Update: British teacher arrested for sexual assault in Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

More details have emerged on the international school teacher in Thailand who sexually abused four young students aged seven to eight.

David Brown, a 49 year old teacher from Tynemouth, Tyne and Wear, stands accused of luring children into his office during dinner breaks for purported extra English lessons. The horrifying revelations claim that Brown engaged in sex acts with at least four different girls over an undisclosed period at the £6,600-a-year (approximately 300,000 baht) institution on the outskirts of the Thai capital.

The sinister acts came to light when a vigilant teacher, overhearing unsettling conversations among the girls, blew the lid off Brown’s alleged misdeeds. The arrest took place on January 24 at 6am, leaving Brown’s wife, present at the scene, horrified. He collapsed, received medical attention, and was subsequently questioned at the police station.

Police Colonel Jirawat Piampinseth, leading the investigation issued a statement.

“Parents of four children have filed complaints claiming that Brown took the children to his office to teach them English and then sexually abused them.”

The police are now delving into the duration of the purported abuse and the possibility of more victims.

Having been employed at the Siam International School since at least September 2017, Brown is now under intense scrutiny.

David’s wife acted as an interpreter.

“He has been detained in a cell at the station while the investigation continues.”

by Puntid Tantivangphaisal 

Photo courtesy of The Mirror UK

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-01-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

RELATED STORY:

An International British Teacher Arrested for Luring Minors to Commit Indecent Acts in Pathum Thani

https://aseannow.com/topic/1318075-an-international-british-teacher-arrested-for-luring-minors-to-commit-indecent-acts-in-pathum-thani/

• Sad 8

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The arrest took place on January 24 at 6am, leaving Brown’s wife, present at the scene, horrified. He collapsed, received medical attention, and was subsequently questioned at the police station.

Hope he gets what's coming to him... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Try reading the linked article.

I read 3 linked articles and sounds he is guilty including where it says he "initially admitted " I was merely pointing out he was named including lots of details school ect and pictured with eyes only pixilated only 👉 missing 😉 

8 minutes ago, Dave0206 said:

I read 3 linked articles and sounds he is guilty including where it says he "initially admitted " I was merely pointing out he was named including lots of details school ect and pictured with eyes only pixilated only 👉 missing 😉 

Well, you obviously didn't read the linked article on this thread, or you would have seen this.

Screenshot-2024-01-26-134114.webp

Conviction of sexual assault on kids should result in an automatic death penalty, no discretion by the judge or jury - mandated by law, automatic. I can't fathom why anyone should live in society, even in a jail, after committing such acts.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MurakamiX said:

I saw a Thai prison documentary, and actually most of the time the pruisoners will leave such offenders alone, unlike in the West. It's people who kill or harm their parents that get the punishment.

True. He would be much worse off in a western prison. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

Before the guy is lynched it might be an idea to step back and gather statements, evidence and hold a trial.  I don't trust newspaper reports.

There was a case in the UK a year or two ago where several girls collectively accused a male teacher of sexual assault - later they admitted they had lied (after almost wrecking his life).

That's just pure evil!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1