Drunk British Man Launches Brutal Attack on Pattaya Bolt Driver: Update

webfact

12 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

More crap from you, how many washing machine factories do you think there are in the UK.

You just use the OP as another opportunity to bash the Brits, and there is definitely more to this story.

I was thinking of Lemmy from Motorhead. He worked in a washing machine factory in the Uk before going beserk and forming the band.

Edited by JimTripper

4 hours ago, leverito said:

I think 70-80% of Brits and Aussies living in Thailand are rude and aggressive.

The worst part of the society who choose Thailand as a new home.

I often wondered if places like Pattaya, Patong (that kind of 'scene') etc actually attract more of those kinds of people. Many years ago an Aussie friend commented about how many s---heads there seems to be in Pattaya.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you for real Jim ???......     Such an idiotic comment... these myths have been spread by the bar-stool ex-special servicemen for decades....

Sounds like good advice to me. What do you gain by sticking around in a situation where you have less rights from the beginning?

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Sounds like good advice to me. What do you gain by sticking around in a situation where you have less rights from the beginning?

Agreed... no need to stick around if your taxi is involved in an accident,  but just because of the inconvenience... 

Nothing to do with possibly being held responsible which is just a typical bar-stool myth perpetuated by bar-stool idiots trying to sound knowledgable to a newbie... 

And.. when you mention 'less rights' are you talking about ???...  Obviously not voting.... but are you implying that a Western Passenger has less 'legal rights' than a Thai Passenger with regards to facing potential blame ?... if so, or you're suggesting something similar thats just bore barstool halfwittery...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I was thinking of Lemmy from Motorhead. He worked in a washing machine factory in the Uk before going beserk and forming the band.

Was a member of Hawkwind before forming Motorhead.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Since this is Thailand, I guess, we all believe this British guy to be right.

We all know how crazy Thai people can be.

He only acted in self-defense. 

Very well said. Reported one sided story that sounds bizzare. The Brit said self defence. Also possible: Thai Bolt tried to rip the Brit off who new how much the ride costs. The Brit says "Stop"! Gets out gives 100baht and gets a motorbike taxi. Bolt follows then attacks Brit. If Bolt guy new address and all was above board could have gone to the police.

Like many news reports in this forum the story is so confusing and lacking vital information that its really quite impossible to come to any conclusion.  Bit like the story with they guy forcing tourists to buy beer at knifepoint..

Edited by HauptmannUK

On the original thread I said that i thought it was probably a Brit.

A brit obviously reported the my post and it was removed.

But i was right as usual.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

It's likely this was self defence at first but said self defender didn't know when to stop it being self defence🤷🏻‍♂️....kind of similar to when several thai's are kicking lumps out of one farang,they just don't know when to stop.

Whatever, the foreigner was wrong. Why didn’t he pay the reasonable fare in the first place ? He behaved badly! If he didn’t have the cash on him, he could have got it from home or a cash machine. And, who bites people ?? 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I often wondered if places like Pattaya, Patong (that kind of 'scene') etc actually attract more of those kinds of people. Many years ago an Aussie friend commented about how many s---heads there seems to be in Pattaya.

I think that is more the point, yes a lot of shxtheads in those types of areas, and most certainly not limited to one nationality. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/31/2024 at 9:26 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

Imagine being so poor, that you moved to Thailand to fight over 50-100 baht with taxi drivers. Not sure if one can get any lower lol.

Being so poor or possibly being such a cheapskate.

Sometimes those with plenty of money are obsessively cheap about transactions involving insignificant amounts.

• Agree 2

22 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

If you meet more then one s---head a day, it's them.

Edited by JimTripper