Angry Russian Tourist Forcefully Shaves Part of Pattaya Barber’s Hair

webfact

23 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Where are all the Russians getting their money from? Personally can,t stand them either but I have a list of the most disliked countries I have encountered. Russians #1 Another country with the letter G a very close second. And Thai Immigration wants to give these A$$e$ long stay visas?

Guatemala?

• Haha 1

I gotta say, I know his anger.  After carefully instructing a barber in Jomtien that he was to cut my hair all the same length, about 1" to 1 1/2".  ALL THE SAME, MY WHOLE HEAD.  I specifically said "No Tapers"  "No cutting short" AND "Do you understand?".

First move?  Lifts all my hair above my left ear and literally cuts the whole side to 1/4".  I got pissed off immediately.  Obviously, won't ever go to that shop again.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/3/2024 at 9:49 AM, BerndD said:

Sorry guys, but the discussion is going in the wrong direction. This is not about mistakes in cutting hair, but about the rude, impossible behavior of a brutalized gang of Russians who are gradually occupying LOS.

no "gang" involved here I think? I think the thread was going just fine. Maybe you can start your own thread about the gangs?

• Confused 1

On 2/3/2024 at 3:48 PM, spidermike007 said:

I was in an elevator recently with a Russian family and I turned to the young boy and said you're really fortunate, when I was your age I never got to travel around the world, and the father looked at me like I was his archenemy and gave me the evil eye. They are really truly pathetically unfriendly people. Yikes, no thanks, if I never meet another Russian for the rest of my life I'll be happy. 

Are you American by any chnace? could explain why.. lol

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

I gotta say, I know his anger.  After carefully instructing a barber in Jomtien that he was to cut my hair all the same length, about 1" to 1 1/2".  ALL THE SAME, MY WHOLE HEAD.  I specifically said "No Tapers"  "No cutting short" AND "Do you understand?".

First move?  Lifts all my hair above my left ear and literally cuts the whole side to 1/4".  I got pissed off immediately.  Obviously, won't ever go to that shop again.

how much did you pay for the haircut? 

On 2/3/2024 at 12:32 AM, ChipButty said:

Rumblings in my area from locals are not good, there is a lot of Russians here, Im now starting hear Thai's complaining one of the things they are doing is renting villas and then sub letting or part letting, I know of one case now and the owner is not happy, he let his 2 bedroom pool villa, there is now 12 Russians living there and they are partying every night people turning up all night long, loud music, now the neighbours are complaining, 

He tells me he has called the agent and they are not interested which is normal down here, the owner obviously is not wanting to confront 12 drunk Russians. 

On Phuket , the Russians have been doing this “ sub letting” for quite a while now. It’s become unbearable, wherever you go, rude, hostile people in the shops and restaurants . They also have many “ jobs” apart from the villas/ condos, driving their kind back and fore the airport, shops etc. Travel agencies, massage and probably a hefty online business going not to mention bitcoin where one such Russian was running things in Kata. 

It is the downfall of Phuket and tourists won’t forget their last holidays there.,

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I went to Phuket last year. Thought i had got on the wrong plane to Moscow. I was the only non Russian in the hotel. Totally ruined my holiday. Will never visit Phuket again.

I bet a few Ukrainians are hoping for another Tsunami.....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

How does that explain why Russians are so grumpy? Are they open and friendly towards you? 

Ha ha, I totally get it! I just couldn't help but imagine this overzealous  American in the elevator, attempting to break the icy silence with a stone-faced Russian family.  – the clash of cultures in a confined space! No offense to Americans BTW, just couldn't resist the mental chuckle it gave me 😂

• Haha 1

On 2/3/2024 at 8:53 AM, bluemoon58 said:

Yeh, same same. However, some still do what they want. In my early days in LOS whilst still searching for one that did exactly what I said (same as my pic) I decided to only pay half of what he asked for. He threatened me with calling the police. I told him to call them and I'll show them the pic and then the butchery he'd performed. Typical response here of "sorry, sorry"!  I eventually found a female who does it perfectly and the bonus is, she has a derriere you can't take your eyes off! 

I bet the mirrors come in handy then?

On 2/4/2024 at 8:33 PM, quake said:

And that was all stated in your perfect Thai ?

No.  I used Google translate nd the guy said "YES" when I asked him if he understood.  Typical.  Yes means no in Thai

• Thumbs Up 1