Changing from 800k to monthly 65k

Have been doing my yearly retirement extension with the 800k method. I'm intending to change to the 65k per month income method. Theory is if I start transfering 3 to 4 months prior to this years renewel but still keep the 800 for this years extension then the following year I can extend usuing the 65k per month. Do I have to keep the 800k for the following 3 months before I can withdraw it as the extension this year will be granted on the yearly system? therefore do I have to maintain the 400k as well? and is there any other criteria needed in order to change from one system to the other? UK based. Thanks.

I am doing exactly the same thing.

I have different plan.

My last extension Nov 2023 using money in bank.

At same time I started monthly transfers.

When attend immigration the coming Nov I will present money in bank method for current extension and show 12 months of transfers for my next extension.

Being Oz, no embassy income letter available. 

Chat with your immigration office for confirmation 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Screaming said:

My plan is to skip this nonsense of having 800,000 Baht in the bank and just hire an agent. The same with the 90 report. Just pay the 2000 Baht fine before I renew my visa and be done with it.

Then you would need to show 65,000 Baht monthly income.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Then you would need to show 65,000 Baht monthly income.

Correct--minimum 65,000 international transfer per month, not an average--from what i understand, if you miss even a single month, there is a problem.  Additionally, there is more paperwork/bank documents to gather ahead of applying for the next extension.

41 minutes ago, Screaming said:

My plan is to skip this nonsense of having 800,000 Baht in the bank and just hire an agent. The same with the 90 report. Just pay the 2000 Baht fine before I renew my visa and be done with it.

Best example today of most irrelevant post.

The OP did not ask about use of agents not to mention advice to ignore 90 day reporting.

Your post is off topic. 

• Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The OP did not ask about use of agents not to mention advice to ignore 90 day reporting.

Your post is off topic. 

So, why not delete it then?

On topic is that the OP clearly need to apply for another 1 year with money, and after that start transfer 65 k each month to make that work for the upcoming 12 month.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I am doing exactly the same thing.

I have different plan.

My last extension Nov 2023 using money in bank.

At same time I started monthly transfers.

When attend immigration the coming Nov I will present money in bank method for current extension and show 12 months of transfers for my next extension.

Being Oz, no embassy income letter available. 

Chat with your immigration office for confirmation 

Me too in May 

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your post is off topic. 

Are we here in school? I thought humiliating times were gone?🥴

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Why don't we ALL use agents from now on? No one goes to immigration himself for anything anymore. Let's make us all equal. I am sure that is what immigration law was all about ...

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Quit said:

Why don't we ALL use agents from now on? No one goes to immigration himself for anything anymore. Let's make us all equal. I am sure that is what immigration law was all about ...

It makes complete sense to pay an agents fee and use your 800k to earn good interest.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

@Pappap sounds good ... just make sure your transfer in shows as an international transfer.  You can verify this by asking for a 'Credit Advise' after you first transfer.  That will track the transfer, point to point, home country to Thai bank account.

As far as leaving 800 or 400k in after extension, simple ask when you extend.  Might be good to have the 3 or 4 previous 'credit advises' to show the IO of your intent for next extension.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did the same thing 4 years ago , but i never did anything with the 800,000 , i just left it in the Krungsri bank.

Then as the GBP to THB strated getting low and UK interest  rates were still around 1% , i went back to the 800,000 way. 

Last month,  i did my extension again using the 800,000 but i started again transferring 65,000 via Wise into my Bangkok bank with the intention of doing the 2025 extension using the income method. 

I asked the very helpful female immigration officer who dealt with my extension last month at Phuket about the procedure for changing over . She clearly told me all i have to do is make sure i keep the 800,000 in my bank for 3 months from my extension date which is actually March 1st. Then obviously make sure the 65,000 are done in every individual month and show international transfer which is easy to fo using Wise and Bangkok bank.

1 hour ago, Brick Top said:

I did the same thing 4 years ago , but i never did anything with the 800,000 , i just left it in the Krungsri bank.

Then as the GBP to THB strated getting low and UK interest  rates were still around 1% , i went back to the 800,000 way. 

Last month,  i did my extension again using the 800,000 but i started again transferring 65,000 via Wise into my Bangkok bank with the intention of doing the 2025 extension using the income method. 

I asked the very helpful female immigration officer who dealt with my extension last month at Phuket about the procedure for changing over . She clearly told me all i have to do is make sure i keep the 800,000 in my bank for 3 months from my extension date which is actually March 1st. Then obviously make sure the 65,000 are done in every individual month and show international transfer which is easy to fo using Wise and Bangkok bank.

Thanks 🙏

19 hours ago, Pappap said:

Have been doing my yearly retirement extension with the 800k method. I'm intending to change to the 65k per month income method. Theory is if I start transfering 3 to 4 months prior to this years renewel but still keep the 800 for this years extension then the following year I can extend usuing the 65k per month. Do I have to keep the 800k for the following 3 months before I can withdraw it as the extension this year will be granted on the yearly system? therefore do I have to maintain the 400k as well? and is there any other criteria needed in order to change from one system to the other? UK based. Thanks.

To my understanding for previous threads, you'll need 12 months of minimum 65k baht transfer when changing extension of stay-method, plus the 800k/400k/800k in the bank, which your present extension of stay is based on.

But as suggested in an above comment, talk to your local immigration office, the regulation can be interpreted little different by different immigration offices.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

Huh?

Do you really think meeting the financial requirements by using an agents false account is playing by the rules?  Or have I misunderstood your comment about using an agent to gain higher interest for you money?

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Do you really think meeting the financial requirements by using an agents false account is playing by the rules?  Or have I misunderstood your comment about using an agent to gain higher interest for you money?

Do you really think rules work in Thailand? Why do you think agents exist? I can only think that life in Thailand has passed you by. I’ve been here long enough, perhaps you haven’t.

About 3 years ago I switched from parking my money in a Thai bank, to doing monthly international transfers using Wise.

The way I did it was about two-three months before my annual extension using the money in the bank method, I started doing FTT transfers (just to learn the system), then once my money in the bank extension was approved, I let it sit there for a few more months but continued the monthly transfers.  The following year, about 3 weeks prior to my extension, I requested the bank letters (they take 5-7 business days) and got my extensions from then on, no problems.

18 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Yep. It's called "integration" 🤣

Actually believe most people deal directly with immigration - those that use shortcuts like to talk how they are just doing it the accepted way as an excuse for their behaver.   The unfortunate result is most people get the idea all is good and well with whatever an agent does - which makes the corruption worse and hurts everyone but those using agents who are not able to meet requirements.  So those meeting requirements end up paying for those who are unable to meet and use shortcuts.

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually believe most people deal directly with immigration - those that use shortcuts like to talk how they are just doing it the accepted way as an excuse for their behaver.   The unfortunate result is most people get the idea all is good and well with whatever an agent does - which makes the corruption worse and hurts everyone but those using agents who are not able to meet requirements.  So those meeting requirements end up paying for those who are unable to meet and use shortcuts.

Please explain how those who do their own extensions are paying for the people who use an agent to facilitate their extensions.

On 1/28/2024 at 6:03 AM, Screaming said:

It's nice to have that option just in case.

4 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

It IS the accepted way and will be for quite some time to come. Accept it and move on with your life instead of boring us with the sermons ever time someone mentions an agent.

As I said - in denial that corruption is corruption.  I have no issue with ligament agent use for those needing or wanting legal help. 

Just now, Fairynuff said:

Who exactly would suffer if I were to use an agent? 

If you receive extension without meeting requirements those that do meet requirements.  Latest is the need to keep 800/400k in bank all year - direct result of agents.

• Confused 1