Lithuanian man fined 12,000 baht for drifting BMW in Chon Buri

webfact

46 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

vehicular whataboutery

quite the opposite, I wish the prick in the OP would have been fined more, maybe together with a license suspension, and all the other pricks as well !

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, stoner said:

the sheer volume of these incidents all over the country every moment takes away any whataboutery. 

these are serious issues facing thailand no matter who is behind the wheel. 

100% agree....  

A more 'restrained' and less cynical version of me wouldn't question if the 12,000 baht fine was because this guy was a non-Thai, would a Thai have received the same fine ?

So... what charge & fine did this Thai guy doing something similar back in September '23 receive ?

(not quite drifting but going in circles at a junction)

https://www.newsflare.com/video/589640/bizarre-moment-driver-goes-round-in-circles-at-intersection-in-thailand?origin=sedan

image.png.0bb494211ecceee6d4cdd799df1b6255.png

That said: the Lithuanian should have the book thrown at him...   for his reckless endangerment.

https://www.newsflare.com/video/620409/lithuanian-man-arrested-for-drifting-luxury-sports-car-at-junction-to-spite-his-thai-girlfriend

image.png.7d3c430fe6ebc093933d4e91ca996c33.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That said: the Lithuanian should have the book thrown at him...   for his reckless endangerment.

my view would depend on visa status. 

tourist visa... 12k fine and deported. blacklisted for a period. due to such flagrancy.

other long stay visas and thai. fine and possible suspension of license (if they even have one) higher insurance premiums etc. 

lots of weapons that can potentially be used. elephant in the room though. 

4 hours ago, stoner said:

my view would depend on visa status. 

tourist visa... 12k fine and deported. blacklisted for a period. due to such flagrancy.

other long stay visas and thai. fine and possible suspension of license (if they even have one) higher insurance premiums etc. 

lots of weapons that can potentially be used. elephant in the room though. 

You must be joking right, a french tourist secretly recording other backpackers in Chiang Mai, inside the showers of a hostel, was fined 1K baht. But you want to go for blacklistings or deportation drifting, while you have no real idea of the actual traffic situation or whatsoever, and nothing went wrong, lol. <deleted>.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

DEPORT and ban for life...........for God's sake.

Where is your logic aside from populism to be honest? Is what you should even ask yourself. Because with this reasoning and 'sentencing' I guess we need 5000 more prisons. But let's ignore the (sexual) abuse happening in 3/10 thai households, drifting deserves death sentencing.

It is just insane amazing entertaining, to see how people come with such judgements or 'solutions', while being ignorant to the bigger picture / daily activities. The passion to judge what is presented to them by the news on the silver platter, but to ignore what happens a few houses or sois down the road, daily.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Where is your logic aside from populism to be honest? Is what you should even ask yourself. Because with this reasoning and 'sentencing' I guess we need 5000 more prisons. But let's ignore the (sexual) abuse happening in 3/10 thai households, drifting deserves death sentencing.

It is just insane amazing entertaining, to see how people come with such judgements or 'solutions', while being ignorant to the bigger picture / daily activities. The passion to judge what is presented to them by the news on the silver platter, but to ignore what happens a few houses or sois down the road, daily.

what planet do you live on ? last i looked in the brit luring thread there was a lot of calls for death etc. ignorant indeed. 

who is ignoring anything ? your comment is just one big assumption after another. you sound pretty angry too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stoner said:

what planet do you live on ? last i looked in the brit luring thread there was a lot of calls for death etc. ignorant indeed. 

who is ignoring anything ? your comment is just one big assumption after another. you sound pretty angry too. 

I don't get anything of what you are trying to say with ''last i looked in the brit luring thread....''. He just did some drifting, what happens daily, aside from hundreds daily traffic deaths, but you call for some extreme measure, over hundreds of other daily crimes, happening by foreigners, way worse than this. It's called i am bored and just come with extreme punishments out of nowhere BS comments.

Like nothing happened, at all, lol. If you would CCTV reckless actions of drivers in general, you could almost start a live youtube channel here.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

Just now, ChaiyaTH said:

I don't get anything of what you are trying to say with ''last i looked in the brit luring thread....''. He just did some drifting, what happens daily, aside from hundreds daily traffic deaths, but you call for some extreme measure, over hundreds of other daily crimes, happening by foreigners, way worse than this. It's called i am bored and just come with extreme punishments out of nowhere BS comments.

ok.

Following the incident, Thai netizens called upon the authorities to pursue legal action against the driver,

Cops would not have got off their butts to pursue this if it wasn't for netizens.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

In response to the illegal action, officers from the Saensuk Police Station conducted further investigations into the car and discovered that the owner was a 45 year old Thai woman named Sukanya, but the driver drifting the car was a 31 year old Lithuanian man named Devidas.

B/f behaving badly.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, BritScot said:

Bizzare! You did read that he didn't have a licence? The poin that's being made is the inconsistencies between Thai and foreign.  A Thai might have been fined 500 and at a push 1000baht fine and a Wia! 

You make a point in favour of two tier fines. A 500 baht one would have meant little to the farang. Seems justified as he is a guest here.....

Edited by jacko45k

Just build them a type of Thunderdome, you want some stupid, do it in there slick. $50 baht gets you 1 hour in the Dome (100 baht if you're a stinky foreigner)

I'm not saying having some fun behind the wheel is necessarily bad, it's just the locations these dumb f:post-4641-1156693976:cks choose.

I have to admit to the same years back, but we found empty at night, no traffic industrial area's, was it still stupid, kind of, yes.

But we were savvy enough to find a spot where bystanders were not going to be harmed... or where the po-po didn't hang out.

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

How many times do we see red light jumping in-front of policemen at major junctions ???

There is no traffic police anywhere inside the town. Red-light jumping is fairly common by cars and MCs at the pedestrian crossing near Rompho Market, blocking corner turns by parked cars, etc. Of course, both foreigners and the locals are responsible.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, tgw said:

yup what a prick ...

YET the manoeuvre was far less dangerous than many others I have seen on Thai roads, done by drivers that were not fined 12.000 baht.

Especially those who drive their vehicles on the wrong side of the road and consider it normal because they are too lazy to drive 300 meters up the road and do a U turn

Edited by Reigntax
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1