Angry Russian Tourist Forcefully Shaves Part of Pattaya Barber’s Hair

webfact

3 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

I have felt the same with Thai barbers. No amount of description will get them to cut the way you want rather than the way they want. I like mine a bit long. They will start correctly but they can't resist as they will go over my hair over and over and over again until I look like a policeman. 

In all my years in LOS I never had any problems with my haircut, still have a full head of hair and never looked like a cop.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, sambum said:

I am from the UK not as if that is relevant! You?

Newbee asked the question - I gave him an answer.

And the reactions are not to the haircut - it's people's reactions to how the majority of Russians behave.

So when people from the UK get drunk and start fights we should assume they are all or the majority are badly behaved drunks.

• Thanks 2

Just now, charleskerins said:

He grabbed a razor or the clippers ? You would have to be incredibly skilled to do that with a razor to an unwilling participant-no?

Clippers. Poorly written story. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Such bizarre people. Such social misfits. I have friends who know younger Russians. And they say they are kind, friendly and progressive. I have no idea what percentage of the population these younger people represent, nor how representative they are of the Russian population. Personally, I have met very few friendly Russians. Anywhere in the world. The vast majority of Russians I have met, seem to have very, very few redeeming qualities. It is no wonder.

I can only speak from my experience. Have run into alot of Russians both in the US, and on Phuket and Samui, 98% of them seem to be grumpy, Likely a reflection of a very, very rough culture and environment. So, perhaps it is not a coincidence that the world is not standing up to support them and show them kindness? 

I do not think it is a sense of entitlement. I think it is a reflection of the current culture. It was destroyed by over a century of callous and murderous leadership. Stalin, Lenin, Khruschev, now Putin. They have become somewhat savage and crude. No grace, no finesse, no courtesy. Rather uncivilized.

My family was from Russia a few generations back. I used to ask my great-grandmother when she was still around, why they didn't teach us anything about the old country. She would give me this look, and tell me "the reason we never taught you about the place we came from, is because the place we came from was the most horrific country on earth, it was the most destitute, horrible, oppressive place and we were thrilled to finally get out of there and leave it behind. That's why we don't teach you about the old country, the old country doesn't exist for us".

I met quite a few Russian women years ago in Eastern Europe and the were  lovely but the men"are unfriendly and gruff. Some of them are downright hostile,"As you said.

Edited by findlay13
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Teacher voices are confident assertive and loud when necessary :ridicule all you want but that voice works well in stressful situations.

My wife's Sgt Major voice is scarier.........

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sambum said:

14 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Clippers. Poorly written story. 

I think people understood what was meant!

Edited by sambum
  • Agree 1

Clealry there is more to this than we're being told. I'd hazard a guess the barber wasn't paying any attention to what the Russian was asking him to do and was just cutting the guys hair as he saw fit. Just a guess but probably went something like that. Not listening (or caring) is something some Thais are good at.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, renaissanc said:

The silly Russian doesn't realise that the Police can find him within a couple of days. Then he'll be in big trouble. He should go back to the barber and apologise for his behaviour, and give him an apology tip, and then all will be well. The Police will catch him at the airport and then he'll go to Immigration jail.

Probably just pay a "fine" and  off he goes on his merry way.

2 hours ago, BerndD said:

Sorry guys, but the discussion is going in the wrong direction. This is not about mistakes in cutting hair, but about the rude, impossible behavior of a brutalized gang of Russians who are gradually occupying LOS.

No need for the bold print - against Forum rules, actually, but the POST is about:- 

"Angry Russian Tourist Forcefully Shaves Part of Pattaya Barber’s Hair"

P.S. I agree with your sentiments!

4 hours ago, AdamRich said:

I keep a picture in my phone of the best haircut I ever had. Whatever barber I go to in the world, all I have to do is show the picture without having to try to explain how I want it.

A+ advice. Barbers have told me to do the same thing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, uttradit said:

So when people from the UK get drunk and start fights we should assume they are all or the majority are badly behaved drunks.

So what country are you from? I did ask before but you ignored the question!

5 hours ago, AdamRich said:

I keep a picture in my phone of the best haircut I ever had. Whatever barber I go to in the world, all I have to do is show the picture without having to try to explain how I want it.

Not necessarily.

Khmer Barber in Phnom Penh is one counter-example for this. Which is why they should rebrand their salon into Khmerde Barber.

4 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

A bad haircut only lasts a fortnight, but still disgusting behaviour.

I have already had bad haircuts.

I have never hit any barber for this, but the will to do it was there.

So while I do not approve the Russian's behavior, I kind of understand it...