Water kettle

BenStark

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

I've only bought two electric kettles since I've been here (17 years) and both of them were Sharp and both of them were plastic – – the reason being is that although the stainless steel kettles are "double insulated", I always steer clear of them since I got a bit of a "tickle" off one a few years ago!

Never had a problem with anything made by Sharp.

Yes the first kettle I had here, that will be about 30 years ago, was also one looking similar as the Sharp. Not sure if it was a Sharp or another brandname but it lasted more than a decade.

Then I started getting the cheap ones en I think this one is the third one that fails.

So now it will be the Sharp or a Tefal, but I'm certainly not gonna spend 12.900 on a kettle, regardless that one particular troll in this thread is defending.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I've only bought two electric kettles since I've been here (17 years) and both of them were Sharp and both of them were plastic – – the reason being is that although the stainless steel kettles are "double insulated", I always steer clear of them since I got a bit of a "tickle" off one a few years ago!

Never had a problem with anything made by Sharp.

Sharp yes had no end of Fans over the years until I bought a Sharp so much better and stronger, so far have 5 never had a problem, only 4 more to go when the old one fall to bits.

as for kettle, always use the hot pot, 'HomeSmart' appear to last 12 years, present one is 8 years old, it is the vacuum push pump thing that goes, notice new ones cost under 800 baht

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Or simply put a cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes. Exactly the right amount, nowt wasted.

Isn't that dangerous because of the risk of scolding from 'rapid expansion' of superheated water when moving the cup or adding something causes it to rapidly boil over ?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Isn't that dangerous because of the risk of scolding from 'rapid expansion' of superheated water when moving the cup or adding something causes it to rapidly boil over ?

That's why I said TWO minutes. And needs a little bit of care from the operator.

I appreciate you telling me off, scolding me to prevent me scalding myself.

I personally put 400ml of water into a 1 litre jug.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Better with a whistle so you hear when it's boiling.

lol good one...

i kinda need a whistle after all the flak i got for calling a range an oven... just one of those things that we people get wrong that everyone else gets right...

btw... how you doin' arthritis starting to kick in when it rains? 

my accident in 95 nearly cost me a leg and now... feel like the proverbial sh...

Our cheap one died after 2 yrs, bought a Toshiba in Home Pro, its stainless double walled insulated think 1.5 liter, around 1000 Bt, wife is happy with it..cheap usually ain't good and good usually ain't cheap..

On 2/4/2024 at 12:20 PM, hotandsticky said:

Get back on Lazada and look for Thailand produced kettle.

Over my 2 score years here, I swore NEVER to buy a Thai manufactured electrical appliance (eg OTTO) again.
The price of SMEG (nice name🤣) is outrageous.  I would pay maximum 1000 (REALLY maximum).
LAZADA, SHOPEE or Lotus.

In my 23 years of living here i have bought several, i have now given up on the more expensive brand name ones as a Philips one i bought for 1,700 lasted no longer than 2 years. So now i buy the ones from Big C for 169 , the last one has lasted 3 years, and as there so cheap i keep a new spare one in the cupboard. 

The one someone suggested from Macro with the chrome band round the lid , be careful as the lids dont open fully , which can be annoying whilst trying to fill it  up with water as the lid keeps dropping down.

Edited by Brick Top
Spelling

I tried reading a book about kettles as my computer literacy means I cannot google where to buy a kettle.

For those who's computer literacy is better than mine I would suggest they try Lazada.

6 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I tried reading a book about kettles as my computer literacy means I cannot google where to buy a kettle.

For those who's computer literacy is better than mine I would suggest they try Lazada.

But be careful if you do look on lazada 'cos you may feel the urge to start a riveting thread about expensive kettles...

Fortunately it wasn't this one...  a few people would haven been apoplectic...  10% off though... 

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 10.58.00.png

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, BenStark said:

At least I would know where to buy a reasonably priced kettle, in fact just for you, there's Makro, BigC, Lotus, Mr Do It Yourself, Home Pro etc. Hope that helps. 😃

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

At least I would know where to buy a reasonably priced kettle, in fact just for you, there's Makro, BigC, Lotus, Mr Do It Yourself, Home Pro etc. Hope that helps. 😃

I never said that I didn't know where to buy.

In fact I even posted where I bought the previous one, and I also mentioned the prices from other brandname products.

Look here it i again for you, and I suggest if you want to have a cheap shot at me, then better don't point the gun at your own foot, as we all know how handy you are with ordering from Lazada.

image.png.eb7cb9c3c7b080401c166c34f6d22310.png

Edited by stats
flame comment removed

On 2/4/2024 at 5:14 AM, KhunLA said:

This one at Makro, 2L and priced 160-200, all SS.  Bought a 2nd for on the road.  Preferred something smaller, but most smaller aren't SS.  

image.png.0cbbd6ceaca5299c32b14ee1ae6a76d8.png

How electrically safe is in? Does ti have a grounded plug? 

The SMEG kettle is made of gold and provides a unique boiling experience...🤣

• Haha 2

So i thought what would they cost buying here in online shop

They cost 155 euro, with rate today 155 x 38 = almost 5900 baht. Expensive as well.

Same like the toaster of same series.

However it is not the most expensive one.

THis was the topper: A titanium bolling tank, not electric. 2000 X 38 = 76000 baht !1??!!

image.png.9e8ec34f4d85c0ab4609cacbc64e97e7.png

There are electric toothbrushes costing 16270 Baht !! Really, wtf , incredible

image.png.e1fb9dfaece0346e2be258a5b94207cc.png

I really dont get what they try to achieve with those prices. Yha of course money, but I will not ever buy.

You have to be crazy to buy, I think.

On 2/4/2024 at 1:03 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Correction...   12,900 baht for a kettle is ridiculous to you because you are thinking with your own limited resources....

What you mean with limited resources. You want to say I not in a financial situation to afford an item of that price?

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

They cost 155 euro, with rate today 155 x 38 = almost 5900 baht. Expensive as well.

THis was the topper: A titanium bolling tank, not electric. 2000 X 38 = 76000 baht !1??!!

I really dont get what they try to achieve with those prices. Yha of course money, but I will not ever buy.

From amazon UK.   A lot cheaper than 76,000 baht.   What currency is that 2000?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Boundless-Voyage-Titanium-Capacity-Stovetop/dp/B0B9XW4ZV5?th=1

16 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

This looks like the exact one in your post, only 71 euros

https://www.ubuy.co.nl/en/product/4DHTLGWGW-boundless-voyage-titanium-kettle-kettle-3-3-fl-oz-1-l-teapot-all-titanium-direct-fire-compatible-campfire-outdoor-camping-equipment-kettle

8 hours ago, radiochaser said:

Wow, amazing. They indeed look the same, but an😀other price.

I wouldnt have any clue then I found this in a shopsite costing this much 2000 euro.

I went back on site just now and checked again, it is gone !

Checked also on seller page, not there.

Blow me down, as yesterday it was there and I made the pic shot !

I was already flabbergasted by it, but now it is not there anymore, more flabbergasted.

Yesterday I did a wipe of cookies, so fresh start now, would that cause such crazy things?

22 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Wow, amazing. They indeed look the same, but an😀other price.

I wouldnt have any clue then I found this in a shopsite costing this much 2000 euro.

I went back on site just now and checked again, it is gone !

Checked also on seller page, not there.

Blow me down, as yesterday it was there and I made the pic shot !

I was already flabbergasted by it, but now it is not there anymore, more flabbergasted.

Yesterday I did a wipe of cookies, so fresh start now, would that cause such crazy things?

I'm sure someone very active in this thread has bought right after you posted

It is a water kettle, a very simple mechanism. Probably a heating element. and a thermostat.

2,000 bht?  by seven or ten of them  at200- 300 bht and line them up. when one brakes , push it of the counter and use the next one  

The ones that brake you can use them to plant mint. :laugh:

23 hours ago, BenStark said:

I'm sure someone very active in this thread has bought right after you posted

Had to find out, so I called Jeff Bezos.

I asked him are you stalking me and buy the kettle?

Yes he said, it was a bargain. :cheesy:

• Haha 1