Angry Russian Tourist Forcefully Shaves Part of Pattaya Barber’s Hair

webfact

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Rumblings in my area from locals are not good, there is a lot of Russians here, Im now starting hear Thai's complaining one of the things they are doing is renting villas and then sub letting or part letting, I know of one case now and the owner is not happy, he let his 2 bedroom pool villa, there is now 12 Russians living there and they are partying every night people turning up all night long, loud music, now the neighbours are complaining, 

He tells me he has called the agent and they are not interested which is normal down here, the owner obviously is not wanting to confront 12 drunk Russians. 

So indeed not a nice neighbourhood at present.

However, Chinese are doing the same. Renting and sub let. So there is no Russian gene to do illegal things.🙏

• Confused 3

16 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

I swim at Jomtien beach all the time, and the Russians there seem nice enough, ordinary people, never had any problems with them at all. In fact, they’re probably some of the more respectable looking people in Pattaya. Not their fault their president’s a murderous psychopath.

Yeah, but it's popular and mainstream bashing Russians. Disappointing.🙏

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, neeray said:

Based on personal interaction and observation, that was also my opinion, long before they invaded Ukraine.

... you bet, and for good reason ... grown up with a Hungarian set of grandparents as well as one from eastern Austria, here's the simple essence (& clearly reconfirmed 2014 and ongoing) :

Only one good kind of borscht-eater and that's the slowly festering heap of dumb meat, as shown again in Ukraine.

P.S.: Slava Ukraini

Edited by jollyhangmon
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

So indeed not a nice neighbourhood at present.

However, Chinese are doing the same. Renting and sub let. So there is no Russian gene to do illegal things.🙏

It is a nice neighbourhood to live, Im not sure which soi that guy lives but it nearby, everybody in our soi keeps the place clean and tidy no mad parties, we have had no influx of Chinese in this area I think the are mainly in hotels, I dont see many.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Usually you get the same haircut whatever you say, only the number matters

Good point. Most (not all) seem to do what they want and not what you ask for. And, it's not just a Thailand thing, it applies to the UK also.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, AdamRich said:

I keep a picture in my phone of the best haircut I ever had. Whatever barber I go to in the world, all I have to do is show the picture without having to try to explain how I want it.

Yeh, same same. However, some still do what they want. In my early days in LOS whilst still searching for one that did exactly what I said (same as my pic) I decided to only pay half of what he asked for. He threatened me with calling the police. I told him to call them and I'll show them the pic and then the butchery he'd performed. Typical response here of "sorry, sorry"!  I eventually found a female who does it perfectly and the bonus is, she has a derriere you can't take your eyes off! 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

Sure they look like us but that is all.

How many times have you had a thank you or a smile for being courteous to them.I will answer for you.Never.

Try living in Phuket or Jomtien and you will change your opinion.

If in Phuket you have to see Rawai, especially at the Title condo project, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Crickey, I bet that scared him. 😨

Wow, I've never seen an angry Russian apologize, must have been your 'teacher voice'. 😂

Teacher voices are confident assertive and loud when necessary :ridicule all you want but that voice works well in stressful situations.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, AdamRich said:

I keep a picture in my phone of the best haircut I ever had. Whatever barber I go to in the world, all I have to do is show the picture without having to try to explain how I want it.

Can they get rid of the bald spot you've developed since ...?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sambum said:

It's already been explained in a previous post i.e. "They are pompous, rude, obnoxious, lie, cheat and steal." (P.S. You can add arrogant to that list!)

What country are you from? Does everyone from there overreact to a haircut?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, steven100 said:

send anonymous email to the Russian embassy in Moscow ...

tell them there's 100's if not thousands of draft dodgers in Thailand .. especially Phuket & Bangkok.

I think they're probably aware of that!

What do you expect them to do about it - invade Thailand?

Just now, AAArdvark said:

I have felt the same with Thai barbers. No amount of description will get them to cut the way you want rather than the way they want. I like mine a bit long. They will start correctly but they can't resist as they will go over my hair over and over and over again until I look like a policeman. 

What does a bit long mean? You have to give them a number for the machine or show them with your hands. A "bit long" is not a proper instruction. A number 7 or 8 is a good number for the top if you don't know. 7 is jet and 8 is bairt if you don't know.