advise needed. visarun. got rejected on airport

hello..

i where coming 10/2023 on a touristvisa. extended at immigration and one run to Cambodia. 3 days ago vietnam and back. officer says me staying last time (a year ago) nearly a year. (visarunner) and i can't go in.

now on my way back to vietnam. 

not sure they let me in again but vietjetair staff suggest a visa from embassy in saigon. 

think i got two choices.. going back to europe or trying get in via Cambodia.

everything! luggage,cards,cash.. in condo where gf (longtime) is waiting.

my head is nearly blowing.. need some advise.. thanks so much..

... have seen about 20 people last evening/night that got send back.. 

Edited by popel
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, flyingtlger said:

Go back to Europe, your chances will be better to get through....

everything! i need is in my room here. 

could book a ticket but couldn't take out cash over there.. or anything more 

2 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

No it does not... unless the "victims" have sketchy travel documents... I have been traveling worldwide since my teen years and have never had problems entering or leaving any country... but, alas, I always follow the visa rules of each country.

my pass is nearly full. officer was meaning I've been last year to long here.. and.. he doesn't like "visarunner".. 

(first time happen in 20 years)

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Or enter via land border if you dont want a new visa. If you enter from laos and did not do 2 land borders this year, they let you in for sure.

You could know this is potentially possible to happen if staying long on the “visa run method” so just get over it and fix it. Its up to the officer.

was thinking like that. saigon to cambodia and land crossing.. 

i really need everything from my room before i want to go back home..

now waiting with airline staff for boarding. still don't know if they let me in again (vietnam). my country gets 15 day free every 30 or 60 days (?) still not got passport back..

2 minutes ago, Tod Daniels said:

Just so everyone is clear DMK and BKK airports deny HUNDREDS of people every week and send 'em back out to where they flew in from.

You BIG mistake was doing a bounce out and back by AIR to get a new free entry stamp after the entry/stay history you have 😕

You are unlikely to be able to get a tourist visa from either consulate in Vietnam (Hanoi or HCMC) with a denial of entry stamp in your passport 

I'd say if you're hell-bent on flying in do it to Chiang Mai <- that airport has NO confirmed denial of entries and is the softest touch airport to get in at.

Otherwise, fly to Malaysia or Lao and enter by LAND. Cambodia is gonna bot be the border to try to enter from with your denial of entry. That Aranyaprathet/Poipet border is the WORST border crossing to thailand out of all of them so avoid trying to come in there  

You're allowed 2 free visa exempt entries by land in a calendar year (so there's no way you've used those seeing as it's Feb 3 😛 ) fly to Vientiane Lao and enter at Nong Khai OR fly to Penang and enter at Sadao

yeah damn..

was thinking fly out/in is safest bet.

should just extend at immigration..

will be looking where to fly from da nang.

long way to get back to patty. still not got pass back.. so don't know what they wrote inside. without note.. Chiang mai would be ok right? 🤔 aran sure not 😅

thx..

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Vietnam has rescinded the rule that tourists who enter visa exempt need to stay out of the country for 30 days before getting another visa exempt entry. So under normal circumstances that wouldn't be a problem, especially as you didn't max out your previous visa exempt stay in Vietnam.

Vietnamese immigration could still deny you entry based on returning as an inadmissible person from Thailand, but that seems to be hit and miss, so at least you've got a chance to get in under the current rules. 

Best of luck, please report back how it goes after arriving in Vietnam. 

exactly that i was thinking all night about. hopefully the airline staff help me out. would love to get a sleep and some food.

thx

will report back..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1