advise needed. visarun. got rejected on airport

33 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why not have a similar rule for visa exempt entries via AIR. 

It's not rocket science. 

Be careful what you ask for...

I'm flying in once a month for a week or so, and I'd hate to see them implement an air limit that takes into account the guys that fly in and extend to 60 days each time.  Those guys become tax residents on the first day of their 4th entry...  I'll never even come close.

Frankly, I'd just fly to Korea, or Hong Kong if they started making it difficult for me.  It would surely save me a wad of dough.  But I think my travel profile is their perfect tourist.

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Am I the only one who wants pic of GF? Not knowing the financial ability or age of OP i have to assuke he is wrll under 50,  elite is not feasible, not ready to marry, or if had a married visa still wouldn't be able to work.  Probably couldn't get her a visa to his country with or without marriage.   

Is this called a love trap?  Near our K1 visa rime we followed others on visa journey website   several young men brought their fiance's over.   Must have had good jobs but only needed application fees, and close to poverty income.   

Cant blame a guy for scud running as long as possible.  20 years is a good run. 

Entry was denied and he's stuck in Vietnam. What does your GF have to do with it?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, popel said:

was thinking like that. saigon to cambodia and land crossing.. 

i really need everything from my room before i want to go back home..

Get a visa and enter Thailand, make sure you have equivalent of 20K thai baht, onward ticket etc.

If you dont want to do that, get you GF to come to Vietnam and bring your stuff.  

8 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Is vietnam visa exempt now? No need for bs online visa before arriving anymore?

It has had the visa exempt option for a long time already fora limited number of countries (about a dozen European countries and a couple of Asian countries) They extended the period from 15 days to 45 days last year. The e-visa is good for up tob90 days, and all nationalities can apply. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, impulse said:

More like suggesting to homeless people that they just need to buy a house...

Reading along, it seems the OP left his cash and cards in Thailand with his GF, he's running low on pages in his passport, and he's not sure they'll let him back into Vietnam to even go to get a visa.  He's got an extensive history with Thailand (including a long term GF) and this is the first time in 20 years this has happened.  (I hope I haven't conflated posts from other guys)

I don't have any advice for the OP.  But I would point out that this could be a great cautionary tale for anyone in a similar situation.  When you fly out, be prepared for contingencies like a difficult re-entry.  That means backup cash, cards, extra socks and underwear, etc.

I wish the OP well, because I have met a lot of good guys whose visa loopholes slammed shut since the 2014 coup when the rules (and enforcement) really started tightening up.  It was sad to see them have to leave their life in Thailand behind.

It started tightening and got much more expensive under Thaksin. Yes, there has been further tightening post Thaksin, but it has been gradual  The Shinawatras did the quantum leap .

• Like 2

"think i got two choices.. going back to europe or trying get in via Cambodia.

everything! luggage,cards,cash.. in condo where gf (longtime) is waiting."

I've done 3 runs and noticed when I have Thai gf with me everything is so easy!

They smile, say "Pls, this way Sir" and so on.

Maybe she should join you and try again with her? Use "Thai only " line, like I did.

Edited by GypsyT

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The point is that Thailand for some unknown reason does not have rules in regards to visa exempt via air. 

Yes max 2 visa exempt via land per calendar year is a rule. 

Very simple clear rule.

Why not have a similar rule for visa exempt entries via AIR. 

It's not rocket science. 

All of these posts re "get the correct visa" are nonsense and off topic. 

The OP is currently in poor situation looking for suggestions. 

"All of these posts re "get the correct visa" are nonsense and off topic."

No, they are not.

"Yes max 2 visa exempt via land per calendar year is a rule. 

Very simple clear rule.

Why not have a similar rule for visa exempt entries via AIR."

That doesn't mean that you can stay here unlimited with tourist visas or exempt entries, way too much entitlement. 

On top of that people go off the charts when they might need to pay tax while living here longer than 180 days.  

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thecyclist said:

It started tightening and got much more expensive under Thaksin. Yes, there has been further tightening post Thaksin, but it has been gradual  The Shinawatras did the quantum leap .

Good catch.  I arrived in 2011 so I didn't meet anyone who got ejected before that.  But I did meet a lot of guys doing monthly van rides to the border, some perpetual "students" who never went to class and some other guys who borrowed their 400/800K for a short period every year around extension time.  Each group eventually having to leave when the rules tightened after the coup.  And there may have been others that don't come to mind before my coffee.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, impulse said:

Some people live linear lives.  Others, not so much.

The problems are exacerbated when the rules change mid-game.  And in Thailand's case, are implemented and enforced inconsistently at various locations and even by individual IO's.

Yes... what you say is true about the rules changing is fair... however who is responsible to see that the rules are followed... BOTH the traveler and the IOs... it's called awareness and adaptability.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Caldera said:

That depends on your nationality. Surprisingly, many "Western" countries including Australia and the US still don't get visa exempt entry, but a good number of European countries do.

I always thought US, Australia and New Zealand need visa's as Vietnam is not ready to forget the war yet, even though it's been 50 years 😉

Assuming OP is from one of the 13 countries that get a 45 day visa exempt entry: Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Russia and UK

OP spending 30-45 days in Vietnam before re-entering Thailand again sounds like a plan to me (get a Thai tourist visa there). As Asian neighbour's get 30 days visa exempt OP can also fly his Thai GF in easily

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, geisha said:

If there were set rules as to how many entries ( air) a person can have, then people will act accordingly. Imagine US / German/ Uk/ Aust etc  having  a rule that basically says, “ No exact limit on Air Entries it’s up to your immigration officer to decide “ !!  Ridiculous ! All my many long winters in Thailand and I’ve never had a problem.  Tho I’m sure we’ve all seen a grumpy or downright nasty  IO.   Those who abuse the system to work is another thing , and it’s illegal!!

Actually, according to the immigration laws of "US / German/ Uk/ Aust etc", the immigration officer thumbing through your passport does have absolute discretion on the matter of your eligibility to enter at their borders. Visa holder or otherwise.

It's just that nobody tries to 'milk it' in the "US / German/ Uk/ Aust etc" like so many try to do here in Thailand. Must be the temples, no?

The way I see it, Thailand has been far too easy and lenient on these visa-exempt for far too long and there are legions of squatters who take that as some right to pitch their tent here in perpetuity. The 'open borders' myth gets spread and then, on the day an IO gets his big red pen out, it's time to cry for help and "why me?" and wave the Thai xenophobia flag.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

found that in my pass!

this time i stayed 2 month tr visa,1 extension and 1 Cambodia in/out.. so.. 4 month.

but last year (because hungry after covid!) i stayed 8 month here... 

and NO.. i never worked here nor have any overstay ever.

IMG_20240203_191650.jpg

Edited by popel
added some..
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, popel said:

found that in my pass!

this time i stayed 2 month tr visa,1 extension and 1 Cambodia in/out.. so.. 4 month.

but last year (because hungry after covid!) i stayed 8 month here... 

and NO.. i never worked here nor have any overstay ever.

IMG_20240203_191650.jpg

This is Immigration Act Clause 12 subsection 2 – ไม่มีปัจจัยยังชีพตามสมควร = no reasonable means of sustenance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NextG said:

This is Immigration Act Clause 12 subsection 2 – ไม่มีปัจจัยยังชีพตามสมควร = no reasonable means of sustenance. 

i signed a paper where i stated/showed: 

20$ /2500 baht cash and 1000€ in bank-app.. my half baht goldring (for emergency) they didn't care 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

OK. Thanks.

Firstly, what is your age? It relates to advice on visas.

You state this hasn't happened to you in 20 years and you have a long-term Thai GF.  Have you been residing in Thailand for that period, or if not, how much time have you spent here in the last several years?

If you are residing in Thailand, why do you border bounce and not obtain a long-term visa - retirement, marriage, elite? Do you have the funds to meet the conditions?

If not, how do you fund your stay here? Do you work illegally?

If you don't reside here, but are just a tourist, why do you have a condo, a gf, and all your belongings, including funds (bank account?) in Thailand?  

I note your first ever post on this forum was at 0616 yesterday and the last (of 10) was at 0805 yesterday. Does this mean you were refused entry at Nam?

I'm little over 50 now. the "other" visas are to complicated for me because i working freelance. normally working in summer and come here for wintertime.

the condo is rented per month. my funds and GF are waiting there. was thinking been back already 😅😕

having a forumaccount here when it was called thaivisa (ca. 20 years ago) 

i think they don't like pattaya. last year they where looking like that when saw my extensions from there. 

I'm really not the pattaya guy 😂

staying there for "easy everything".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, popel said:

UPDATE 

thinking to do a poll. i need to know,what will be the best crossing. 

Although I have used many border crossings over the Years, without incident, the general consensus would be to avoid Aranyaprathet - I would recommend any of the Laos crossings.

As I said earlier - you can definitely get a tourist visa in Vientiane, and Nongkhai border is normally quite friendly.

I just did so - 3rd in a row, with considerable history as a tourist.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, popel said:

now i need to make a plan to go back Thailand. i really need my stuff from there before i can get back Europe. 

You mention starting a poll.

Also that you really need to collect stuff from Pattaya.

Also best entry to Thailand .

From Da Nang. 

You have painted yourself in very poor spot.

You could have done a simple land border bounce from Pattaya to Cambodia 

About 3.5k minivan. 

If you really must get your stuff from Pattaya then fly your gf to Da Nang.

Still better meet her in Saigon.

After that fly home to Europe

Being over 50 you have far better options for future visits to Thailand 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You mention starting a poll.

Also that you really need to collect stuff from Pattaya.

Also best entry to Bangkok. 

From Da Nang. 

You have painted yourself in very poor spot.

You could have done a simple land border bounce.

About 3k minivan. 

If you really must get your stuff from Pattaya then fly your gf to Da Nang.

Still better meet her in Saigon.

After that fly home to Europe

Being over 50 you have far better options for future visits to Thailand 

yes.. afterwards.. 

was thinking safest is per air 🤷🏼‍♂️

GF's passport is expired and think she could not do it anyway. (25kg+laptop and such..)

been thinking going first to saigon because could exchange bitcoin there.(also in chiang mai)

my room is paid until mid-february

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NextG said:

That's the standard, throw-down reason to deny entry issued many, many times by many IO's at various airports already.

In some instances, the IO's haven't even asked to see proof of 20,000 baht (equivalent) before sending people back. I recall a few "help! stuck at airport" threads here where the IO's ignored the cash being shown to them: some will actually look away so they can claim they never saw it. If they suspect dodginess of any sort, it's the easiest way of sending people back quickly, as it probably requires minimal paperwork?

• Like 1