise is the only solution and that's what the world wants. The religious nutcases on both sides might want to fight to the last enemy but that's not what the world thinks."

1. Did you note what the ICJ ordered the terrorists to do? Release the hostages immediately with no pre conditions.

2. Did you note what the UN Security Council resolution stated? Release the hostages immediately with no pre conditions.

Have you noted that despite those clear  orders from the worlds court and UN that Israel is still willing for the terrorists not to obey the above, that Israel is compromising by stating they know Hamas will not abide by those orders but are still willing to negotiate a ceasefire based on a hostage/prisoner exchange?

In the event that Hamas do not hand over the hostages do you support killing them all regardless of the cost of civilian life?

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

In the event that Hamas do not hand over the hostages do you support killing them all regardless of the cost of civilian life?

Why did you ignore every single question put to you, can't answer them?

As soon as you've gone through them I will get to that for you.

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Why did you ignore every single question put to you, can't answer them?

As soon as you've gone through them I will get to that for you.

No one of the apologists for Israel has had the wherewithal to answer this simple question candidly and publicly.

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No one of the apologists for Israel has had the wherewithal to answer this simple question candidly and publicly.

lol, now calling me an apologist, here, your post.....................

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

My response......

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Obviously too difficult to face and reply to? 

What happened to the..........It's my hope that people would be more willing to debate the actual issues 

and

I think things would be far more productive and far more civil if we all agree to avoid the mud slinging.

You fell at the first hurdle.

I am more than happy to respond to the question you put to me after

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

08.53 GMT

Unicef warns of increase in 'unbearable level of child deaths in Gaza' due to malnutrition

UN agency Unicef has warned the Gaza Strip is poised to witness an increase in what an official said was “the already unbearable level of child deaths” due to a worsening food crisis.

A report by the Global Nutrition Cluster (GNC), an aid partnership led by the UN’s children’s agency, says more than 90% of children under five in Gaza eat two or fewer food groups a day, known as severe food poverty.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2024/feb/20/middle-east-crisis-live-israel-gaza-yemen-houthi-lebanon-hague-court-justice

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

The justification is Israel does not want another 7/10, Israel is putting their citizens first which in this day and age is a novel approach for some countries! Lets not forget who started this bloody war, now if the Palestians backed Israel and abandoned their barbaric leaders I guarantee that their lives would greatly improve. But hatred for the Israelis is embedded in their brainwashed heads. 🥴

The children are not combatants. To attempt to justify starvation of children for revenge is contrary to any norms of humanity.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

The children are not combatants. To attempt to justify starvation of children for revenge is contrary to any norms of humanity.

You are using the word "Revenge" to justify this bloody war, Israel is not after revenge, the are trying to ensure that never again will their citizens be put through the barbaric torture and suffering that the world witnessed on 7 Oct. 

Hamas is totally responsible for the suffering that is happening in Gaza now and this war would be over tomorrow if what's left of the sexually abused hostages were to be returned.

The world will not forget these unfortunate people that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that includes babies and children too, Israel certainly will not forget them, nor should they! Never again! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Nobodies starving children for revenge, to insinuate that is pretty gross.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Actually, because everyone under 19 is considered a child, many of the "children" are combatants. 

Why do the Palestinian children's parents care so little about them that they will let them be killed and starve just in the hope that they can kill more Jews?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Regardless, the children are starving through Israeli actions in contravention of a clear order from the ICJ.

Firing on aid convoys is a war crime. What excuse do they have for firiing on an aid convoy travelling on an agreed route?

Pretty hard to defend that as not deliberate. What might be a motive, if not retribution?

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/21/middleeast/un-food-convoy-gaza-israel-strike-cmd-intl/index.html

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I disagree, limiting food, water and medicine and so on for the civilian population is 'revenge' and contrary to the Rules of War. A number of Israeli politicians have referred to "revenge". e.g. Israel vows mighty vengeance".

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/07/israel-declares-state-of-war-alert-after-surprise-hamas-attack.html

In any case IMO the destruction of civilian infrastructure, deaths and injuries to the civilian population is way over the top. I am not alone with this POV it has been articulated by a number of senior Western politicians. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Regardless, the children are starving through Israeli actions in contravention of a clear order from the ICJ.

Firing on aid convoys is a war crime. What excuse do they have for firiing on an aid convoy travelling on an agreed route?

Pretty hard to defend that as not deliberate. What might be a motive, if not retribution?

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/21/middleeast/un-food-convoy-gaza-israel-strike-cmd-intl/index.html

Regardless nothing, my post was aimed at a member who claimed the IDF were starving children out of an act of revenge. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Regardless nothing, my post was aimed at a member who claimed the IDF were starving children out of an act of revenge. 

It's fair comment. I asked you for an alternative motive. Crickets. If not revenge then why?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1