Logitech - Stuff Is Crap

theseveredhead

I have a great Logitech wireless mouse.

J

I have three logitech mouses bought over the years. They all still work, I just went from basic -> gaming -> laser gaming. But they are all wonderful, and indestructible. I was never careful with them, threw them in the backpack along with all kinds of other junk, pulled them out on their cords - they survive, they work, they work well.

Don't know about other Logitech stuff but the mouses are wonderful.

I’ve got a few computer peripherals of Logitech and have no complaints. The MM50 speakers, I believe, are for the i-Pod. I wonder if Logitech might have been expanding too fast, lending their name to products they did not develop themselves and perhaps have little or no control over quality assurance. On the other hand, if there were a real problem with this item you would see consumers screaming all over the Internet, and journals would publish critical reviews. However, a Google search with <Logitech MM50 (crap OR bad)> – without the carets – produced no results in that direction.

I did have a little problem with a USB headset a couple of months ago, was about to trash it, then one day looked at it more closely and was able to fix it with two drops of super glue.

--

Maestro

I have a great Logitech wireless mouse.

J

I have three logitech mouses bought over the years. They all still work, I just went from basic -> gaming -> laser gaming. But they are all wonderful, and indestructible. I was never careful with them, threw them in the backpack along with all kinds of other junk, pulled them out on their cords - they survive, they work, they work well.

Don't know about other Logitech stuff but the mouses are wonderful.

Hmmm.....Isn't more than one computer mouse, mice? :o

I've bought dozens of keyboards & mice for where I work and for home and have had no issues with them. They are my purchase choice due to this fact. I have two gaming mice including a laser wireless including the MX1000 and the MX518. Have not tried their speakers though, use Creative for home media center sound.

You have to keep in mind that big companies like Logitech have "tiers" of products, as in low-level, medium-level, etc. The low-level products will be cheap, and thus you can't really expect the best of components from them, and for them to last forever like the products that cost 10x as much. This is what the consumer likes to believe: that if they buy XXX product from YYY company, it will be exactly like ZZZ product from YYY company. This is not the case, never has been. You still get what you pay for. Pay very little, get very little, pay a lot, get more (but remember the law of diminishing returns).

Now, I could buy a laser mouse made by Logitech that does 100 different things and washes the dishes while computing my tax returns, but it would cost me a gazillion bucks. However, I could expect that it would be pretty darn reliable and nearly bulletproof, with maybe a few exceptions. I could also buy another mouse from logitech, a plain Jane mouse, no frills whatsoever, for a few bucks. It would work, but I wouldn't expect miracles from it. I most certainly wouldn't expect it to be much better than Chinese mice that cost about the same.

Again, THE COMPANY != THE PRODUCT. The product is the product. Judging a company by experience with one or two products is simply illogical, unless those are the only products that the company made (as in, the only two pieces that they every produced, instead of making millions of the same product).

I had the so then top end Logitech MX1000 mouse, the cursor has weird jumping problems. The logo rubbed off through normal use within 2 months of purchase.

I owned a Logitech MX700 mouse, the rubber started disintegrating, flaking off and the paint where the two mouse buttons are started coming off. The mouse also stopped charging on its cradle after about one year of use.

I owned a Logitech MX3200 keyboard/mouse set, returned it within 14 days because of a faulty receiver.

These werent low-level products of Logitech and now they don't have such a high reputation for quality in my eyes. I now own a Microsoft Entertainment Desktop 7000 and havent had a problem...very happy with it! Good thing I didn't spend on the Logitech MX Revolution..

I have had a Logitech optical mouse for probably six years. I finally wore the feet off it and it gave up the ghost. Since that I have had two that I bought here. One is an LG and the other an MG Industries. Both have died and neither lasted more than a couple of months. I am now using the wireless mouse from my laptop until I am able to find another Logitech.

Logitech Mouse and Keyboard - rock solid! I have had to purchase many over the years for different systems. My personal Logitech wireless keyboard has been with me for four years now, I still love it.

I would purchase audio products from a company known for audio. There are many Logitech isn’t one of them.

As said before, there will be exceptions. I've had some fairly cheap (not that cheap, but relatively cheap compared to others) MS mice that have lasted more than a DECADE without problems (it's a MS ball mouse, and still works well). I've also had a MS wireless mouse which cost $$$$$$ and the main button failed after two years, and the sides started rubbing off after a couple of months. The MS "home" mouse has had problems from the start, with a sporadic jump every now and then (what I'm saying is that again, DON'T GENERALIZE BY COMPANY). It's YMMV, but generally the more you pay the less problems you'll have, but there's no guarantee of that. Go ahead and try buying a cheapo Chinese mouse for 100 baht. It will most likely not work well from the start (tracking problems on many surfaces, jumping) and will fail after very little use.

I have a logitech quickcam communicate stx but I just cant get the play back to work as there is a hissing sound every time I use it. When some one is on a video chat with me They can see me ok but cant hear anything I am saying for hiss. I have tried everything but nothing works. I don"t know if its the web cam or a conflict with my speaker set up.

I have had a number of there products and none have failed. They have seemed to be generally several steps above no-name brands and well worth the price.

Have to agree i've had 2 mice and 2 keyboards. Both were/are great. Never had a problem(touches wood) :o