Could open a Marketplace section give a boost to this forum?

zhounan

14 hours ago, still kicking said:

Try Facebook 

I and millions others have never had Facebook even for one day. The young ones are all dropping it too. Imagine being a teen or 20 something and your Mom , Grand Pa and Auntie all see your life in pics!? Yuck. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, zhounan said:

Could opening a Marketplace where we sell and buy (or exchange) our used stuff be a new source of attraction for this forum or would it just create problems?

When when selling something would you limit yourself to a minimal cross section of society ?

This is why sites such as Baht & Sold and Expat Motors etc are so limited and hardly used.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I and millions others have never had Facebook even for one day. The young ones are all dropping it too. Imagine being a teen or 20 something and your Mom , Grand Pa and Auntie all see your life in pics!? Yuck. 

Its still reaches the single biggest market in 'one free punch'....     

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, alex8912 said:

Yes the " suckers" market.  

Do you practice making comments that lack any intellect whatsoever, or did it come naturally to you ???

Any market which reaches as wider audience as possible is a 'better market' than one which doesn't... for both the seller and the buyer... 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Do you practice making comments that lack any intellect whatsoever, or did it come naturally to you ???

Any market which reaches as wider audience as possible is a 'better market' than one which doesn't... for both the seller and the buyer... 

I guess you forgot the huge market that does not use Farcebook. It's growing. The market this op speaks of are old guys in Thailand that may want to sell junk to each other in Thailand. This forum would be perfect actually. Maybe even friendships can start from it. I know for sure my life is way better off by never using Facebook or Lazada as well. The farcebook market is chock full of low life scammers. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I know for sure my life is way better off by never using Facebook or Lazada as well. The farcebook market is chock full of low life scammers. 

If you've never used it, how could you possibly know 'anything' for sure about it ?... or Lazada ???

You're making daft assumptions... 

You are correct in the 'scammers' comment - FB Market place is full of scammers...  only ever do face to face transactions...   But, I have old phones, cars, motorcycles on FB market place because it reaches a wider audience in Thailand than any other resource - dismissing that resource because of a flawed bias would be rather dumb.

7 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I guess you forgot the huge market that does not use Farcebook. It's growing. The market this op speaks of are old guys in Thailand that may want to sell junk to each other in Thailand.

Explain - what is this 'other huge market' and how do you access it ?

'The market the op speaks of' - are you assuming that anything anyone on this forum wants to sell is only going to be attractive to old guys on this forum ? thats somewhat limiting your market isn't it ???

... making friends with someone because you sold something to them / or bought something from them ?....  you're over-egging that one... 

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 11:52 AM, george said:

Agree, paid classifieds could work, but we currently doesn't have the manpower to administer it.

In the good ole' Thaivisa days we had a huge classifieds section, but scammers used it and abused it so it was closed down. Look at FB marketplace where scammers are infesting the place, so no for now, thanks but no thank you.

can I apply for the job ?