Border Bounce

I have a 6 month multi-entry eVisa from the US which i used to enter Thailand on Oct 5 2023.  This visa can be used as many times as needed until around the first of April 2024 correct?

I live in Phuket and normally fly to Udon Thani, take the 200 baht van to nong khai and spend the night close to the freedom bridge. In the morning I walk to thailand immigration and exit the country.  Buy a 30 baht bus ticket to Loas.  At the Loas border i fill out an entry/exit form, provide the officers in window 1 with a passport picture and 2 perfect $20 bills.  About 10 minutes later i am called to window 3 and my picture is taken and i am given my passport and exit paperwork.  I walk around the same building and give my passport and exit paperwork to the officer and receive my exit stamp (sometimes i am asking for 100 baht).  I buy a 30 baht bus ticket back across the bridge, fill out my thailand entry/exit form and am granted another 60 days.  Total time if done early is about an hour.

There are no longer direct flights from Phuket to Udon Thani or at least nothing available as of today.  I am thinking KUL would be my cheapest/best option.  My question is can i arrive and depart the same day?  I am also open to hearing about what everyone else is doing for a simple border bounce.  Thank you!!

How long you can use the visa for re-entry depends on the expiration date listed on the visa. Not on the date you originally entered the country.

What is the visa expiration date? (not permission to stay date, visa date)

No idea about border bounce from KUL.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would take "must be used by Feb 18 2024" as the last date on which you can enter  based on that visa i.e. its expiration.

I am curious, if you entered on 5 October how is it that you are still here? Usually granted just 60 days on entry. Did you make a border bounce already not mentioned?

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I would take "must be used by Feb 18 2024" as the last date on which you can enter  based on that visa i.e. its expiration.

I am curious, if you entered on 5 October how is it that you are still here? Usually granted just 60 days on entry. Did you make a border bounce already not mentioned?

I did the bounce mentioned in my original posting

1 hour ago, TimLMT said:

It was granted on Aug 23, 2023 and must be used by Feb 18 2024 but there is no expiration date on the eVisa...

The use-by date is the last day you can enter Thailand using this visa.

As always, once you've entered, how long you can stay is determined by the stamp you get from immigration upon arrival.

• Thumbs Up 2

Next nonstop Phuket to Udon Thani is tomorrow 31st at 14:20 with Air Asia .

Flights are not daily 

Guess you won't be able to make it back same day with the return flight.

So many connecting options through DMK or BKK. Cost time and money of course.

Nonstop up, connecting down?

Edited by KhunBENQ

4 hours ago, TimLMT said:

I am thinking KUL would be my cheapest/best option.  My question is can i arrive and depart the same day?  I am also open to hearing about what everyone else is doing for a simple border bounce.  Thank you!!

You could think about  flying to Hat Yai and taking the shuttle train to Pedang Besar, about 50 baht and takes under the hour. Immigration is on the platform and you can exit then come back on the later shuttle.

If it is a bit busy there is a chance of getting back on the same train,  otherwise about 4 hours between the morning one and the afternoon. I just went across the road, had some lunch and a wander round the market.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TimLMT said:

It was granted on Aug 23, 2023 and must be used by Feb 18 2024 but there is no expiration date on the eVisa...

do a border bounce as close to 18th Feb as you can, then do a 30 day extension on this new entry, 

KUL is good for same day turn around, but worth a few days if you current permission of stay expires before the 18th Feb.  all foreign travelers entering Malaysia are required to complete the Malaysia Digital Arrival Card at https://imigresen-online.imi.gov.my/mdac/main . This is an online pre-arrival form that must be submitted within three days prior to arrival in Malaysia, there are no visa charges i believe.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TimLMT said:

I have a 6 month multi-entry eVisa from the US which i used to enter Thailand on Oct 5 2023.  This visa can be used as many times as needed until around the first of April 2024 correct?

I live in Phuket and normally fly to Udon Thani, take the 200 baht van to nong khai and spend the night close to the freedom bridge. In the morning I walk to thailand immigration and exit the country.  Buy a 30 baht bus ticket to Loas.  At the Loas border i fill out an entry/exit form, provide the officers in window 1 with a passport picture and 2 perfect $20 bills.  About 10 minutes later i am called to window 3 and my picture is taken and i am given my passport and exit paperwork.  I walk around the same building and give my passport and exit paperwork to the officer and receive my exit stamp (sometimes i am asking for 100 baht).  I buy a 30 baht bus ticket back across the bridge, fill out my thailand entry/exit form and am granted another 60 days.  Total time if done early is about an hour.

There are no longer direct flights from Phuket to Udon Thani or at least nothing available as of today.  I am thinking KUL would be my cheapest/best option.  My question is can i arrive and depart the same day?  I am also open to hearing about what everyone else is doing for a simple border bounce.  Thank you!!

Why don,t you just go to the Andaman Club.Easey why fly to the outher end of the country???

• Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, TimLMT said:

and 2 perfect $20 bills.

You do realize you can pay in Baht? I know it might cost more, but I don't understand what seems like an obsession of many posters of paying in Perfect $us bills. No offence intended. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/30/2024 at 11:57 AM, TimLMT said:

I I walk around the same building and give my passport and exit paperwork to the officer and receive my exit stamp (sometimes i am asking for 100 baht).  

Why are they asking you for 100 baht when exiting Laos? I was once asked for 20 baht when exiting Laos the very 1st time I went there, whereas nobody else before me was asked for any money.

On 1/30/2024 at 2:05 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Next nonstop Phuket to Udon Thani is tomorrow 31st at 14:20 with Air Asia .

Flights are not daily 

Guess you won't be able to make it back same day with the return flight.

So many connecting options through DMK or BKK. Cost time and money of course.

Nonstop up, connecting down?

i see now that they don't run every day but they are still some running non-stop flights thanks...

On 1/31/2024 at 8:28 AM, brianthainess said:

You do realize you can pay in Baht? I know it might cost more, but I don't understand what seems like an obsession of many posters of paying in Perfect $us bills. No offence intended. 

the last i heard it was 1800 baht, no offense taken...

On 1/31/2024 at 12:56 PM, Kinok Farang said:

Long way to go for a border run.

Malaysia not far and Burma via Ranong is always good crack.

and you get there by bus from phuket?

On 1/31/2024 at 6:03 AM, chris carre said:

Why don,t you just go to the Andaman Club.Easey why fly to the outher end of the country???

can you explain how this works?

24 minutes ago, TimLMT said:

and you get there by bus from phuket?

Bus from Phuket2 to Ranong.Motorbike taxi to the pier.You can go on the organised boat or for a bit of fun any longtail boat will take you across.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Is that with the 300b not stay overnight fee? If so it would be about 42usd for 1,500b

no idea! i just saw the guy ahead of me pay 1800 baht

On 1/31/2024 at 8:28 AM, brianthainess said:

To save money.Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TimLMT said:

no idea! i just saw the guy ahead of me pay 1800 baht

Was he also from the US?  as Canadians  pay more. I know Cambodia Charges 300b for no overnight stay do Laos charge the same?

On 1/31/2024 at 5:36 PM, bbi1 said:

Why are they asking you for 100 baht when exiting Laos? I was once asked for 20 baht when exiting Laos the very 1st time I went there, whereas nobody else before me was asked for any money.

We went to laos last Jan and when we left across the bridge my wife(Thai) had to pay 20 baht, I wasn't asked for anything.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

We went to laos last Jan and when we left across the bridge my wife(Thai) had to pay 20 baht, I wasn't asked for anything.

Do you know the reason why they charged 20 baht for your wife?

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Was he also from the US?  as Canadians  pay more. I know Cambodia Charges 300b for no overnight stay do Laos charge the same?

No

• Thanks 1