Angry Russian Tourist Forcefully Shaves Part of Pattaya Barber’s Hair

webfact

3 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

And how many Russians do you know personally? It seems there is a lot of discrimination here. What about the Brits, Americans, Aussie? They are the good? The honest, the nice ones? 

I don't like prejudices. It's pathetic and hypocritical.👎

If he was a UK politician his career would be over.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, sambum said:

It's already been explained in a previous post i.e. "They are pompous, rude, obnoxious, lie, cheat and steal." (P.S. You can add arrogant to that list!)

So you don't know any Russian I'm sure. Pathetic 😕. And you obviously never heard of Tolstoy, Chekhov, Tchaikovsky, Dostoevsky, and many others, as Chagall. All rude? Arrogant, stealing???

Insane post of your's unfortunately. 🙏

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, AdamRich said:

I keep a picture in my phone of the best haircut I ever had. Whatever barber I go to in the world, all I have to do is show the picture without having to try to explain how I want it.

I do the same, but have a few fails because the barber couldn't see the small photo clearly, and because my beard is white they think there is no beard in the photo and then shave mine off. Next time I bring my ipad with big photo, and I put duct tape over my beard, haha

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I love it....you need to be accountable for your work whether a barber or Thai Airways...It's time for the Thai culture understand immediate feedback for inferior or perceived poor work 

Lesson learned

This is not the question of responsibility but rather of  misunderstanding. If you don't speak Thai or you can't explain what you want you have to control your feelings anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

A lot of Russian men seem to have anger issues. A former work colleague of mine married a Russian broad. When they visited her hometown he experienced hostility from the local males who were angry that she'd married a non-Russian. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sambum said:

I tend to take people as I find them and I have yet to find a Russian that is friendly - you were lucky to find the friendly ones!

Firstly, by virtue of the fact that they are wealthy enough to be here on vacation, and then chose to come to Thailand and go to Pattaya , self selects a certain type of personality. 

Then we do not hear about the thousands of Russians who come here and do not cause trouble, we only hear of the trouble. 

Then there is the bias confirmation problem. Here in Thailand We have developed a preconceived ideas concerning Russians an as such or expectations and attitude is skewed.

People don't like people that dont like them 

Or perhaps my perceptions were skewed in the opposite direction because the circle i interacted with , also preselected. 

But I think it is always wrong to make generalisations about a whole people. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Cabradelmar said:

Pattaya and Phuket are disgusting places because they attract disgusting human beings (of all nationalities). And it's only getting worse. 

Must admit a lot better years ago, mainly  Brit's and Jerry's happy days

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

When I was working as a scuba dive leader, all us instructors HATED Russian customers. They wouldn't listen and would constantly break the rules.

Curious,  what is a scuba dive leader? Having been a Master Scuba Diving Instructor who worked in Thailand, it's a term I've never heard! Open water, Advanced diver, Dive Master, Instructor etc. Genuinely curious!