Company Bus Plunges Into Canal, 3 Dead, 22 Injured

webfact

image.jpeg

On February 3rd, 2024, Samut Prakan local media gave an update on a recent accident involving a company bus carrying more than 20 passengers that lost control and plunged into a canal on 200-years Rattanakosin Road, Bang Bo, Samut Prakan.

Read about the previous article on the Samut Prakan company bus that plunged into a canal on 200-years Rattanakosin Road, Bang Bo, Samut Prakan.

Samut Prakan rescue teams and locals broke the bus windows and rescued all surviving passengers outside the overturned bus in a canal. The wounded passengers were assisted with first aid before being transferred to a nearby hospital.

image.jpeg

The rescue teams found two deceased bodies stuck inside the bus and retrieved them and one person was later pronounced deceased at a local hospital. As a result, there were 22 injuries and 3 casualties reported.

The police closed traffic and a crane was deployed to lift the bus for rescue teams to urgently search for victims.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I'm surprised that many passengers survived.

I have seen some very unprofessional bus drivers in Thailand.

The unwritten rule in driving in Thailand seems to be, "The bigger the rig, the more power you have on the road".

Some bus driver drive like they're in a sports car.....

Lead foot syndrome.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Why is there no mention of the company hiring the bus, or the operators of the bus?

Reporting of these facts surely cannot be defamatory?

check out that newspaper we are not to tal about they outline a lot more.

I think you can call this an accident the driver had never taken this route before.  It was 7 at night, and his only job was driving the bus.

Lighting and side barriers may have played a part in it as teh bridge was under construction. , but the driver was charged with reckless driving causing death.

Another news source quoted an eye witness as saying the bus approached the bridge at speed, struck a barrier and plunged into the canal. The accompanying photo shows the bridge is narrow relative to the road and clustered with construction hardware. 

14 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

I'm surprised that many passengers survived.

I have seen some very unprofessional bus drivers in Thailand.

The unwritten rule in driving in Thailand seems to be, "The bigger the rig, the more power you have on the road".

Some bus driver drive like they're in a sports car.....

I was on one of those buses on the. Afternoon of the 3rd. I believe I was the only to use the seat belt. So all those other bodies slam into me. I say make it a law. So I am not wasting my time wearing one

On 2/5/2024 at 5:42 PM, Dickie Dee said:

I say make it a law. So I am not wasting my time wearing one

Pointless laws without enforcement.

Makes me wonder why they all wore masks all the time during COVID when they simply ignore other laws when it suits.

They are still wearing masks and on motorbikes lol.