New passport ….having information transferred

I recently received my new US passport and had a problem getting my 90-day report on line so I went to the CM immigration office near the airport, I had downloaded the form for transferring stamps from old to new passport and did mofr 47 (90-day report) twice just in case - 1 using old passport and 1 one using new passport and yes, they insisted I had to use to old passport for that process - only 5 minutes so

so problem, also had to check in with TM 30 office who update they system (this office opened at 8:15 and took 5 minutes so the main office still had not opened and all my paperwork was checked prior to that opening.  I turned in the paperwork to  window 2 for transfers of stamps.  All in all it took about an hour and a half at immigration to have all stamps transferred, the 90-day report and TM30 update so I was pleased with that and happy to have it all done.  As an added benefitr of course, by doing the 90-day report on the last day of the old one, I get a full 90 days prior to having to do it again.  At least the

weather was cool for that morning too and there was a huge crowd there.

I recently received my new US passport and had a problem getting my 90-day report on line so I went to the CM immigration office near the airport, I had downloaded the form for transferring stamps from old to new passport and did mofr 47 (90-day report) twice just in case - 1 using old passport and 1 one using new passport and yes, they insisted I had to use to old passport for that process - only 5 minutes so

so problem, also had to check in with TM 30 office who update they system (this office opened at 8:15 and took 5 minutes so the main office still had not opened and all my paperwork was checked prior to that opening.  I turned in the paperwork to  window 2 for transfers of stamps.  All in all it took about an hour and a half at immigration to have all stamps transferred, the 90-day report and TM30 update so I was pleased with that and happy to have it all done.  As an added benefitr of course, by doing the 90-day report on the last day of the old one, I get a full 90 days prior to having to do it again.  At least the

weather was cool for that morning too and there was a huge crowd there.

I forgot to mention- there is NO CHARGE for either of these processes!  

Does anyone know what the timeframe would be for transferring information from the old passport to the new one? I asked my agent and he seemed to think I could wait until October when I renew my extension of stay. That seems like a long time to carry two passports around.  I couldn't nail him down on a price for this service. My landlady's son is the agent that does my extension of stay every year so the lines of communication are usually pretty good. October seems like a long time. Just asking.

2 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Does anyone know what the timeframe would be for transferring information from the old passport to the new one?

It can be done at the time of your next extension. You can also go in and have it done before then, either are OK.

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2024 at 3:15 AM, timendres said:

I think your agent did that and received the letter I refer to.

I just did mine myself using the US Embassy "new" policy. More trouble than the previous renewal procedure 10 years ago. However, the Letter is a required document at Chiang Mai. Reading the instructions for "transfer of visa stamp", a verification from the Embassy is required. Since the US Embassy no longer issues such letters (along with many other services) you can download a form letter from them, stating as much. This was accepted by Thai Immigration and actually getting the que number to the "transfer visa" window, took about 3 hours total, including 30 minutes wait at the window counter.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2024 at 12:12 PM, Felton Jarvis said:

Does anyone know what the timeframe would be for transferring information from the old passport to the new one? I asked my agent and he seemed to think I could wait until October when I renew my extension of stay. That seems like a long time to carry two passports around.  I couldn't nail him down on a price for this service. My landlady's son is the agent that does my extension of stay every year so the lines of communication are usually pretty good. October seems like a long time. Just asking.

whenever u want to<  I had a new US passport issued in Nov< my 1 year extension is due end of march so have no reason to do the trip to immigration twice as have no need to do anything with immigration till then.
the stamp transfer is free but , hey, this is thailand  🙂

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

whenever u want to<  I had a new US passport issued in Nov< my 1 year extension is due end of march so have no reason to do the trip to immigration twice as have no need to do anything with immigration till then.
the stamp transfer is free but , hey, this is thailand  🙂

My agent is doing it for 2000 baht. At least I know it will be done right. The only reason I am using the agent is the possibility that they may ask to see my bank balance. The agent deposits the required money and then withdraws it. I suppose 2000 baht is worth avoiding a hassle at Immigration over a bank balance that I don't have.

17 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

My agent is doing it for 2000 baht. At least I know it will be done right. The only reason I am using the agent is the possibility that they may ask to see my bank balance. The agent deposits the required money and then withdraws it. I suppose 2000 baht is worth avoiding a hassle at Immigration over a bank balance that I don't have.

yea it depends,   one agent wanted 3,000 baht, one ( TVC ) wanted 1,500
the agent i am using in March, told me it was free, as he will be doing the 1 year extension at the same time and of course, there is a charge for that  🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question about using a new passport with the Thai Immigration 90-Day reporting system.  Now that I have a new passport, do I need to register again with the online system?  The information from the old passport has been transferred but the Passport number is different.