Drunk British Man Launches Brutal Attack on Pattaya Bolt Driver: Update

webfact

2 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Since this is Thailand, I guess, we all believe this British guy to be right.

We all know how crazy Thai people can be.

He only acted in self-defense. 

And the Easter Bunny is also real 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well certainly in the Pattaya area, nationwide I am not sure about that. I always expect a post New Years rush of them escaping the cold weather after the holiday season. Sensed an increase of rather pale and chubby bodies in the Buakhao area in the last week or two.

The number of expats in Thailand has the Brits at number 1 (discounting other Asian countries) with 86,000, the US is the next nation with 40,000.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Thailand#:~:text=The largest foreign community are,by the Cambodians and Laotians.

• Love It 1

No talk about the evils of drink vs pot. 

Bit his lower lip off?   Like gone?  Either way i hope that bolt driver has his woman because that will be  a nasty disfiguring look. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

The news link says the "The matter could proceed to Thai court, notes TPN media, if the different parties involved continue to have opposite allegations and statements." so its possibly not the open and shut case many armchair Sherlock's perceive perhaps? Could be a double bluff of course.

17 minutes ago, stargrazer9889 said:

I have been around lots of Brits in Thailand and in Canada. They are not all happy drunks.

some were scary ro be around with quick tempers, and some were always right,

even when they were not. It is not only thai people who lose their faces and act

badly.  Just saying.

Wow, sherlock homes found out that bad drunk people exist among any nationalities. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Lots of these guys down soi Buakhao. 

Most are heavily tattooed, obese, unfit looking. Too bad these guys didn't spend some of the tattoo money on gym membership. 

A lot of them work in washing machine building factories in the Uk. Putting in rivets and screws and such. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Elkski said:

Bit his lower lip off?   Like gone?

Almost certainly not.  That was reported in inverted commas that you chose to ignore...  

Mr. Weeraphon sustained ... a “bitten-off lower lip,” 

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Laws of averages, there are more Brits in Thailand by a country mile than any other foreigners. 🇬🇧

What about the thousands of illegal indians

I took a taxi today and they guy almost took out a motorcycle and later almost tore the back wheel off.  He turned sharp left and the rear wheel smashed over the curb.

No map, no gps, no air con, no seatbelts, no english.  He works in that area but he had never hear of my village name.  Really, there's like 10 and you can't remember them?

I can't wait for the driverless AI taxis.  Finally a decent safe ride.

Edited by Chris Daley
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Chris Daley said:

I took a taxi today and they guy almost took out a motorcycle and later almost tore the back wheel off.  He turned sharp left and the rear wheel smashed over the curb.

No map, no gps, no air con, no seatbelts, no english.  He works in that area but he had never hear of my village name.  Really, there's like 10 and you can't remember them?

I can't wait for the driverless AI taxis.  Finally a decent safe ride.

Rumor has it that you can be held responsible for accidents in these situations. The reasoning is that you hired the driver so are financially responsible. Similar to being an employer and the driver being an employee. Old school advice was to just walk away in any accident type situation.

• Haha 2