advise needed. visarun. got rejected on airport

3 minutes ago, popel said:

have a place to live to but keys are in my bag!

Bit off topic however ....

Did you ever consider looking into cost of sending some of your gear via post to Vietnam. 

How essential is the laptop.

If required for work then that's an issue.

House keys and other things you mention ..,banking cards etc etc 

Putting myself in your shoes and in say Saigon.....I could book + pay on my phone for flight to Oz. 

Once there have locksmith open home and provide new key.

Off to bank for replacement cards etc. 

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Bit off topic however ....

Did you ever consider looking into cost of sending some of your gear via post to Vietnam. 

How essential is the laptop.

If required for work then that's an issue.

House keys and other things you mention ..,banking cards etc etc 

Putting myself in your shoes and in say Saigon.....I could book + pay on my phone for flight to Oz. 

Once there have locksmith open home and provide new key.

Off to bank for replacement cards etc. 

Yeah, locksmith 15 minute job. Op could have stuff on the laptop. Sounds like the Op is just kind of stressed out. It's pretty stressful being denied at the border with nowhere to go. That's why I suggested booking in a place like Siem Reap where there are no visa pressures and relax a couple weeks before digging in and an easy solution may arise. Sounds like he is rushing around trying to figure out what to do in a hurry.

The Op could also ask his gf to take a picture of the credit/debit card and email it. Then he uses that to reserve a room online or buy what he needs delivered without needing the physical card. He must have internet access to post here.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Agree 1

update..

still not sure about Chiang Mai per air or Vientiane per Land..

all day busy googling.. 💆🏼‍♂️

going back to europe is plan B

after succes or fail.. going anyway

me just remember one of my last Post's in here.. i was one of the last lucky guy's who got a triple TR visa in Penang 20 years ago before they stopped it.

that was a funny time back then.. 😂

8 minutes ago, popel said:

after success or fail.. going anyway

That's the point.

Also it's not like you won't be coming back to Thailand. 

It's very inconvenient to go home without keys etc but not end of the world.

If you go that way suggest you fly to Saigon and chill for a bit then onto Europe from there. 

On 2/6/2024 at 6:20 PM, popel said:

update..

all day busy googling.. 💆🏼‍♂️

after succes or fail.. going anyway

me just remember one of my last Post's in here.. i was one of the last lucky guy's who got a triple TR visa in Penang 20 years ago before they stopped it.

that was a funny time back then.. 😂

You're making things unnecessarily complicated. 

Get yourself to Laos somehow (there should now even be direct Danang-Vientiane flights) if a bus or private transfer doesn’t suit. Then possibly secure a visa to Thailand or enter visa free but do so by LAND. Stop obsessing over airports, Thailand isn't an island and land border entry points, especially from Laos, are easy.

Many people, including me have given you many options. Chances are you will be allowed back in by land, certainly once at least and that will give you at least 30 days, possibly 60 if you extend this at an immigration office to sort yourself out and collect your gear.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highlandman said:

Get yourself to Laos somehow (there should now even be direct Danang-Vientiane flights) if a bus or private transfer doesn’t suit. Then possibly secure a visa to Thailand or enter visa free but do so by LAND. Stop obsessing over airports, Thailand isn't an island and land border entry points, especially from Laos, are easy.

Many people, including me have given you many options. Chances are you will be allowed back in by land, certainly once at least and that will give you at least 30 days, possibly 60 if you extend this at an immigration office to sort yourself out and collect your gear.

It may be harder by land now though if there is a mark of a rejection in the passport from the airport guy.

2 hours ago, Highlandman said:

honestly.. i got distracted to much 

from that many "options".. that i forgot about the money issue. will be going to saigon first to hit a Bitcoin ATM. 😅

afterwards the Lao way i think🤞

cambodia from here would be better.. but the poipet crossing would not.

all other points are hard to reach,

only alone in a taxi maybe... 

11 minutes ago, popel said:

honestly.. i got distracted to much 

from that many "options".. that i forgot about the money issue. will be going to saigon first to hit a Bitcoin ATM. 😅

afterwards the Lao way i think🤞

cambodia from here would be better.. but the poipet crossing would not.

all other points are hard to reach,

only alone in a taxi maybe... 

If you're going to Saigon then go back to Thailand via Cambodia. Forget about Aranyaprathet-Poipet. From Ho Chi Minh, first get yourself to Phnom Penh and from there perhaps Koh Kong, which isn't too far away and can be reached by bus if you're on a budget.

Half of the journey there is via the newish Sihanoukville expressway. 

Then cross from Koh Kong into Hat Lek. Doesn't take too long and is way shorter than traveling via Laos.

Edited by Highlandman
  • Thanks 1

Not a recommendation as such but there is a bus from Da Nang to Pakse in Laos bus (friends have done this in the last month) There is a Thai border not far from there. You do need a Laos visa in advance which you can get in Da Nang as there is no VOA. Sorry, no further details

• Thanks 1

Whats with the 7 pages of nonsense? You were already given advice that you needed on first page?

Whats the big deal?

This happened to me last September, I stayed in airport over night in the hotel, flew back to Saigon the next morning with the  same airline, vietnam gave me another stamp after Thai BS with passport ... I went to embassy and got a visa, flew into chiang mai and then to BKK. If I couldn't get a visa at embassy I would just try CNX but as this is a new year, just do a border crossing at Laos with 10k funds, a ticket out of thailand and a hotel for the duration of stay .... Easy peazy, the stamp in passport means nothing, I got it in mine and still have a visa.

All the documents required for visa and entry are very very simple to obtain and are not double or cross checked.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

How do those Atm's work, do you use your private key or public key?

here you go 👉

btw.. in Chiang Mai there is a money exchange where you can send USDT and they cashing you out in 5 minutes..

Edited by popel
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, popel said:

btw.. in Chiang Mai there is a money exchange where you can send USDT and they cashing you out in 5 minutes..

If you do return via Cambodia, you would have the same option in Phnom Penh. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Caldera said:

If you do return via Cambodia, you would have the same option in Phnom Penh. 

thats good to know..  thx 

couldn't find anything online to cash out there.. only to a bank account..

Edited by popel
  • Confused 1

On 2/6/2024 at 6:20 PM, popel said:

all day busy googling..

Entering Thailand by land from Vientiane is easy.  I just did it.  It's 2 or 3 hours by direct bus from Vientiane to Udon Thani in Thailand.  From Udon Thani there are cheap flights to Bangkok.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/6/2024 at 2:52 PM, treetops said:

There is a method but i don't know the timescales.  You need a TM11 form which the OP could have lodged on his initial refusal to enter.

People report being unable to get this form on request.

And of those who do get it, I have yet to hear if it helping.

On 2/9/2024 at 4:10 PM, popel said:

damn.. anyone been to vietnam new year before? nearly everything is closed

Yes, but what a party! Da Lat is SO beautiful now.

And women give money! In Thailand they always ask or even take...

Yes, I got a new 100 000VND bill from hotel's owner, an attractive lady, in colorful envelope.

PS. Good luck to you. I was like you, not overly smart or clever in international travel but always had fun.

Edited by GypsyT
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Yes, but what a party! Da Lat is SO beautiful now.

And women give money! In Thailand they always ask or even take...

Yes, I got a new 100 000VND bill from hotel's owner, an attractive lady, in colorful envelope.

PS. Good luck to you. I was like you, not overly smart or clever in international travel but always had fun.

yoo.. thanks for that ❤

and happy new "dragon" year..

I'm in Saigon near walking street and just every shop is closed. only nighttime busy as always. 

Tet-Dong-Day-nam-2024.jpg

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Entering Thailand by land from Vientiane is easy.  I just did it.  It's 2 or 3 hours by direct bus from Vientiane to Udon Thani in Thailand.  From Udon Thani there are cheap flights to Bangkok.  

thanks.. but changed plans..

had to go ho chi minh first and from here it's cheaper and easier via Cambodia. planes from da nang now double priced because holiday.

will try the phnom penh/koh kong route 🤞

Edited by popel
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2024 at 8:55 PM, popel said:

thanks.. but changed plans..

had to go ho chi minh first and from here it's cheaper and easier via Cambodia. planes from da nang now double priced because holiday.

will try the phnom penh/koh kong route 🤞

Good. A very easy and cheap route. 5.5-6 hours by bus to Phnom Penh from Saigon. There are something like 30 daily services across 6-8 different companies. 

Should take around 5 hours by bus from Phnom Penh to Koh Kong (since the highway from Sre Ambel to Koh Kong is under construction) then its a 10-15 min or 10km ride from the bus station to the border crossing. From the Thai side, plenty of minivans to Trat/Chanthaburi/Bangkok etc. or transfer at Trat or Chanthaburi bus station for buses or vans to Chonburi/Pattaya/Bangkok. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highlandman said:

Good. A very easy and cheap route. 5.5-6 hours by bus to Phnom Penh from Saigon. There are something like 30 daily services across 6-8 different companies. 

Should take around 5 hours by bus from Phnom Penh to Koh Kong (since the highway from Sre Ambel to Koh Kong is under construction) then its a 10-15 min or 10km ride from the bus station to the border crossing. From the Thai side, plenty of minivans to Trat/Chanthaburi/Bangkok etc. or transfer at Trat or Chanthaburi bus station for buses or vans to Chonburi/Pattaya/Bangkok. 

currently in Phnom Penh..

and tomorrow is the day 🛂🤞

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, popel said:

currently in Phnom Penh..

and tomorrow is the day 🛂🤞

Used to have that "walkabout bar" (closed now) and that beer complex down the street with meth addicts walking all over. I forget the name of that area, street 51 maybe. Not sure if you made it over there. Still that way, or worse now?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

On 2/3/2024 at 6:51 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

Yes it does happen, all the time, as i said. Do i speak chinese? I had it happen to myself years ago and plenty of people i met on the island as well a german guy recently on 3 tourist visas in a row and then having done a on arrival don muang.

Dont speak if you dont know, its simple.

I will help you understand. He pointed out, if you follow the visa rules of each country. That means you have to know them and understand them. You say, it happened to a German guy on 3 tourist visas in a row???? So, that was only a result of him not understanding and following rules. Get it now?

• Haha 1

On 2/3/2024 at 8:07 AM, impulse said:

Be careful what you ask for...

I'm flying in once a month for a week or so, and I'd hate to see them implement an air limit that takes into account the guys that fly in and extend to 60 days each time.  Those guys become tax residents on the first day of their 4th entry...  I'll never even come close.

Frankly, I'd just fly to Korea, or Hong Kong if they started making it difficult for me.  It would surely save me a wad of dough.  But I think my travel profile is their perfect tourist.

I do not think Korea or Hong Kong are comparable to Thailand; maybe Indonesia, Philippines, or Malaysia seem more similar.

• Agree 1