Pro-Trump Network OANN Potential Legal Fallout Baseless Election Claims Against Smartmatic

Social Media

53 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Verdict in yet?

Verdict?  The guy showed in real time how he could change votes using a Bic pen and a $5 USB chip.  

Even the most activist judge couldn't spin that one.  And it's in the official court records. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Lots of things get entered into Court records.

But it’s the verdict that counts.

You mean like the verdict after Trump's 2nd impeachment?  The one that found that he didn't foment violence and insurrection?

'Cause, you can't have it both ways...  Though the Dems would like that.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, candide said:

The same lame claim you already posted in another thread will get the same reply:

- you are knowingly distorting the reason why Fox News was indicted: it was indicted for claiming the 2020 elections have been rigged, while knowing they were lying about it. Not for discussing if maybe it could be possible to hàck a system

- the expert has been able to do that because he used a malicious code (not just a pen and a card, they are useless without the code). And he was able to write a malicious code because he was given access to the system for months. 

- the lawsuit is motivated by the breach by Kraken Powell and her team, who stole the software and put it on a server. They got caught, but many people could have had access to it. This is quite different from November 2020, before the breach. Without this breach, there would be no lawsuit.

When was Fox indicted?  I must have missed that.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

When was Fox indicted?  I must have missed that.

Ooops! OK, not indicted, Fox News agreed to pay Dominion $787.5 million and acknowledged the court's earlier ruling that Fox had broadcast false statements about Dominion. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Tug said:

Yea what ever happened to that Tucker Carlson anyway?behind some desk with a mic?is anybody listening anymore?

Tucker now has his own News website called The Daily Caller.

I saw it recently on AN a couple of days ago.

One of regulars posted the link to support some conspiracy theory.

I had to have a chuckle questioning myself if it would comply with the 'approved credible source' rule.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

if it would comply with the 'approved credible source'

Do you have a definitive list of

"approved credible sources" ?

Who maintains the list,which criteria determine credibility ?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, impulse said:

Verdict?  The guy showed in real time how he could change votes using a Bic pen and a $5 USB chip.  

Even the most activist judge couldn't spin that one.  And it's in the official court records. 

This only makes sense if you don't understand how elections are conducted. A faulty voting machine is easily discovered by precinct workers.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, ozimoron said:

If free speech was allowed to include vicarious lies then why do we need defamation laws? I guess there's more than a few of the usual suspects here who think we shouldn't.

Back when he was in the WH he wanted new laws that would allow him to shut down/sue/etc anyone who said things he didn't like.  It was that babblegats Kellyanne who talked him out of it, pointing out that the same laws could be used against himself.

8 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Actually not new.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Caller

He was on CNN before that.  If in need of entertainment try to dig up the time he had Jon Stewart on his show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2024 at 7:57 PM, LosLobo said:

I saw it recently on AN a couple of days ago.

One of regulars posted the link to support some conspiracy theory.

I had to have a chuckle questioning myself if it would comply with the 'approved credible source' rule.

Tucker Carlson helped found the Daily Caller in 2010.  Other than occasional mentions of him and some of his interviews, in 6 or 7 years of tuning into the DNCF (one of the 45 news websites in my bookmarks), I've never seen anything by Carlson on DC.

If you want to catch Carlson today, he's on X and he has his own website.  Though I've never been a Tucker fan, some of the guys he has on for interviews are well worth a listen (if you can get past Tucker's occasional cackling). Sadly, long format.  But that means no edited soundbites.

https://tuckercarlson.com/the-tucker-carlson-encounter/

But if you're a lefty, you probably want to stay away.  

• Confused 3

15 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Yeah, nothing. A right wing think tank is trying to convince the Georgia judge to throw out $100 million of machines because they think the machines are vulnerable. The judge previous ruled against earlier machines. The state is arguing that the new machines are far more secure and have a paper audit trail. Absolutely nothing has been proved to indicate that the machines are vulnerable to hacking.

Even last year, the vulnerabilities were well known.  Results of a study done in 2021 by the same guy (Haldeman) that hacked the machines again during the current trial.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/14/politics/dominion-voting-georgia-vulnerabilities-2024/index.html

Now the judge has to decide what to do and it seems the biggest concern of the "election officials" is that if she acknowledges the vulnerabilities and bans the machines, that'll basically confirm what the election deniers have been saying all along.

But most of all, more than a dozen officials stressed their dread that ordering changes just months ahead of the 2024 presidential vote could undermine trust in the election, overwhelming local election officials and emboldening election deniers all in one breath.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/30/federal-judge-voting-machine-ruling-00138681

So I suspect that Georgia will continue using what CNN refers to as "vulnerable Dominion software" through the 2024 presidential election.  I hope not, but it looks likely.

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1