Forum upgrade in progress! ×

advise needed. visarun. got rejected on airport

Im suprised you didnt get in with 1 remaining land border bounce still left in 12 months. 

I dont think it matters which country you enter from. 

Whatever the reason for your rejection will be in the system now. 

You better aquire a fresh visa from a thai embassy in Vietnam, or Cambodia /Loas, then you can re enter with peace of mind. 

18 minutes ago, proton said:

Social media is full of- I quit my job, got a one way ticket and moved to Thailand vlogs, living the dream type mis information for clicks.

Mare's nest.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, popel said:

now waiting with airline staff for boarding. still don't know if they let me in again (vietnam). my country gets 15 day free every 30 or 60 days (?) still not got passport back..

No limit on visa exempt entries into Vietnam. And it's 45 days now, not 15 days. 

Edited by thecyclist
Typo

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

As always, you're providing no evidence for your sweeping claims, it's just the usual "get a proper visa" drivel. Without knowing all the facts of each individual case, it's best not to jump to any conclusions. 

But isn't getting the "proper visa" like driving on the right side of the road? OP has a "long standing GF" so there is a proper visa for that purpose, if he can't meet the requirements it is a lucky escape for the said GF. The system works.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

Is vietnam visa exempt now? No need for bs online visa before arriving anymore?

That depends on your nationality. Surprisingly, many "Western" countries including Australia and the US still don't get visa exempt entry, but a good number of European countries do.

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Having a local girlfriend while being a "tourist" is one clue.

If one can afford very long holidays without working, there are other visa's available when under 50. 

Apart from tourist or education visas, what other visa options do you suggest for those under age 50? Thailand Elite membership, never a cheap option, is now really expensive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Caldera said:

That depends on your nationality. Surprisingly, many "Western" countries including Australia and the US still don't get visa exempt entry, but a good number of European countries do.

ahhh that sucks. Thanks for the info

9 hours ago, popel said:

hello..

i where coming 10/2023 on a touristvisa. extended at immigration and one run to Cambodia. 3 days ago vietnam and back. officer says me staying last time (a year ago) nearly a year. (visarunner) and i can't go in.

now on my way back to vietnam. 

not sure they let me in again but vietjetair staff suggest a visa from embassy in saigon. 

think i got two choices.. going back to europe or trying get in via Cambodia.

everything! luggage,cards,cash.. in condo where gf (longtime) is waiting.

my head is nearly blowing.. need some advise.. thanks so much..

... have seen about 20 people last evening/night that got send back.. 

Hi Popel.

If all else fails - book an online appointment with Thai Embassy in Vientiane, get there, meet the requirements, and you're more or less guaranteed a tourist visa.

1. 3 Months Bank statements, evidencing >20,000 thb balance.

2. Proof of address in Thailand, or hotel booking.

3. Filled out form + 1,000 thb.

Collect after 2 working days.

Cross over at friendship bridge, Nongkhai, then home to relax...

Happy travels.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Apart from tourist or education visas, what other visa options do you suggest for those under age 50? Thailand Elite membership, never a cheap option, is now really expensive.

If you don't want or need to work: proper Education, Investment or Marriage

If you want to work: Business, LTR, Smart (have a new one now Smart S (Startup) | Smart Visa (boi.go.th))  

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

More like suggesting to homeless people that they just need to buy a house...

Reading along, it seems the OP left his cash and cards in Thailand with his GF, he's running low on pages in his passport, and he's not sure they'll let him back into Vietnam to even go to get a visa.  He's got an extensive history with Thailand (including a long term GF) and this is the first time in 20 years this has happened.  (I hope I haven't conflated posts from other guys)

I don't have any advice for the OP.  But I would point out that this could be a great cautionary tale for anyone in a similar situation.  When you fly out, be prepared for contingencies like a difficult re-entry.  That means backup cash, cards, extra socks and underwear, etc.

I wish the OP well, because I have met a lot of good guys whose visa loopholes slammed shut since the 2014 coup when the rules (and enforcement) really started tightening up.  It was sad to see them have to leave their life in Thailand behind.

Correct, but OP did it all to himself, it seems he had to decades to get his affairs in order. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

Exactly, at one time in my life I was under 50, had a very good job in EU that allowed me to travel over long periods ( seasonal). There was no other option for me to stay without extensions or border hops, and there are still not today. Also, for those over 50 , not everyone wants a retirement visa if they are still working /have business in another country. Lots here seem to think that some are working illegally when they are not.  And as said , there is no legal limit to entries by air. So if there were a limit, like with land entries, this would not be a problem. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2